Saad to CBJ Part II - 6 years/$6m AAV

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I don't think Saad is overpaid. He's a 50-60 point player that can play PP/PK and 200ft game overall. That's worth 5-6m on the open market. I don't see a whole lot of upside from where he currently is. Not really a bad thing considering he's already a pretty good player.

Except he was NEVER on the open market. He was an RFA.

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario
I don't think Saad is overpaid. He's a 50-60 point player that can play PP/PK and 200ft game overall. That's worth 5-6m on the open market. I don't see a whole lot of upside from where he currently is. Not really a bad thing considering he's already a pretty good player.

52 points was his career high, on a line with Toews and Hossa. Let's see the numbers he puts up on Columbus' top line.

Right now he's on pace for 33 points and a -41

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
52 points was his career high, on a line with Toews and Hossa. Let's see the numbers he puts up on Columbus' top line.

Right now he's on pace for 33 points and a -41

Yeah and CBJ would finish dead last in the NHL, miles behind every other team. :sarcasm:

Neither will happen.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
I saw somewhere on Twitter that Dano isn't playing in Rockford's game tonight. Could it be a sign that he's coming up? Especially with Hoss being a question mark.

Edit: Scratch that, he is playing. Never trust Twitter

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Double A is looking like he will fit nicely here every goal that dude has scored has been sick. And they got Dano too!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
hey guys just stopping by, I think the trade worked well for both teams...

anyway, when saad was in Chicago did he struggle to finish breakaways? here it seems he either hits the pipe or misses wide every time. Still happy to have him though on pace for 25+ goals!! but I think he'd have closer to 30 if he put in half of his breakaways.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago

anyway, when saad was in Chicago did he struggle to finish breakaways? here it seems he either hits the pipe or misses wide every time. Still happy to have him though on pace for 25+ goals!! but I think he'd have closer to 30 if he put in half of his breakaways.

He was great off the rush in the playoffs last year.

JackStrawMan

Jun 26, 2015
Chicago, IL

I remember a good amount of grade A chances and thinking the same thing, but when you take a step back and realize even the best shootout guys are around 50% it makes more sense.

Hope Saad gets some more talent around him, the price tag was incredibly overpriced and put him in a very tough situation to be the go to guy, wish him the best. The Anisimov return really couldn't have worked out any better.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Like GG said, he was phenomenal at breakaways during our last cup run. Outside of that, he was still pretty good at finishing those chances during the other times in his career with the Hawks.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Saad was not a great finisher for Hawks though he showed a tendency to get the team going by scoring some key goals in the PO's .... but you gotta get there first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad