Value of: Ryan Dzingel to PIT

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know he's not a star byt what can Pittsburgh even offer, the cupboards are very VERY bare

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
I know he's not a star byt what can Pittsburgh even offer, the cupboards are very VERY bare

He was traded for a (waived) Alex Galchenyuk + Cedric Paquette earlier this season. How much has his value really changed if the question comes to what can PIT even offer?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
He was traded for a (waived) Alex Galchenyuk + Cedric Paquette earlier this season. How much has his value really changed if the question comes to what can PIT even offer?

Hes played some of his best hockey since that trade. If thats the trade your using as a bar. Absolutely no interest in the deal.

I for one hope we just keep and re-sign him.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Maybe a reclamation project, 21’ 2nd round pick & 22’ 2nd round pick.

Or maybe just a third. Either way, hope we trade him and he signs back with us in the off season.
Pitt has said the 2nd round pick is NOT in play . They will make a hockey trade as they have a surplus of D.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Pitt has said the 2nd round pick is NOT in play . They will make a hockey trade as they have a surplus of D.
He was obviously joking about the 2 2nds. That was the return last time.

3rd + conditional 5th in 2022 would do it. Becomes a 4th if you re-sign him. Conditional pick doesn’t change hands if Ottawa re-signs Dzingel as a UFA (it’s believed Ottawa will try to re-sign him, but not before the expansion draft)

You can send back a cheap expiring contract too if you like.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

3rd + conditional 5th in 2022 would do it. Becomes a 4th if you re-sign him. Conditional pick doesn’t change hands if Ottawa re-signs Dzingel as a UFA (it’s believed Ottawa will try to re-sign him, but not before the expansion draft)

You can send back a cheap expiring contract too if you like.

I don't think conditional picks based on re signing are allowed anymore

Reactions: Tryamw

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dzingel might return a 4th or 5th if we eat some salary. Very hard for me to see why he'd have more value than Ennis or Namestnikov did last year, even ignoring the COVID considerations and relative lack of cap space around the league.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Love the man, but he's the prototypical "good player on a bad team". He needs lots of es and pp time to produce that he wouldn't get on a top 10 roster, and he doesn't fit the preferred bottom 6 NHL role. Thats why he's been benched by two separate teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tryamw

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Love the man, but he's the prototypical "good player on a bad team". He needs lots of es and pp time to produce that he wouldn't get on a top 10 roster, and he doesn't fit the preferred bottom 6 NHL role. Thats why he's been benched by two separate teams in the playoffs.

He's playing on Ottawa's fourth line. Pretty much 0 PP time.

Reactions: MikeGsVengeance

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Like Dzingel as a middle 6 pick up for PIT at the deadline. Is Ottawa interested in moving him? If so what would a possible trade look like?

Pittsburgh doesn't need Dzingel. Why post something that isn't a need? Need a good 4th line upgrade. He isn't a fourth line guy, so pass.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Dzingel scored again last night for the Sens. He just plays great in Ottawa.

On the open market he's worth a 3rd rounder I'd say. However, with the low volume of deals, he might be available for even a 4th.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
According to Darren Dreger there is virtually zero trade interest in Dzingel. So a team could reasonably offer a 4th or 5th round pick, but I don't think the Senators are inclined to do that sort of deal.

I think he'll play out the string in Ottawa and they'll discuss a 1-year extension.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Again NO

You can send back a cheap expiring contract too if you like.[/QUOTE Again NO picks exchanged. The pens will trade a D for forward help . As good as taking that to the bank

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
How about this - a 7th* (latest 7th Pit has of the three).

How did Ottawa get Dzingel? In 2011, Pens traded their 7th to Ottawa for Alexi Kovalev. That 7th? Ryan Dzingel.

Reactions: Giskard

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I don't think conditional picks based on re signing are allowed anymore
Really? Did that change this season?

Both of these trades at the 2020 deadline had conditional picks based on re-signing.

Eakin from Vegas to Jets
Scandella from Montreal to the Blues

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad