Player Discussion Ryan Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer1111

Oct 19, 2014
Hopefully they find a team to unload him on at the deadline.

That play last night is emblematic of his cancerous presence. Take idiotic/dangerous penalty, get scored on, lose game. He's lucky he didn't get called for raking Enroth's mask with his stick too.

17 points is nowhere near enough to put up with this.

I wish we would just scratch his ass and put in someone like Ritchie. Garbutt is worthless.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Hopefully they find a team to unload him on at the deadline.

That play last night is emblematic of his cancerous presence. Take idiotic/dangerous penalty, get scored on, lose game. He's lucky he didn't get called for raking Enroth's mask with his stick too.

17 points is nowhere near enough to put up with this.

I sort of had the impression that he was on his last chance with Ruff/Nill. They mentioned talking to him and how his dangerous plays are unacceptable numerous times so I was actually a bit surprised when he gave that hit from behind and didnt seem to suffer any consequences.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
You don't get the best out of him if he's not allowed to lose his mind every once in a while.. Now he's playing with hand-brake on and that hurts the entire line. So what he sits a few games, play someone from the minors and once he clears, let him run loose again..

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
You don't get the best out of him if he's not allowed to lose his mind every once in a while.. Now he's playing with hand-brake on and that hurts the entire line. So what he sits a few games, play someone from the minors and once he clears, let him run loose again..

yeah cool. lets just let him continue to do stupid things until it really leads to a significant injury.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
yeah cool. lets just let him continue to do stupid things until it really leads to a significant injury.

So someone blows a knee or a shoulder.. Who cares, I for one am tired of losing year after year..

Last edited by a moderator:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
So someone blows a knee or a shoulder.. Who cares, I for one am tired of losing year after year..
I dont think Garbutt helps you win as much as you seem. Anyway blowing a knee or shoulder would be bad, but i was thinking more concussion or neck injury which is entirely possible with the way he likes to hit.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

What a ridiculous and pathetic thing to say about the competition. You'd be flying off the handle and throwing a fit if a dirty hit put Tyler Seguin out long term.

It's a sad double standard.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
The whole line playing better and we'd have 6-10 points more.. agreed?

We'd have more points if our defense played better.

We'd have more points if Kari played better.

We'd have more points if Tyler didn't hit 18,000 posts every other game.

We'd have more points if Spezza and Hemsky played better.

We'd have more points if Peverley was playing (prior to CBJ game).

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
The whole line playing better and we'd have 6-10 points more.. agreed?
cant you say that about most things? If Benn was having a better year we'd have more points. If Hemsky was having a better year we would have more points. If Kari was having a better year we would have more points.

great minds think alike, lobo

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Lindy Ruff employed Patrick Kaleta for many years in Buffalo. If you guys think he actually gives a rats ass about Garbutt taking a run at somebody every 15-20 games when the rest of the time he's an effective 3rd line player you're sorely mistaken.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Lindy Ruff employed Patrick Kaleta for many years in Buffalo. If you guys think he actually gives a rats ass about Garbutt taking a run at somebody every 15-20 games when the rest of the time he's an effective 3rd line player you're sorely mistaken.

He might not, but Nill certainly does...and has expressed so.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Agree with Lobo, and Ruff also said he wasn't going to put up with it much longer.

Ruff didn't and does not employ anyone. His GM chose the players for the most parts, and almost every single coach will say it's his job to get the most out of the guys he's given.

Ruff for sure had similar issues as Nill with how Garbutt has played lately.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I really do hope he's gone soon.

The REG line can survive without Garbutt.....he's proving to be the weak link as far as I'm concerned, and he's hurting the team as a whole with repeated stupid plays.

I wonder how many games they've lost off of PPGs scored while he was in the box.

SuperSaiyanSTARS

DangeROUSS#benneguin
Dec 21, 2010
tx
Quick question to my fellow Stars fans.
I don't get to watch Texas Stars game as much as I'd like to, so I was wondering what Derek Hulak is all about?
He reminds me of Garbutt, in the sense that he signed with Texas, then got an NHL contract. The way Hulak has been playing down in Austin, I feel as if Hulak is going to supplant Garbutt in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad