RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Of course a player like Hughes will help anyone, but it's not like Wahlstrom is a completely different player now. He's been on fire all season scoring at a high pace, and was being ranked top 10 before Hughes was even moved up.

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
Of course a player like Hughes will help anyone, but it's not like Wahlstrom is a completely different player now. He's been on fire all season scoring at a high pace, and was being ranked top 10 before Hughes was even moved up.
Didn't mean to indicate that Wahlstrom or Farabee are completely different players due only to Hughes.
So, in general: for a top player it doesn't make a difference in regards to being recognized with whom he is playing with?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I like Wahlstrom but he is nothing like Boeser in my opinion.

he is one of the best pure goal scorers/snipers for this draft. his shot IMO is his best asset.
he has been underrated for much of the year like Boeser was during his draft..

I am not saying he plays exactly like Boeser, but I see a lot of similarities in their skill set (Wahlstrom is the better skater and vision) and situation to say that unless Wahlstrom goes top 5, people are going to say how he didn't get picked higher in a few years..just like Mr. Boeser who right now if the draft was redone would be a top 5 or 6 pick.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Reminding me of Laine progression wise right now, obviously not as top notch quality but last year he was not looking like a first round prospect, stats wise. Prior to that he was a consensus top prospect for this draft. Glad he has stepped up significantly in his draft year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Oliver Wahlstrom's college future in doubt again

Seems smart to me. Harvard's great, but they don't give scholarships right? and for someone who is a slam dunk high 1st round pick, it doesn't make sense, if he's only gonna go one year and leave. I wonder where he'll go. I'd think he stays in the Boston area, my guess is BU with Farabee.

I thought I remembered hearing he was considering the Q. But it seems like BU would make the most sense for him.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
pretty crazy to see Harvard who was to have Bode Wilde and Oliver Wahlstrom , to now maybe none of them....most of us didn't think Wahlstrom would make it to Harvard, but this is still a surprise if true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad