Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (Practicing with Team, Full Contact)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hope it's just a bone bruise as well but we all know that's not always clear cut injury with a quick healing time. Just as the pk was getting a little positive results. Just sucks he always gets hurt this time of the year. Hope it's a 1-2 week injury and some rest can do him good

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Next to Lundqvist, I can't think of a long-term injury worse for the Rangers than McDonagh.

Even assuming Staal steps up his game with added minutes to where he has been in the past, this does so many things

1. Messes up the top powerplay unit, and forces us to play a defensive defenseman on the power play
2. Throws a right-handed shooter onto the left side of the ice
3. Forces one of Boyle or Yandle to spend significant time on the penalty kill

Big problems.
How does it mess up the top PP unit?

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH
I guess the only good news is that he was able to play 3 more shifts...it was was THAT bad he would have left right to the locker room...right? Maybe just a bone bruise? I don't know I'm just praying it's not broken.

That's what I was thinking. I was at the game, 10 rows up behind the Rangers bench and they were spraying something on his hand right after. Then he went back out there... :amazed:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Next to Lundqvist, I can't think of a long-term injury worse for the Rangers than McDonagh.

Even assuming Staal steps up his game with added minutes to where he has been in the past, this does so many things

1. Messes up the top powerplay unit, and forces us to play a defensive defenseman on the power play
2. Throws a right-handed shooter onto the left side of the ice
3. Forces one of Boyle or Yandle to spend significant time on the penalty kill

Big problems.

McD has been off PP1 for a while now, in favor of Yandle, and the PP has been that much better for it.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I guess the only good news is that he was able to play 3 more shifts...it was was THAT bad he would have left right to the locker room...right? Maybe just a bone bruise? I don't know I'm just praying it's not broken.

Zuccarello got a fractured hand in the olympics from a blocked shot. He still managed to play the rest of the game (or was it the period?). He missed some weeks.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Hes starting to look very injury prone. Hopefully he comes back soon.

I wouldn't go that far. 2 out of his 3 injuries this year have come from hits to the head. It's not like he's made out of glass. He just plays hard and has to go in to tough areas etc and thus has a higher chance of getting hurt than others.

Don Jaroodi*

Resign Yandle and trade McDonagh for 3 1st round picks.

NOT joking. Time to rebuild.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

MCfx.286173006_std.JPG

Last edited:

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
So best case he'd be back for the ECF? Yeah, we're screwed if that's the case.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Yeah I mean, they can. I just don't feel confident giving Staal/Girardi/Boyle more minutes.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We can win without him.

If we do win, it will be strongly on the back of Yandle. If they don't keep him after that it would be a crime.

Unfortunately, I didn't see this team getting past 2 rounds with McD. Without him it will be insanely difficult.

Many teams have severe injuries right now though, so who knows.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Our record without McDonagh is 4-1-1, but the playoffs are a whole different animal than games in February.

Silver lining: Marc Staal stepped up big and looked very good last night and Brady Skjei played very well during his 2nd stint here.

What do we think the pairings will look like?

Yandle-Klein
Staal-Boyle
Skjei-Girardi?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Our record without McDonagh is 4-1-1, but the playoffs are a whole different animal than games in February.

Silver lining: Marc Staal stepped up big and looked very good last night and Brady Skjei played very well during his 2nd stint here.

What do we think the pairings will look like?

Yandle-Klein
Staal-Boyle
Skjei-Girardi?

Either that, or:

Yandle-Klein
Staal-Girardi
Skjei-Boyle

Those last two pairings could be flipped. But Yandle-Klein seems set in stone.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
If we do win, it will be strongly on the back of Yandle. If they don't keep him after that it would be a crime.

Unfortunately, I didn't see this team getting past 2 rounds with McD. Without him it will be insanely difficult.

Many teams have severe injuries right now though, so who knows.

Skjei can step in and bridge the gap. I am confident of that. Yandle will play a huge part. McDonagh can still keep his conditioning up while he's in a sling/cast for a couple of weeks. Better it happened now before the playoffs even start.

He could be back by the second round.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
not sure how its dubinsky's fault that mcdonagh is an idiot and blocked a shot with his hand

McD has shown how much of a dumbass he is over the last few seasons. No need to block that ****ing shot and he blows his team's cup chance over something like that.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Either that, or:

Yandle-Klein
Staal-Girardi
Skjei-Boyle

Those last two pairings could be flipped. But Yandle-Klein seems set in stone.

::shudders::

Gotta flip those two. Better yet, play Mcilrath and Skjei together.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm not to assume anything right now about that rumor.

We'll see in a few hours what the official prognosis is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad