RW Lenni Hämeenaho - Ässät U20, U20 SM-sarja (2023, 58th, NJD)

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Was okay today with a splendid goal. Still didn't manage to lead this team to anything and wasn't close being on the same level as another prospect named Kulich. SO yeah...

Let's wish Lenni all the best with his future career. He stepped up later on this tournament after being invisible in the beginning.
A false statement is not an argument. And Kulich is great, but his game does not affect the quality of Lenny's game. Good luck.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
A false statement is not an argument. And Kulich is great, but his game does not affect the quality of Lenny's game. Good luck.
Okay, Mr. Know it all.

If you are right Lenni will become a first liner. I actually have no problems with that, I hope you are right :)

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Okay, Mr. Know it all.

If you are right Lenni will become a first liner. I actually have no problems with that, I hope you are right :)
Did i said he will become first liner? I didnt said that. I think his ceiling is top-6 winger, floor is middle six winger. But if he will train with Bratt and Holtz on his skating with Bratt's skating coach, it will be not that hard for him to hit his ceiling.

But he needs to work on his skating. What is working against kids and in finns league, will not work against regular nhl team.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Did i said he will become first liner? I didnt said that. I think his ceiling is top-6 winger, floor is middle six winger. But if he will train with Bratt and Holtz on his skating with Bratt's skating coach, it will be not that hard for him to hit his ceiling.

But he needs to work on his skating. What is working against kids and in finns league, will not work against regular nhl team.
It seemed like you were saying that, yes. You are spamming never ending defense stories. I saw the games against Canada, Germany and at least another where he wasn't good and frankly quite bad.
But you on the other hand? Think I'm wrong. Good for you? Why would I give a rats ass about your opinion. I wish him all the best and want to see him succeed.
Last but not least, let's hope you are right. I'm more than fine with that. Quite glad if your prediction hits so congrats to that as well.

Yeah I know, you are stating old news. I think every finn knows about those issues at this point.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It seemed like you were saying that, yes. You are spamming never ending defense stories. I saw the games against Canada, Germany and at least another where he wasn't good and frankly quite bad.
But you on the other hand? Think I'm wrong. Good for you? Why would I give a rats ass about your opinion. I wish him all the best and want to see him succeed.
Last but not least, let's hope you are right. I'm more than fine with that. Quite glad if your prediction hits so congrats to that as well.

Yeah I know, you are stating old news. I think every finn knows about those issues at this point.
May be we are seeing "good play" and "bad play" in circumstances of overall bad team play differently?

Im not stating old news, I explained my real opinion and what it is based on, in rebuke to the false "my" opinion, which I did not express.

You can give other rats parts about any other opinion, but other people are watching games, know about stats and know about overall results. I think it's not worth having a general weigh-in of rats asses. It will not change future of Lenni anyway. And his potential problems and his potential success.

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Pot meet kettle.... :sarcasm:
One kiss to you ass well. And a hug.

I was going to comment "irony" to his post but this nails it too.
What is the irony? That someone actually watched some games that he played and weren't that good and therefor not that impressed? You are acting like butth*rted kids. Every player has bad games. It's about how many bad versus good ones. 2/5 of his efforts in this tournament were pretty bad. He was expected as one of the leaders. I mean you are the ones getting provoked if anything.
He get's 3 out of 5 from me, and he was closer a 2 than a 4.
Good later on in the tournament and with that beauty of a goal. But no performances worth mentioning or remembering as a finn who has witnessed the last 15-20 WJC's. Again, does that provoke you? Or am I entitled to my opinion?

Let's hope he has a great career and settle with that? Or do you want some more salt and lemons?

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Did you watch every single game he played this tournament?
I don’t trust your eye test over the people actually watching every play and tracking the stats. There is nothing to support that he was invisible except for just looking at box scores.

• Haha

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
May be we are seeing "good play" and "bad play" in circumstances of overall bad team play differently?

Im not stating old news, I explained my real opinion and what it is based on, in rebuke to the false "my" opinion, which I did not express.

You can give other rats parts about any other opinion, but other people are watching games, know about stats and know about overall results. I think it's not worth having a general weigh-in of rats asses. It will not change future of Lenni anyway. And his potential problems and his potential success.
Pretty good post from you, I' ll give you that.
But did you actually watch every game this WJC? Do you even know which games I thought he was underwhelming and why?
Or did you just watch stats and claim he's good? Be honest.
You seem to be able to write longer explanations so go ahead, answer my questions please. Thank you.

Also, I' ll give you that you seem to be genuinely interested in his progress. Those other two echos can contribute with something worth reading or actually show this and that to convince me I'm wrong. For an example? What was good, pick specific moves out of different games etc.
Because besides some goals and one true beauty he seems a bit sluggish with decent-good IQ and the ability to hit net but in the end? Not that distinguishing or noticeable in any way. And like you stated before, this was the WJC's. Lot easier opponents and naive defenders than he will have to face at the NHL, if he succeeds and reaches that level.

Have a nice one.

I don’t trust your eye test over the people actually watching every play and tracking the stats. There is nothing to support that he was invisible except for just looking at box scores.
Yeah, name one who watched every play? Besides myself or another finn that is.
Good for you, don't trust me then.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Pretty good post from you, I' ll give you that.
But did you actually watch every game this WJC? Do you even know which games I thought he was underwhelming and why?
Or did you just watch stats and claim he's good? Be honest.

You seem to be able to write longer explanations so go ahead, answer my questions please. Thank you.
Also, I' ll give you that you seem to be genuinely interested in his progress. Those other two echos can contribute with something worth reading or actually show this and that to convince me I'm wrong. For an example? What was good, pick specific moves out of different games etc.
Because besides some goals and one true beauty he seems a bit sluggish with decent-good IQ and the ability to hit net but in the end? Not that distinguishing or noticeable in any way. And like you stated before, this was the WJC's. Lot easier opponents and naive defenders than he will have to face at the NHL, if he succeeds and reaches that level.
I saw all of the games of finns, but not full. somewhere 60-75% of overall playing time. Sorry, but I will not write specific codes. Still have some time for boards, but in this case I didnt make records or writes. Im little but busy. Sorry if its not enough for you, I can understand it.

Overall I like his positional game, his takeaway job and his puck work. He wasnt as agressive and close in forecheck but he is working to close the zones positionally, that of course doesnt break the cycling but nothing create from the cycling against his protection.
But again - with his iq and positional vision if he will add speed, he will make his game drammatically better, but he should add speed. Without it he will become more complimentary offensive piece than true drive force or\and good 200 foot player. But I have some faith in Lenni because a) he was really much more worser skater previous season, and he is doing it better now b) he mentioned buy himself that he is focusing on it c) Devils have multiple examples of players who developed skating. Bratt was very good skater but now he is on the other level. Holtz is working with his coach and he is looking like absolutely another player now and its not about experience only - its about his skating, back checking, pressure and puckbattles. Holtz wasnt as bad as Lenni year ago as skater, but he wasnt on average level for NHL. Now he is better. I see Lenni as a better hockey mind and positional player so I see an opportunity for him to develop in Devils organisation into the real NHL player.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Okay, Alanen is a god. Everything he says is correct and every opinion I have is false or wrong. You are actually right, everything is black or white.

Thank you.
No, but it’s nice to have some data to look at. I haven’t had a chance to watch every game, but I’ve seen parts of a few and he’s looked very solid. He’s not a flashy player but has great details so a lot of his value won’t be readily apparent but will show up in the underlying numbers.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I saw all of the games of finns, but not full. somewhere 60-75% of overall playing time. Sorry, but I will not write specific codes. Still have some time for boards, but in this case I didnt make records or writes. Im little but busy. Sorry if its not enough for you, I can understand it.

Overall I like his positional game, his takeaway job and his puck work. He wasnt as agressive and close in forecheck but he is working to close the zones positionally, that of course doesnt break the cycling but nothing create from the cycling against his protection.
But again - with his iq and positional vision if he will add speed, he will make his game drammatically better, but he should add speed. Without it he will become more complimentary offensive piece than true drive force or\and good 200 foot player. But I have some faith in Lenni because a) he was really much more worser skater previous season, and he is doing it better now b) he mentioned buy himself that he is focusing on it c) Devils have multiple examples of players who developed skating. Bratt was very good skater but now he is on the other level. Holtz is working with his coach and he is looking like absolutely another player now and its not about experience only - its about his skating, back checking, pressure and puckbattles. Holtz wasnt as bad as Lenni year ago as skater, but he wasnt on average level for NHL. Now he is better. I see Lenni as a better hockey mind and positional player so I see an opportunity for him to develop in Devils organisation into the real NHL player.
Thank you. Greatest post in here, something with big value. I agree about his strengths and weaknesses. And I really hope you are right and I like your optimism and hope he can develop his speed to keep up in the NHL.
Also, I apologize for my attitude towards you specifically. Even if I' m not as convinced regarding some things, you've still clearly studied his weaknesses as much as his strengths and seem to understand that he could have a long way still. Not only based on some of his more weaker performances in this tournament but also the fact that Liiga is a completely different league.

Thing is, I don't hesitate or question his attitude for one bit. He's been very serious with his career so far, his family moved for their sons eventual hockey careers If I remember correctly. But I get the impression he lacks "more" than speed, add intensity and that stop and go that he will need later on. A lot of Finnish talents lack in this. He reminds me a bit of Aatu Räty and Pulju in that way (only that way), but still. You just can't half ass glide around in the NHL. Speed yes, but explosiveness especially is something he needs to work on. I will gladly be wrong and first to admit it. But I just want to clear out that i haven't questioned his attitude, determination nor talent. I just don't know if he has "it" in him and a lot of Finnish prospects have failed quite badly these later years, more than they've succeeded at least. And I'd just hate or dislike if everyone get's a bit too hyped than his actual level shows or will show later on. But hey, it's not up for me to decide and I hope I'm wrong later on.
Also, I get a bit of that Kakko impression of him, quiet and mellow kid. Not necessarily bad in life in general, but I hope the Devils organization helps him getting comfortable and so on. They already have a lot of prospects so it won't be that easy for him.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Had a good comeback game in a new line after being out with an illness for a week. Was apart of a good amount of the offense and registered an assist in a tough 2-1 win vs the local rival, drew three penalties, and was the 2nd star of the game.

With the four assists in four games after the WJC he has matched the 21 points he had in 51 games last season in 30 matches. This while the team is 2nd to last in GF avg. and PP (Hämeenaho having 3pp points, had 9 last season).

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Was selected the 1st star today with his whole line having a solid performance in a do-or-die game.

(now 2ppg & 2 ppa)

Most of the team, including Lenni, struggling quite a bit especially as of late. Regardless has found ways to be effective enough with all his skill to gather 30 points in 43 games, which is 2nd on the team behind linemate Järvinen (32p).

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Still very very raw. Has some nice qualities, but seems to lack the nerves to use them correctly. Jumped out of the gates for the season, had really really good start and seemed like on his way to become a star player in the league. But faded away as quickly. So, the tools are there but its still a project on learning how to use them to benefit his team.

Good hands and quick release on tight spaces (quick, dont think its that hard or accurate though). Has a knack on scoring goals. Pretty good challenging the D to 1v1. Used to look for those tight spaces and challening D more, but this is something I think havent been there for few months now. Propably just a mind set, as the team is struggling so is he struggling with the team. Taking a lot of pressure over being a guy who they look to depend for goals. Seems to be forcing it a lot.

Has pretty good hockey "sense", knows to be at the right place at the right time. Finds those spots. But for some reason I dont think this relates to having a high "hockey IQ" with him. Does a lot of pretty silly stuff that kills offence, turns around the pucks, gives some bad passes (both quality and when to). A lot of small stuff not adding up. Propably because again, forcing it a lot. Especially on PP, shoots way too often and way too perimeter, from spots and angles that are not good. Mainly to first blocker, ending the puck being cleared out. This has been a problem for Assat, their PP is really struggling and Lenni isnt helping it, imo.

Needs a lot of confidence to catch fire again. Two goals against weak SaiPa was a start. Also needs a good playmaker who can find use for Lenni's skill to find the right place at the right time. Assat had their best playmaking C miss roughly 20 games this season and it was clearly visible for Hameenaho's performance and conficdence aswell. Has been a lot better again since Jarvinen returned.

In overall, propably isnt a guy who makes his linemates better, but paired with the right guys can be efficient thread on his own. Still long way to reaching his upside, and we'll see if he ever gets there. Id send him to AHL for next season to learn the smaller rink and play against and with better competition. It could do good for him. I actually also think his skillset is more suited for North American rink and transition hockey, than the big ice and trap-trap-trap systems we have in Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad