RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Scored 2 powerplay goals today, now has 18goals 31points in 24 games.

He leads his team in goals and overall scoring, has played like 7 games less than the rest.

IMO Kakko is atleast a lock to be a top 10 pick if he keeps this up.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Scored 2 powerplay goals today, now has 18goals 31points in 24 games.

He leads his team in goals and overall scoring, has played like 7 games less than the rest.

IMO Kakko is atleast a lock to be a top 10 pick if he keeps this up.

Yeah, he really passes the eye test with his mature and skilled game in U20. Even his skating seems strong although his top speed isn't elite. Kind of reminds you of Matthews how he skates, uses the short stick to excel in tight spaces. He is a workhorse who works hard in both ends of the ice.

I would bet on this guy making it big ala Aho, Heiskanen, Laine, Pulju, Tolvanen etc.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016

Yeah, he really passes the eye test with his mature and skilled game in U20. Even his skating seems strong although his top speed isn't elite. Kind of reminds you of Matthews how he skates, uses the short stick to excel in tight spaces. He is a workhorse who works hard in both ends of the ice.

I would bet on this guy making it big ala Aho, Heiskanen, Laine, Pulju, Tolvanen etc.

Yes I see young Matthews there. Good comparison. Very Mature game and great goalscorer. Not bad playmaker at all.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He is a winger.

Has he ever played center? Based on what I've seen of him, Kakko could thrive with all the extra space around him no matter if he had more two-way responsibilities. His stick-handling, skating and poise are the first things that caught your eye but he seems to be able to distribute the puck as well. The kid has height and size so those will never cause any worry. Considering the tools and physical traits, he looks like an ideal middle man and since the country has so many great wingers on the way, it's almost a pity having to add one more on the list.

Anyway, it's too bad he has no chance of cracking FEL this season without injuries. When you see someone skating as well as Kakko and actually having some size, you can't but think he might already be ready to contribute at the higher level. Really difficult not to get excited about him. Could easily turn out one of the top players in his draft year (if he isn't already).

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Has he ever played center?
I went to look if he has ever played center and yes, he has, but not so much. Last year at least one game with B-juniors. But mostly he has been a winger, even in C-jr playoffs. So yeah, he is a winger. But I don't know if he could play center some day like Sebastian Aho.

I am also very excited about Kakko. I think he is a top-5 pick already for next years draft.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
3rd line, but Pikkarainen is a good finisher if Kakko can get the puck to him. Very excited about toninght, hopefully he plays well.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Great news. Will be interesting to see him play against men. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he has a solid game and actually stands out. He is on another level in U20 from what I've watched and doesn't seem to get pushed around despite being the youngest player of his team.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Fantastic! I've been waiting for this for who knows how long. Not a chance I'm missing out on the game. Only 16 years old and gets to play in one the better stacked teams in the league. Quite an achievement alone. He will stick too, book it!

Reactions: 4th Line Beast

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Fantastic! I've been waiting for this for who knows how long. Not a chance I'm missing out on the game. Only 16 years old and gets to play in one the better stacked teams in the league. Quite an achievement alone. He will stick too, book it!
I always hope for the best for these youngsters and would love to see him stick, but I just can't make myself believe it. I think he can't skate fast enough to play with his strengths in Liiga yet.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I always hope for the best for these youngsters and would love to see him stick, but I just can't make myself believe it. I think he can't skate fast enough to play with his strengths in Liiga yet.
You don't really need to skate in Liiga~

He's more than talented enough to stick in the league right away in my opinion.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I think Kakko is fast enough to keep up with the pace. Although his top speed isn't elite, he has quite strong first steps which helps him to get in places.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I think Kakko is fast enough to keep up with the pace. Although his top speed isn't elite, he has quite strong first steps which helps him to get in places.
I hope I'm wrong. Would be nice to see him succeed, but a 16-year old Liiga regular is a rarity. The odds are stacked against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad