Prospect Info: Ryan Greene 2rd 57th overall Green Bay (Ushl)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really good pick. One of my favorite players in this draft. I had 23 on my draft board. I thought he was the best player in this draft from the USHL that doesn't play for the NTDP. I know it's difficult to use these types of comparisons, but he reminds me of a poor man's Jack Eichel. Right-handed center who skates well, has the size for the position at 6'2, good puck skills, and is a really good puck distributor. He can control the pace of the game in the offensive zone. I think he has very high upside. Wouldn't surprise me if he's eventually a top 6 center. I don't see weaknesses that are keeping him from being good, and I think he has big offensive upside. I think he was very underrated. USHL players who don't play for the NTDP often go under the radar, and he did. Should've been a first round pick.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Seems like there's a mixed bag of reviews on this guy.....

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Good newfie kid- there haven't been many drafted to the NHL but this current generation (Alex Newhook, Dawson Mercer, Zach Dean, Ryan Greene) are very promising.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Late '03 scoring at a point per game pace as a freshman for BU. Seems like he is one of the players who would have been part of the World Hockey Challenge had the tournament not been cancelled.

Will be interesting to track his development.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Late '03 scoring at a point per game pace as a freshman for BU. Seems like he is one of the players who would have been part of the World Hockey Challenge had the tournament not been cancelled.

Will be interesting to track his development.
Very good freshman year so far

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nice article on Greene here by Powers.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

The Blackhawks appear headed towards another top-five draft pick. You’re teammates with Macklin Celebrini. What makes his game so special?

He’s just got a motor that doesn’t stop. He’s just got a bit of everything, like there’s nothing that he can’t do really. He’s so dynamic and overall, just such a good player. His skating is great, transition, he possesses pucks, he can win puck battles. He can kind of do it all. He’s been a good friend of mine so far this year, unbelievable guy, great teammate. So, I can’t say enough good about him. He’s been really fun to watch. He’s been great for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad