RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 5

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Also, as much as your head coach claims that he likes his game
he sure is not trusting him in key moments, when its time to defend a lead
or when opposition is pulling the goalie.

for example, when was the last time he saw the ice in this 3rd period?
8 minutes and 10 seconds of ice time, the fewest of all players, both teams

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
You seem vaguely obsessed with him. Not the same thing as hatred, but still kind of odd for a random young player.
He's playing okay, 4th liner if everyone is healthy. He doesn't play much late in close games for the same reason that he doesn't PK. He played most of the year in the AHL. He's a 22 year old grinding winger. Young guys who have his trajectory this year, on good teams, are usually used the way he's being used by RT.
Other than being picked #10 OA nobody in Vancouver has a problem with how he's playing. Except you.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Bizarre lack of production, but then again, he has never produced much at all at pro level
- this season though, even less so, not in the 3rd/4th line role in the NHL, nor not much 1st line role production in the AHL.

2 points in 19 NHL regular season games
28 points in 44 AHL regular season games, 1 point in 3 playoffs games (all 3 are losses).

And, what ive read from Canucks side of this site, he didn't play well in the playoffs

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Bizarre lack of production, but then again, he has never produced much at all at pro level
- this season though, even less so, not in the 3rd/4th line role in the NHL, nor not much 1st line role production in the AHL.

2 points in 19 NHL regular season games
28 points in 44 AHL regular season games, 1 point in 3 playoffs games (all 3 are losses).

And, what ive read from Canucks side of this site, he didn't play well in the playoffs
Elite 2018 Hlinka Gretzky and then just didn't produce much. Quite odd, but we all know that teams in the K don't play young players much (especially the ones with flight risk) unless they're super elite. He hasn't been.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So,.. what was the purpose for calling up Podkolzin? for the playoffs round 2 game 5.
7 minutes of ice time, no points, 3 hits, 1 shot on goal, lowest minutes of all Canucks players.
- is always left to the bench in 3rd, when the game is close and team needs a goal, or is securing a lead/win

Canucks coach has said how he loves Pods game and what not, but i say it again,
he sure doesn't trust him much, at all though.

Why not call up Räty instead?, he is younger, bigger, stronger, better, obviously more skilled
also, he can play all 3 forward positions, yes he is a center.

I think, he was given a 2 year contract so he could be traded easier, he would have more "value"
because Canucks coaches sure are not giving him a role from the team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So,.. what was the purpose for calling up Podkolzin? for the playoffs round 2 game 5.
7 minutes of ice time, no points, 3 hits, 1 shot on goal, lowest minutes of all Canucks players.
- is always left to the bench in 3rd, when the game is close and team needs a goal, or is securing a lead/win

Canucks coach has said how he loves Pods game and what not, but i say it again,
he sure doesn't trust him much, at all though.

Why not call up Räty instead?, he is younger, bigger, stronger, better, obviously more skilled
also, he can play all 3 forward positions, yes he is a center.

I think, he was given a 2 year contract so he could be traded easier, he would have more "value"
because Canucks coaches sure are not giving him a role from the team.

Find someone in life who loves you the way you hate Pod.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Find someone in life who loves you the way you hate Pod.
Why do you and Canucks fans think, still think i hate Podkolzin, super weird. - never hated him, never will, why would i?
And i always get replies like this, no one ever questions him, no matter how he plays,
everybody loves him and his game... why?

He is not playing good hockey, he is not producing, he is not helping his team to win,
his role is small.

Look at this game 6, what exactly he did to help his team?
took a 10 min misconduct penalty in 3rd, played 9 minutes? yay?!?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why do you and Canucks fans think, still think i hate Podkolzin, super weird. - never hated him, never will, why would i?
And i always get replies like this, no one ever questions him, no matter how he plays,
everybody loves him and his game... why?

He is not playing good hockey, he is not producing, he is not helping his team to win,
his role is small.

Look at this game 6, what exactly he did to help his team?
took a 10 min misconduct penalty in 3rd, played 9 minutes? yay?!?
So your answer is to call up the finnish guy whose skating probably isn't going to cut it and play him 5-7 MPG?

I agree that his development is a disappointment but part of that was a changing of the guard and bad circumstances it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00