Ryan Murray

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Tried to find a player discussion , but how did he do overall is he progressing fine ??? I knew he had some injury issues. can some Jackets fans comment

All of the Murray discussion is in the injury thread. :help:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Can never stay healthy.

If/when he does, he'll be a top-pair Dman assuming his injuries haven't taken away his physical abilities. Can play in all situations. He's the Dman I trust most on the Jackets right now (when he plays).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I still think he has 40-50pt potential, PP, PK, ES. If he can stay healthy i think 22-25 min/game is what we should ne expecting

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
“We have a young team and every single one of us has something to prove,” he said. “We have the pieces in here, we all truly believe that.”

I feel like this current team is the first team we've had who have fully, as a unit, have completely bought in on Richards system and that truly believes they can win a cup.

I love it.

Also, how does our best player not even have a page of full discussion!?!?!

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I feel like this current team is the first team we've had who have fully, as a unit, have completely bought in on Richards system and that truly believes they can win a cup.

I love it.

Our best player spurned is in UFA to go play for the Minnesota Wild. There are plenty of pages of discussion

:sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I love it.

I think the Johansen and Bobrovsky threads have multiple pages so don't worry about that.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
The injury factor can't be ignored or written off, at least until he puts together a relatively healthy season.

Food for thought, he hasnt played essentially a "full season" since the season before he was drafted, 10-11. There seems to be some question about his potential, is he a number one pairing defenseman or is he that "game changer" ? Personally, I think he has first pairing upside, but he is not a "game changer" on the back end.

Of course, the injury factor, if he can't get out of it (through no fault of his own), could limit his development potential.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
There's nothing that predisposes Murray to injury, though. And it's not a recurrent issue aside from when he was rushed back and his knee didn't heal properly.

He's got just as much of a chance as anybody else at seeing a full season.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The injury factor can't be ignored or written off, at least until he puts together a relatively healthy season.

Food for thought, he hasnt played essentially a "full season" since the season before he was drafted, 10-11. There seems to be some question about his potential, is he a number one pairing defenseman or is he that "game changer" ? Personally, I think he has first pairing upside, but he is not a "game changer" on the back end.

Of course, the injury factor, if he can't get out of it (through no fault of his own), could limit his development potential.

He was never billed as a "game changer." The reason he went so high and had some hype that year is because he plays a solid, all-around game. You may not notice him every shift, but that's a compliment. He makes the right plays, does the little things right, and you very rarely have to worry about him in any situation. I'm looking forward to seeing how he starts out this year and if he can be that #1 "do it all" kind of guy the team needs.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
He was never billed as a "game changer." The reason he went so high and had some hype that year is because he plays a solid, all-around game. You may not notice him every shift, but that's a compliment. He makes the right plays, does the little things right, and you very rarely have to worry about him in any situation. I'm looking forward to seeing how he starts out this year and if he can be that #1 "do it all" kind of guy the team needs.

I remember the talk after the pick was that he was drafted because he was considered the most NHL ready of all the D. Thats what made it a bummer about his injury it sorta tarnished the reason he was picked becasue the team wanted help right away and passed on D IMO that had higher ceilings. That said hope he gets in the game and becomes that number one. He is supposed to develop that solid all around game like you mentioned.

thebus2288*

Sweet lord.

Ryan Murray is too young and doesn't even have enough injuries to be considered injury prone.

I am now fully convinced that most people on here use scouting reports from guys draft years as 60-70% of their "opinions" of them. Murray is way better offensively then being given credit for. There isn't a single player from his draft year that is better or that we'd be better off with.

Flashiness is not the same as "higher upside".

thebus2288*

He was never billed as a "game changer." The reason he went so high and had some hype that year is because he plays a solid, all-around game. You may not notice him every shift, but that's a compliment. He makes the right plays, does the little things right, and you very rarely have to worry about him in any situation.

Its hard to notice things when you don't know what you're looking for.

What is your definition of "game changer"? What you describe and what I see in Murray's game is a guy that is involved in the play so much he "changes" the game nearly every shift. He also has the potential to make a "big" game changing play on each shift also.

The reason he went so high is because he was ranked by many people to be the best player in the draft. Nothing has happened since to counter that idea.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Its hard to notice things when you don't know what you're looking for.

What is your definition of "game changer"? What you describe and what I see in Murray's game is a guy that is involved in the play so much he "changes" the game nearly every shift. He also has the potential to make a "big" game changing play on each shift also.

The reason he went so high is because he was ranked by many people to be the best player in the draft. Nothing has happened since to counter that idea.

This is one of those rare occasions where I agree with everything you said. I seriously believe a healthy Murray puts up 40-55pts.

And as to him having game changing abilities. . . Well this video speaks for itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad