RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I myself am a type 1 diabetic and everything you said is of course true, but other than perhaps a flu being prolonged or getting more sinus infections than the average person etc, at Kakko's age a healthy diet and good blood sugar control should be enough to ensure that it won't have any on-ice impact to his game. Now of course anything is possible, but at this point it is and should be a non-issue
Yeah I think if he were to ever become sick and it was directly caused by his diabetes.... it probably would end up a very very bad situation. As thats the jist I got from my friends over the years when they were all athletes - its not too hard to keep in check but if it ever flares up to a boiling point you may be in trouble

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I have started with the highlight WC video of Kakko now and seriously, I am trying to not make it to long.. But already after 4 games it is like 5-6 min long... After the wc is over Ill probably delete some of the stuff to replace with other highlights thoe its still insane.

Just please don't have loud music over the commentary. I like hearing the commentators excitement.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
The Sedins twins were in the same situation, but the nhl ready person was chosen? Know his name ? Bet not , lol, meanwhile the younger , less ready twins drafted lower

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Sorry, but lets not just throw random numbers from the top of our heads. Pettersson plays with a flex 85, which is explained in the video through this link.

What Stick Does Elias Pettersson Use?

Absolutely nothing against you personally fr9dd9. You are a good poster here. I enjoy reading your posts, although might not always agree with all of them. But many times I even agree with you.

Haha, yeah sorry. I should not write everything that comes to mind, but I think he played with that before but yeah Im not up to date regarding Pettersson at all. Hehe

Reactions: Ippenator

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Just please don't have loud music over the commentary. I like hearing the commentators excitement.

Yeah, I know, I like it alot to.. But the swedish commentarys are boring.. And I cant get my hands on for example finnish commentary, they are awesome.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Sedins twins were in the same situation, but the nhl ready person was chosen? Know his name ? Bet not , lol, meanwhile the younger , less ready twins drafted lower

That one isn't really comparable. Burke made a deal with Atlanta to take Stefan with the first overall pick so he could have both of the twins.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Yeah, I know, I like it alot to.. But the swedish commentarys are boring.. And I cant get my hands on for example finnish commentary, they are awesome.

Sweden swedish or Finlandssvenska? The commentators here in Sweden are alright but definitely not as fun to hear as the ones in Finnish.

Reactions: fr9dd9

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Tobad it looks like there will be no highlights with kakko this game, I rather have him playing a mediocre game in this one of all games thoe.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kakko has like 5-10 giveaways this game. Not a good performance. Worst game i’ve seen him playing.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Kakko has like 5-10 giveaways this game. Not a good performance. Worst game i’ve seen him playing.
Lol, it was his worst game of the tournament but that giveaway count is ways off. He did have his chances and I'd like to see him succeed with the wristers. I kinda hoped he'd take this game seriously but...lol. He did not. Naive of me.

Reactions: Koijari

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Lol, it was his worst game of the tournament but that giveaway count is ways off. He did have his chances and I'd like to see him succeed with the wristers. I kinda hoped he'd take this game seriously but...lol. He did not. Naive of me.

Ofc he took it seriously, but he probably had the wrong mindset going in to the game, thought it would be easy or smth. You could tell he wanted to score just got shot down, and he was not prepared for that really. Youre mindset going in for a game is super important.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Ofc he took it seriously, but he probably had the wrong mindset going in to the game, thought it would be easy or smth. You could tell he wanted to score just got shot down, and he was not prepared for that really. You mindset going in for a game is super important.
No one on this team took this game seriously. This is team Finland. This is how they play against these small countries. They were just hunting goals for the guys who had none. Hell, the Danes beat Brits 9-0.

Reactions: Jussi and Koijari

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
So the kid got a bit carried away thinking that the game was going to be a cake walk, big deal.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
No one on this team took this game seriously. This is team Finland. This is how they play against these small countries. They were just hunting goals for the guys who had none. Hell, the Danes beat Brits 9-0.

If you had the chanse to break the u18 scoring record in the wc would you not try your best against a country that you feel you should score against maybe even couple of goals? Theres just no way in hell kakko didnt try hes best. He just thought it was going to be alot easier and didnt prepare himself in the same way as for example the tougher countries.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Ofc he took it seriously, but he probably had the wrong mindset going in to the game, thought it would be easy or smth. You could tell he wanted to score just got shot down, and he was not prepared for that really. You mindset going in for a game is super important.
He played very selfishly today and was trying to do everything by himself. Not getting his teammates much at all involved in the plays. Exactly what his play can be at worst. That’s simply how you can’t play hockey against especially a very passive but tight defence that GB was playing.

A quite disappointing game from Kakko, but I was warning earlier already that there are no such things as easy games in advance for any goal and point scoring in this tournament. You need to first play the games on the ice and do it in the right way to get on the scoreboard in any games at the WHC level. When will some people here learn it really? I mean someone was practically promising that he will score at least a couple of goals exactly against GB. Team sports just don’t work like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad