Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Craig recalled by the CBJ/Tim Erixon sent down

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT

Richards was critical of how Erixon approached practices. "If you're not playing, you have to treat practice like your game."

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT

Richards was critical of how Erixon approached practices. "If you're not playing, you have to treat practice like your game."

I wonder if that's Erixon showing some frustration. He earned a spot on this team, IMO. But at this point, yes send him down, can't let bad habits start.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Tyutin returns tomorrow, Savard, much to my surprise, has played well, so less need to carry additional D. Yes, I'm also wondering about Calvert.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I still don't see anything worthwhile in Savard. Granted I'm naturally just not a fan of his so maybe I'm not seeing anything because I don't want to, but outside of not being embarrassing like he was last year, what upside does he bring? At least with Erixon you had his good vision, pass, and skating, but really what part of Savard's game can you look at and say, "Yeah, he's good at that,"?

bizzz*

The main advantage for Savard is his righthanded shot. The Jackets are set on the left side and Erixon can't play on the right. Actually they are not even competitors with Savard, they play different positions.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Big mistake sending Erixon down over Savard....
Because one played good last season and one is playing good this season? It's a win win because we don't lose either of them.

I still don't see anything worthwhile in Savard. Granted I'm naturally just not a fan of his so maybe I'm not seeing anything because I don't want to, but outside of not being embarrassing like he was last year, what upside does he bring? At least with Erixon you had his good vision, pass, and skating, but really what part of Savard's game can you look at and say, "Yeah, he's good at that,"?
Erixon is a better two way player and has better vision as you said, but I would argue Savard's passing and offensive abilities are better. As I said earlier, its a win-win. Both are playing and both are still under our control.

The main advantage for Savard is his righthanded shot.

This is true too.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Craig was the best of a bunch of meh during TC. I hope Jenner goes into the lineup before him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad