Value of: RW- Joona Ikonen, Ilves Tampere (Liiga)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Easy to confuse with Pelicans' forward Joni Ikonen (a 2nd round pick by Montreal in 2017), Joona Ikonen scored a career-high 23 goals in 54 games for Ilves this past season.

Never drafted, he turned 24 in May.

He has never represented Finland internationally but his contract recently ended. Is he worth considering as an unrestricted free agent?

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
With the cap crunch the way it is for so many teams, I'd be surprised if someone like him doesn't at least get some offers.

A 24 year old winger with a bit of potential on an ELC is very enticing to cap-strapped teams.

Dallas has added a few of these guys recently, and we have almost 20 contracts expiring this offseason. I could see Nill being interested, amongst others.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
With the cap crunch the way it is for so many teams, I'd be surprised if someone like him doesn't at least get some offers.

A 24 year old winger with a bit of potential on an ELC is very enticing to cap-strapped teams.

Dallas has added a few of these guys recently, and we have almost 20 contracts expiring this offseason. I could see Nill being interested, amongst others.
Would be a good pick up. He has the potential to be a Jere Lehtinen -lite

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad