RW/LW Valentin Zykov (2013, 37th, LAK; 2016 trade, CAR; claimed by EDM; claimed by VGK)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Who was Zykov playing with in the preseason? He managed to have 3 goals & 3 assists in 4 preseason games. He just didn't get put in the right role here. I've got a feeling management will regret this. How could you not even get a 7th round pick back in return?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Who was Zykov playing with in the preseason? He managed to have 3 goals & 3 assists in 4 preseason games. He just didn't get put in the right role here. I've got a feeling management will regret this. How could you not even get a 7th round pick back in return?

Preseason scoring means absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Dempsey

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, it is totally AHL's fault that Zykov is a slow skater.
It's totally Zykov's fault that he has put himself in leagues and situations where he would not improve his skills.

The AHL was mentioned because that's where he will spend some time going forward it seems. Indocation of how he developed.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
It's totally Zykov's fault that he has put himself in leagues and situations where he would not improve his skills.

The AHL was mentioned because that's where he will spend some time going forward it seems. Indocation of how he developed.
Such a simplistic and tedious perspective.

Reactions: schnapshot

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I am sure you have a very in depth and thoughtful analysis to share.
I'm sure you think if Zykov stayed in russia he would be challenging for the rocket right now.

No one takes your opinion serious, not every Russian player who comes to play junior/semi-pro hockey in north america makes the wrong choice.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012

AHL was good for Goldobin. Look at him now, he is playing with Pettersson. Didn't you imply he was a bust while he was bouncing back and forth from AHL and NHL? Zykov needs a team to give him a chance, a coaching staff that is willing to work with his deficiencies and with time there could be a player there. Carolina just didn't want to see it through and let him work through his struggles. I don't blame them because I don't really know too much about the situation. Maybe their depth made him expendable but he is still a salvageable asset. Hopefully it works out for him in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad