RW Jordan Dumais - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2022, 96th, CBJ)

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
I hear you but, i disagree with your opinion

If he goes back to Halifax, id doesn't help him, does nothing good to him
for his career.

Moose are not going any far in the play-offs, not how they are currently playing
adding Dumais would help their scoring but after they traded for Reynolds,,
they haven't been themselves, maybe his arrival has messed up the all around
chemistry, feel of the team, what is fact is, their d and Rousseau been swiss cheese

From Rousseau's last 8 starts in 5 of them, 23 goals against, been pulled 3 times
4.60 gaa / .860 sv%

What comes to the gap between AHL and QMJHL, sure, but do you have any idea
how good player Jordan Dumais is?

Logan Stankoven has a pace for almost 50 goals and 100 points in his rookie season in the AHL
Dumais > Stankoven

can't find minutes from Monsters roster?... yeah i think he'd be playing 1st line 1st PP unit
minutes in the AHL
Dumais better than Stankoven? You sure about that?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
He turns 20 in about a month, still hasn't played a single game in the Q since his injury.
i think, when he turns 20, he plays either in the NHL, or AHL.
Again, that's not how that works.

He cannot play pro at all until Halifax is out because he was sent back (other than 48 hour emergency nhl call up).

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He can still be an emergency callup to the NHL but that’s extremely rare. I can only recall it happening when Sven Baertchi was recalled from the Dub to Calgary years ago.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He can still be an emergency callup to the NHL but that’s extremely rare. I can only recall it happening when Sven Baertchi was recalled from the Dub to Calgary years ago.
Happens now and then, usually only when the player is located very close to the parent team. Kadri was called up for the Leafs 15 years years ago from London.

There is zero chance Dumais is getting an emergency callup.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Happens now and then, usually only when the player is located very close to the parent team. Kadri was called up for the Leafs 15 years years ago from London.

There is zero chance Dumais is getting an emergency callup.
No, I realize. Just stating the (extremely remote) possibility.

Reactions: BondraTime

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Teams should have 1 spot where they can put someone in the A and maybe give thar junior team a small compensatory cash for it.

Dumais is that type.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
How does this affect him going forward, though? I know Canada is extremely strict about crossing the border with a DUI on your record (as in... you can't). His rights are owned by a US-based team, and he was likely to be with a US-based AHL affiliate next fall. Whether he's with Columbus or Cleveland, that still means crossing borders both ways.

I'm sure Portzline is working on something, but I'm concerned.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
How does this affect him going forward, though? I know Canada is extremely strict about crossing the border with a DUI on your record (as in... you can't). His rights are owned by a US-based team, and he was likely to be with a US-based AHL affiliate next fall. Whether he's with Columbus or Cleveland, that still means crossing borders both ways.

My parents' friend got a DUI 15 years ago and got a pardon but still can't enter the US. He was turned over at the border last year.

But he's not a pro hockey player so we'll see.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Hes not the first Canadian NHLer/prospect to get a DUI and he surely wont be the last. Like ROR had one a few years ago.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Hes not the first Canadian NHLer/prospect to get a DUI and he surely wont be the last. Like ROR had one a few years ago.
ROR was acquitted and had his case dismissed. Very possible with good representation that it will happen in this case as well, there's no way to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad