Ryan Smith hospitality

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nash has businesses in AZ. He won't be coming.
Do you know what businesses he has? The way it sounded when talking on a podcast he would like to be the guy in Utah. He said it is the best job in the world.

There’s quite a few of these guys that don’t want to do this and didn’t want this to happen and are not real thrilled going to Utah. Some didn’t really care but the consensus didn’t want to go to Utah.

Wonder if we see anyone request to be shipped out there?
I heard that as well from Morgan, but that is Morgan so take that with a grain of salt.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Do you know what businesses he has? The way it sounded when talking on a podcast he would like to be the guy in Utah. He said it is the best job in the world.

I heard that as well from Morgan, but that is Morgan so take that with a grain of salt.
doesn't he own about 3-4 Crossfit studios?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Public funding was always part of the equation. Why would the honeymoon be over? (Can't watch/listen currently).

The honeymoon isn't over. But I'm desperately glad I'm not a Utah taxpayer anymore. If Meruelo asked for this much tax money, I'd be 100% against it, just like I was against the tax asks from IceArizona and Barroway. I find it hilarious that a lot of the same people who are freaking out about inflation and consumer costs and so forth tend to be enthusiastically for municipalities jacking up taxes and throwing public money at sports owners.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Public funding is fine (either in Utah or Arizona). The public shouldn't be on the hook for it entirely. I like the tax district model. AM needs to get out there and do some handshaking. It is wild that he was the owner of the Coyotes for five years and never met anyone in office aside from the Tempe mayor (and that was really only in the council chamber).

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
What would you say if AM asked for all this? I'm sure you and many others would spout off against it.
What would I say? I am opposed to "public/private" partnerships and all other forms of fascism. However, the SLC/Utah/SEG thing was always about public funding and their legislation was rolling out the mat for NHL & MLB. So, the idea that public funding means the "honeymoon is over" doesn't make sense as that was built in to the marriage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad