RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
When did this become a Nurse thread?

Oilers' fans can say they didn't bring him up, but they certainly aren't letting discussion about him die in this thread (which, last I checked, is about Nichushkin... Not Nurse).

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I don't see how any GM's will be kicking themselves if Nichushkin has a 30 goal rookie season. Everyone knows he is extremely talented, but the guy is a flight risk plain and simple. KHL is throwing big money at every talented Russian player. I wouldn't want him near my team for the risk of losing him. I hope he stays in North America, but I can't blame anyone for moving back home and playing for more money.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I don't see how any GM's will be kicking themselves if Nichushkin has a 30 goal rookie season. Everyone knows he is extremely talented, but the guy is a flight risk plain and simple. KHL is throwing big money at every talented Russian player. I wouldn't want him near my team for the risk of losing him. I hope he stays in North America, but I can't blame anyone for moving back home and playing for more money.
This is highly unlikely to happen, but if he does have a 30 goal rookie season, many GMs will be kicking themselves for sure. Maybe he goes to the KHL at some point, maybe he stays in the NHL for his whole career, nobody knows. The fact is that he's currently choosing the NHL, and if he turns into a star player for Dallas then they're going to be psyched.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
This is highly unlikely to happen, but if he does have a 30 goal rookie season, many GMs will be kicking themselves for sure. Maybe he goes to the KHL at some point, maybe he stays in the NHL for his whole career, nobody knows. The fact is that he's currently choosing the NHL, and if he turns into a star player for Dallas then they're going to be psyched.

Guys his dream is NHL and he trying to be here, came from from other part of the world alone to desert in Texas) why he need it if he can easily play at home?

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Is this the part where you tell me Nichushkin would go #1 in Yakupov's draft year? Because it's not Yakupov #2, it's Yakupov x0.5.

I'd take Nurse 10/10 but the player I wish we got was Monahan, not Nichushkin.

It's mathematics, you see? 0.5 - hard numbers. Really hard.

Facts.

:laugh:

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Guys his dream is NHL and he trying to be here, came from from other part of the world alone to desert in Texas) why he need it if he can easily play at home?

Dallas is hundreds of miles away from Texas' deserts. Only like 12% of the entire state is desert. :teach:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I would have traded Eller + for Nichushkin to the Oilers at the draft if I were Bergevin. The guy is going to be awsome in the NHL. The Oilers drafted Nurse because of a need, but imho they made a mistake, you should always draft bpa.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
so there is such a hot climate like in the desert)

Nope. Not all all. Deserts are defined by precipitation levels more than temperature. Average temperature year round for Dallas is like 70 F. Dallas has around the same rainfall as Detroit, St. Louis, New York City, Pittsburgh. Would you consider those cities to be in the desert?

Also I live here so I might know whether I live in a desert or not.

Primetimey*

His English isn't that great, lets not debate about climates. He is simply saying it's hot in Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver

I guess the way I see it is this: The NHL Draft is a crap-shoot. So Drafting Nichushkin is like taking a gamble on a gamble. If Nichushkin has a 30 goal campaign, the KHL is gonna come-a-knockin'. If Nichushkin is disgruntled with a lack of playing time, the KHL is gonna come-a-knockin'. During the highs and lows of his career, he will be constantly receiving offers to play in his homeland. Maybe after 2 successful years, he feels like he can cross the NHL off his bucket list and go home to play for the big money. Who knows. And I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the line, the Russian National Team makes it policy to only bring KHL players to the Olympics. All of this applies to Russians only. If the SEL had the money the KHL does, I would become nervous about drafting Swedes.

Going a little off topic here, but I actually like seeing talented players choose the KHL over the NHL. I would love for the NHL to have a rival and dare to dream, maybe even a Champions league.

I would've been crazy excited if my Canucks drafted Nichushkin, and I would try to suppress these thoughts as much as possible and just try to enjoy the ride. This kid is 'raw' in every sense of the word. Meanwhile my Canucks draft Bo 'The Utility Belt' Horvat. Drafting Bo Horvat is like buying a comfortable pair of pants. lol

Last edited:

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Nope. Not all all. Deserts are defined by precipitation levels more than temperature. Average temperature year round for Dallas is like 70 F. Dallas has around the same rainfall as Detroit, St. Louis, New York City, Pittsburgh. Would you consider those cities to be in the desert?

Also I live here so I might know whether I live in a desert or not.

dont get me wrong
desert or not does not matter - for the man from the other side of the world who came alone to play in the NHL and makes it.
SO i think Dallas is perfect place to live and work , but home is home and guy really wants to be there in Dallas

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I would've been crazy excited if my Canucks drafted Nichushkin, and I would try to suppress these thoughts as much as possible and just try to enjoy the ride. This kid is 'raw' in every sense of the word. Meanwhile my Canucks draft Bo 'The Utility Belt' Horvat. Drafting Bo Horvat is like buying a comfortable pair of pants. lol

:laugh:

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
It's highly unlikely Nichushkin would surpass Taylor Hall, a #1 overall pick who was 2nd in West Scoring, Jordan Eberle, 1 season removed from 70 pts, Nail Yakupov, a #1 pick. Perron on the other hand has been one of the best possession players in the league the past 6 years or so. Nichushkin has a lot to do before surpassing him. .

No kiddin? Great point!!!

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It's more then obvious that the Calder is this Nichushkin kid's to lose. He will blow other rookies out of the water like rubber toy boats.

MetalGodAOD*

It's more then obvious that the Calder is this Nichushkin kid's to lose. He will blow other rookies out of the water like rubber toy boats.

Please note that Dallas fans are not the one's perpetuating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad