Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (Practicing with Team, Full Contact)

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Last thing I want to do is run McDonagh into the ground the same way we have with Girardi.

Let him come back and heal. If he's available to help in the playoffs, then great. If he isn't, then poor luck for us. It is what it is. Move forward and play with the guys we have.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I know. I was just repeating what AV said.

Maybe AV is playing mind games. What if McDonagh shows up to practice in regular contact jersey and everything.

Who knows

I mean, hey, anything is possible. Sullivan did the same exact thing before Zatkoff skated out onto the ice to start game 1. Having McDonagh coming back a lot earlier than expected makes Sullivan's job a lot harder trying to get the match-ups he wants out on the ice when he doesn't have last change. These next two games are huge coming up.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He wouldn't be in a non-contact jersey if he wasn't medically cleared to play.

I just dont see AV rushing him back. He may be medically cleared, but they may want to let it heal a little more. Maybe see what happens in Game 3 and go from there.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Well I wasn't expecting that after the conference call yesterday unless it's AV playing games of his own. Gotta think he'll be back by game 5 at the absolute latest then, if not game 3 or 4.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
McDonagh skating with Diaz. Guess he'll still be out until Game 4, which is fine. Great to see him back at practice.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

YQUDcEG.gif

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Just because he is skating with Diaz in practice does not mean he is not playing tomorrow. Just not giving anything away at this point

RICK NASHTY

May 5, 2015
Huh? The second McD is cleared he will be back in. Every single game in the playoffs is vital, whether we can sweep in 4 or lose in 6. Every extra game takes a significant toll. As Rangers fans, we have experienced that arguably the most of any team in recent years.

On top of the fact that he will not be great when he gets back in and will need to get back to game level.

My point was I would rather McDonagh get more time to heal if we are confident ahead of Pittsburg. He is to vital to this team to only be at 75%. They need a 100% McDonagh to have any shot of going deep in these playoffs.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
No tbh I see us winning both at home and then losing to Pit in game 5 and sealing it in game 6 at home.

Tbh I see us losing game 3 at home and then winning 4 and 5. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems like every time we have the chance to get something done in the playoffs the easier way, we blow it.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Definitely going to lose game 3. How often in the last few years have we been able to win back to back playoff games? Seems like a VERY small %.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
That's all well and good, but when you factor in all the games for the last couple years, it's rare, definitely under 33%.

We hadn't won a Game 2 on the road after losing Game 1 since 1997. Guess that kind of goes to your point.. but things don't happen.. until they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad