Value of: Ryan Murray

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Definitely not putting up points... but defensively he's very good.
How has he looked this year? His possession stats are pretty poor, but that could be heavily influenced by the team being the 2nd worst team in a tough division.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
How has he looked this year? His possession stats are pretty poor, but that could be heavily influenced by the team being the 2nd worst team in a tough division.
He’s been very solid. The reason we got him so cheap was because he is often injured. Good decision making skills knowing when to pinch and when to drop back he often makes the right play and goes unnoticed most of the time. Just a solid defenseman I’d like to keep him around but again he is injury prone so wouldn’t want to give him term

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Solid player but still not one I trust to stay healthy. I'd hate to invest say, a 3rd, without some insurance in case he's injured during the playoffs.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Solid player but still not one I trust to stay healthy. I'd hate to invest say, a 3rd, without some insurance in case he's injured during the playoffs.
It could be a conditional pick. If he plays at least 50% of the teams playoff games and they make the conference finals it's a 3rd rounder. If he doesn't then it's a 4th/5th.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I used to think that the 5th was stupid underpayment at the time, but he hasn't played well point wise these past 2 years.
He's been sporadic defensively, was really good in the beginning of the year, was absolutely horrendous after the team had Covid, but seems to have turned the page and is back to playing well.

I really would like to have Murray and Kulikov back unless they're returning something that would be an overpayment.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Kulikov I’d hate to trade and prefer to resign unless a crazy return is offered . As in late 1st pick crazy .
Same as Murray but not to the extend of Kulikov . 2nd or RHD prospect and I’d think he would be gone
Very much in agreement with this.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kulikov I’d hate to trade and prefer to resign unless a crazy return is offered . As in late 1st pick crazy .
Same as Murray but not to the extend of Kulikov . 2nd or RHD prospect and I’d think he would be gone

Neither guy is getting a late 1st

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Neither guy is getting a late 1st
This might sound like a huge homer post but kulikov has been an absolute stud this year for us. My expectations were very low going in but he’s playing so well that isn’t unreasonable to ask for a late first from a playoff team. He is kind of reminding me of how methot played with Erik karlson for Ottawa’s playoff run to the ECF

Reactions: Puckclektr

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This might sound like a huge homer post but kulikov has been an absolute stud this year for us. My expectations were very low going in but he’s playing so well that isn’t unreasonable to ask for a late first from a playoff team. He is kind of reminding me of how methot played with Erik karlson for Ottawa’s playoff run to the ECF
I think he’s bring in a second but I’d rather keep him and try to re-sign him. He could brin in a first.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I just don't many UFA's getting 1st round picks this year especially sense there are about 5 teams with actual money.

Maybe Hall and Palmeri that's it.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He's been sporadic defensively, was really good in the beginning of the year, was absolutely horrendous after the team had Covid, but seems to have turned the page and is back to playing well.

I really would like to have Murray and Kulikov back unless they're returning something that would be an overpayment.
You can always resign Murray in the summer and get a free pick for him in the mean time

Reactions: Smitty426

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I have a question for the Devils fans on Murray

Is there a reason why Murray was playing 20 min and + by game at at the start of the season and that now, he's playing under 18min by game ?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Is there a reason why Murray was playing 20 min and + by game at at the start of the season and that now, he's playing under 18min by game ?

Kulikov seems to mesh better with Subban and then Smith got 'promoted' to the 2nd pairing with Severson. Don't know if it's anything bad by Murray per se, but that the staff got more confident to give Smith more minutes.

Reactions: Vachon23

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd like the Oilers to offer him a contract as a UFA in the off-season, but I don't think we can fit him in our roster at the deadline without sending longer term salary back which NJ won't want.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL

I think that Murray, while a very solid PKer lost a bit of his 5v5 status due to various factors including emergence of Ty Smith, Kulikov exceeding expectations and the fact that he's the most limited d-man when it comes to offense and transition (that's my opinion).

EDIT:

Those are his advanced stats 5 on 5:

upload_2021-4-1_0-24-7.png

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad