Sabres (and the Bills) hire Chief Operating Officer - Pete Guelli

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
PSE is dead! Long live the dual COO of both the Bills and the Sabres!

(I'm actually curious how it works to be hired to matching positions at two different companies like this. Which org gives him health insurance? Does the Bills gig pay him more? How does he decide how to allocate his time between teams?)

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Hey now....I'm from Rochester...I'm a SUNY Brockport grad....I've also never done anything impactful at the professional sports level....this should have been me.
Are any of us really in a position to judge whether or not he's "done anything impactful at the professional sports level"? He's held similar positions in two different organizations and seems about as qualified as anyone could expect.

I understand some pessimism based on how previous appointees have fared in the same position, but I'm not sure what his credentials have to do with anything. They seem fine.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Are any of us really in a position to judge whether or not he's "done anything impactful at the professional sports level"? He's held similar positions in two different organizations and seems about as qualified as anyone could expect.

I understand some pessimism based on how previous appointees have fared in the same position, but I'm not sure what his credentials have to do with anything. They seem fine.
A. This was clearly a satirical post because he's obviously more qualified than me...(allegedly)
B. The teams he's been connected with have done nothing to prove success
C. Yes....pessimism is best considering our history with this role.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

I thought it was just a (fitting) joke about Brockport 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Chainshot

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Wasn't/ Isn't Aquinas co-ed though? Sounds like there are perks...
It is. My perks from an only male school is a strong focus on academics and about 10 years of social anxiety. I actually don't mind Aquinas, and know a few decent alums from there. I just need to support my preconceived notions.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
It is. My perks from an only male school is a strong focus on academics and about 10 years of social anxiety. I actually don't mind Aquinas, and know a few decent alums from there. I just need to support my preconceived notions.
amen brother. One might say getting my degree from SUNY Brockport allowed me to be focused on other things....:thumbu:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Sports management structures are fascinating. I never thought they'd start to look so much like corporate america. It makes you wonder if it helps or hurts an org.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad