RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He just screams Hossa to me....Montreal made a great selection....him and Galchenyuk.......wow..nice future for the Habs.

he's a lot bigger than i thought. he's had some nice chemistry with Galchenyuk too. I don't think he makes habs as an 18 y.o. not this year. Sekac is the guy who will win that spot. De la rose to the A and scherbak to everett

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He showed some nice resiliency tonight (made an awful mistake on the 1st Bruins goal) and then rebounded big time in the 2nd and 3rd, was a part of at least 5 scoring chances with Hudon and Bourque as his linemates (i.e., not exactly a great situation with Hudon trying to play center for the first time in a long time, if ever and Bourque being Bourque).

Once again he showed really nice hockey sense in the offensive zone.

Hopefully he gets another game before they send him back, this time with Galchenyuk as his C.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
This kid is going to light the WHL up now that he isn't on the worst CHL team.

He just scored his 3th goal in 1 game and a half.

In another thread, I predicted a top 5 finish in pts. I wouldn't be shocked if he leads the WHL just before the WJC.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This kid is going to light the WHL up now that he isn't on the worst CHL team.

He just scored his 3th goal in 1 game and a half.

In another thread, I predicted a top 5 finish in pts. I wouldn't be shocked if he leads the WHL just before the WJC.

The Blades were bad but don't go crazy with hyperbole. They weren't even last place in the WHL's Eastern Conference.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
The Blades were bad but don't go crazy with hyperbole. They weren't even last place in the WHL's Eastern Conference.

Scherbak had 78 pts last year... the second highest scorer had 43. The second highest scorer who played the whole season with Saskatoon had 34 pts.

Scherbak was the team.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Scherbak had 78 pts last year... the second highest scorer had 43. The second highest scorer who played the whole season with Saskatoon had 34 pts.

Scherbak was the team.

All he meant is that the Blades weren't the worst team in the CHL...which they weren't.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

Scherbak was the team.

The guys that had 40 points played 30-40 games so they were PPG. If they played 70 or so games they would be close to Sherbak's point totals and these 2 guys were overagers.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Scherbak was the team.

I was a big Scherbak booster before the draft and still am. I was just saying your statement was hyperbolic, because a team that doesn't even have the worst record in its conference of its league is simply not the worst team in the CHL. That's all. Yes, his team sucked, especially for a large stretch of the season. Yes, I think he's a gem for where he was taken.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I was a big Scherbak booster before the draft and still am. I was just saying your statement was hyperbolic, because a team that doesn't even have the worst record in its conference of its league is simply not the worst team in the CHL. That's all. Yes, his team sucked, especially for a large stretch of the season. Yes, I think he's a gem for where he was taken.

You're right, I was under the impression they were a last place team.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
2 assists tonight, now 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 pts in 4 games.

Nice start for him.;)

Great to see Scherbak continue to play well after his awesome training camp. I don't normally get carried away with prospects, but its hard not to get excited about this guy. He has all the tools to be a great NHLer.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can someone who's watched him play this season comment on his performance so far?

Thanks.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Can someone who's watched him play this season comment on his performance so far?

Thanks.

Haven`t seen him in about two weeks but he was solid in his first couple of games after returning. I am sure it has been more of the same since then, too. Saw him extensively last year and loved his game, rating him ahead of a guy like Virtanen. With added size and strength this season he is poised for a big year. He thinks the game at such a good level, has a good stick and is equally dangerous as both a shooter and playmaker.

He has some Datsyuk qualities to his game, along with some Hossa. If he continues to show nice growth he could be a total stud. His development curve has been so extremely sharp that it is probably a bit harder to peg his real potential.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013

Thanks.

I've watched a few games this year and he's been a standout in every one of them. If u are a Habs fan and like exciting hockey, u are going to love this player. Defensive game is still being fine tuned but is coming along. Could have potentially been a steal for how late he went in the 1st round.

ZeroPT*

I really was hoping he'd fall to 31 last year. Lame that TM probably wouldn't have picked him either way. Oh well.

He's Hossa 2.0 IMO. Really love the kid.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I love the kid, but he isn't close to Hossa's elite defensive game (which is part of why Hossa has been such a force).

Obviously.

The comparison I use with Hossa is definitely more of a stylistic one. Very similar skaters and just style of play in general.

But as mentioned, Hossa wasn't an elite defensive player as a youngster. With Scherbak's hockey sense, he could one day be a well above average defensive player too...although definitely not up to Hossa's elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad