Injury Report: Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Hope this means only actual fighters fight from now on.

stop it wasn't from a fight he got pulled the wrong way. you can't possibly be suggesting that you want our guys standing around like pansies avoiding contact cause they might get hurt

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Looked like Talbot snapped the shoulder in half, really does not look good for Cally. I'm hoping he can be back for the playoffs

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
stop it wasn't from a fight he got pulled the wrong way. you can't possibly be suggesting that you want our guys standing around like pansies avoiding contact cause they might get hurt

2-0 lead in the third there is no reason to fight there, he can push and shove but under no circumstances should he be fighting there. Besides he wears a visor... take the helmet off if you are gonna fight.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
By the comments it's entertaining to see those who have never even remotely played the game of hockey in their life....let alone any sport.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Where are all you guys (here and the gdt) getting all those estimates from? A shoulder injury like that could mean long term injury, but it could also have him good to go by thursday. No way to tell from the video how severe it is.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Point is, you're up 2-0 w/ 15 minutes left in the 3rd period. No point in even getting into a scrum there. And besides, there was nothing to warrant Cally going after a Flyer there.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
:handclap::handclap:
2-0 lead in the third there is no reason to fight there, he can push and shove but under no circumstances should he be fighting there. Besides he wears a visor... take the helmet off if you are gonna fight.
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Great post this is why
Rupp
Bickel
Asham are on the team 2-0 nothing to gain purely stupid

danman1202

Nov 19, 2006
Long Island
By the comments it's entertaining to see those who have never even remotely played the game of hockey in their life....let alone any sport.

please provide us with a copy of the check of you making millions of dollars in the nhl

this isn't slapshot

you're playing for the stanley cup you can't be that dumb

Greg NYR

Aug 19, 2007
im having surgery for this in two weeks, had my other shoulder done about three years ago, the labrum tears almost always when a shoulder dislocates, if this is the case and he has surgery hell be out at least 3-4 months

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
please provide us with a copy of the check of you making millions of dollars in the nhl

this isn't slapshot

you're playing for the stanley cup you can't be that dumb

Sorry, but "Talbot intentionally pulled his shoulder out."

or

"This is career ending."

are laughable.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Looked like he just popped out his shoulder.

He didn't look like he was in any pain, just that he felt something was wrong.

BarbaraAlphanse

He ran off in quite a bit of pain when he got into the tunnel.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I popped my shoulder out once (and it immediately popped back in) and it hurt like hell at first, felt weak for 7 days or so, and was mostly ok after 2 weeks, but I had some restricted motion for a bit and I'm not a pro athlete

I think he's gonna miss some significant time, which is bad news, but we'll see what happens

Also, Talbot is the one who started dropping the glove and punching at Callahan, which prompted him to drop the gloves. Callahan didn't start the actual fight, Talbot did

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
Talbot was jamming away at Lundqvist. Cally pulled him off. Talbot threw punches. He defended himself. Pretty simple. Not sure what some of you expect here. Jeez.

Apr 10, 2012
headhunting at it's finest. nice job talbot smh. he threw his WHOLE weight of his body into dislocating cally's shoulder. no way in hell was that a punch. rewatch the video. that was an intentional dislocation. he puts one arm on the shoulder and pulls while he pushes all of his body into the chest. intentional 100%. talbot's reaction afterwards says it all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad