Recalled/Assigned: Rychel back to Springfield, Goloubef on conditioning assignment

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
so basically you don't understand how contracts and depth work...

relax before jumping off bridges...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
relax before jumping off bridges...

Actually you want to jump with rigid body position and use the pencil technique of feet first and legs tightly together.

As for Rychel, it's about what we expected. He looked good which is a positive.

Jarmo said he is unwilling to risk the future for gains today. That means, even if Rychel is slightly better than other forwards, if they think he benefits most in the AHL then that's where he will be.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Rychel stayed here the lines would have to look something like this for it to make sense:

Foligno-Joey-Hartnell
Rychel-Jenner-Skille
Calvert-Dubi-Cam
4th line from Gibbons,Tropp,Chaput,Cracknell

HCTR is liking Foligno at center, Joey with slugs and Jenner on the wing. Don't see how Rychel fits into that finely honed strategy. I suppose you could flip Jenner & Foligno but we don't know if that would work.

I like him in Springfield. His presence or absence mot likelyisn't going to make the difference in playoffs or none. Let him play a lot in Springfield and develop for the future.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
As for Rychel, it's about what we expected. He looked good which is a positive.

Jarmo said he is unwilling to risk the future for gains today. That means, even if Rychel is slightly better than other forwards, if they think he benefits most in the AHL then that's where he will be.

I concur.

Considering the limitations of choices caused by injuries I have been impressed this year with how well the coaching and management staff have balanced team needs versus personnel development needs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If Rychel stayed here the lines would have to look something like this for it to make sense:

Foligno-Joey-Hartnell
Rychel-Jenner-Skille
Calvert-Dubi-Cam
4th line from Gibbons,Tropp,Chaput,Cracknell

HCTR is liking Foligno at center, Joey with slugs and Jenner on the wing. Don't see how Rychel fits into that finely honed strategy. I suppose you could flip Jenner & Foligno but we don't know if that would work.

I like him in Springfield. His presence or absence mot likelyisn't going to make the difference in playoffs or none. Let him play a lot in Springfield and develop for the future.

I think your lines are way better than TR's.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
He was miles better than Wennberg, he actually deserved to stay, unlike Wennberg, who played a whole quarter of the season. I understand he needs more time to develop in the AHL, but really, Tropp, Cracknell or Rychel, who would you rather have in the lineup right now?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He was miles better than Wennberg, he actually deserved to stay, unlike Wennberg, who played a whole quarter of the season. I understand he needs more time to develop in the AHL, but really, Tropp, Cracknell or Rychel, who would you rather have in the lineup right now?
Wennberg's extended stay had less to do with relative readiness and more to do with injuries.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Only one thing is certain: Alexander Wennberg will be future Olympic gold medalist, Kerby Rychel won't be.

I'm not talking about the future, I'm talking about NOW. I think we all know Wennberg will be good, but he sure as hell wasn't that good in the 21 games he played for us this season.

Wennberg's extended stay had less to do with relative readiness and more to do with injuries.

I hear you, but Dano really would have been the better option over Wennberg, but he was actually sent down after only 8 games. Dano actually scored a goal in the 8 games, which Wennberg failed to do in 21.
Marko Dano was actually impressive. The lineup decisions this team makes confuse me immensly.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Look Kirby had a taste. And he was good. I want him down there salivating after that taste, improving his game, and just getting ready for his next call up to the bigs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad