Recalled/Assigned: Rychel back to Springfield, Goloubef on conditioning assignment

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@smitchcd: Also, #CBJ assign F Kerby Rychel to AHL Springfield, #SPRFalcons”

@smitchcd · 11m 11 minutes ago

#CBJ activate D Cody Goloubef from IR and assign him to AHL Springfield ffor conditioning assignment. #SPRFalcons

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
we gave him a taste...now he can go rip up the AHL and come back up at the end of the year and help...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Rachel we hardly knew you...

th

:cry:

Edit: This was posted when title read Rachel instead of Rychel :laugh:

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Dropping him on a top 6 wing on a team with an 11 game winning streak is probably more valuable to his development than 9 minutes a night on our bottom line.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I really like Rychel and he's going to be a beast in the future, but it's the right move at this time. Better for him to play top minutes on a team that has won 11 in a row, than be sitting on the bench or playing limited minutes here. And no you can't say he's better than any of the 4th liners and therefore should stay because that doesn't do him a damn bit of good to play 5 minutes a night.

And with who we have coming up this week, the young guys tend to be in aw of Crosby and Ovechkin the first few times they play them so better to go with a veteren lineup.

And I have never been impressed with Goloubef, I would not play him over any of the 6 that played last night except Wiz and we know Wiz is never going to be a healthy scratch so I'm not even going to call for it.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Surprised they didn't just waive Goloubef. He's too far down the depth chart to justify keeping him here.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
If HCTR actually "rolled all four lines," then he could still play 9-12 minutes a night on the 4th line. He could/should take Gibbons spot but doesn't matter. Probably not a season-altering move either way.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If HCTR actually "rolled all four lines," then he could still play 9-12 minutes a night on the 4th line. He could/should take Gibbons spot but doesn't matter. Probably not a season-altering move either way.

Gibbons has been disappointing, he can skate like the wind but has hands of stone...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I oppose this move. Rychel-Jenner was a good combo, and Rychel's outplayed Skille and Gibbons, so its not like the only option was the 4th line.

Also now would be a better time to waive Golo.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Good move.

From a development perspective, I think Rychel can grow much more playing in the AHL this year. Especially now that the injured guys are coming back. Hopefully he develops some bonds with Wennberg and Dano.

From a front office perspective, this keeps him well away from the 10-game limit that burns his first of the ELC. They can bring him up for another 5 if injuries come back and make a decision then if it's worth burning a year off the contract. From a business point of view, I like separating the expiry of his ELC from Wennberg's and Dano's by a year, so all 3 aren't being done at the same time.

It also pushes back another distracting Jarmo-Overhardt negotiation by a year so they can focus on the Joey one. :)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good move.

From a development perspective, I think Rychel can grow much more playing in the AHL this year. Especially now that the injured guys are coming back. Hopefully he develops some bonds with Wennberg and Dano.

From a front office perspective, this keeps him well away from the 10-game limit that burns his first of the ELC. They can bring him up for another 5 if injuries come back and make a decision then if it's worth burning a year off the contract. From a business point of view, I like separating the expiry of his ELC from Wennberg's and Dano's by a year, so all 3 aren't being done at the same time.

It also pushes back another distracting Jarmo-Overhardt negotiation by a year so they can focus on the Joey one. :)

Can someone explain why his ELC slides? I thought the whole ELC sliding thing was only for teenagers.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Surprised they didn't just waive Goloubef. He's too far down the depth chart to justify keeping him here.
Leopold just screams trade bait before the end of the season and with Murray not coming back anytime soon it would make senses to hold onto Golo as long as possible

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Can someone explain why his ELC slides? I thought the whole ELC sliding thing was only for teenagers.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an-entry-level-contract-slide

Apparently it depends on your age when you sign your contract. Rychel was 18 so he is eligible to have his contract slide 2 x's. Once last season while he was in juniors and once this season as long as he doesn't play 10 games.

Interesting point is he is considered 19 for calculating waiver status.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an-entry-level-contract-slide

Apparently it depends on your age when you sign your contract. Rychel was 18 so he is eligible to have his contract slide 2 x's. Once last season while he was in juniors and once this season as long as he doesn't play 10 games.

Interesting point is he is considered 19 for calculating waiver status.

The Tatar example cap geek gives is a good one in this case for Rychel. Tatar also has a late birthday and so his signing age was 18 even though his waiver age was 19. His ELC could slide 2 years due to his signing age. During the 2nd 'slide' year, he played 9 games with the Wings (under the limit) and 70 in the AHL, so it does't matter if the player is sent to the AHL versus juniors.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
From Shawn Mitchells Twitter
#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen said Rychel move was mainly b/c of ice time. Didn't want him sitting and watching or playing 4th line role.

thebus2288*

Tropp, Cracknell, Gibbons and Skille. We're trying to WIN games right? Or is this about "protecting the future" of the franchise or whatever like the Gaborik trade? What's the point of wanting or worrying about his contract sliding another year in THREE years if he could be playing now, THIS YEAR making an impact...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad