RW Jesse Puljujärvi - Kärpät, Liiga (2016 Draft) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Beauty shot, his skating down the flanks has also been insane this game. While I prefer to be top 2, he's a hell of a prize and would be perfect for Babs. Hard working, elite skating and great shot and vision. He just needs to refine it. Has a ceiling similar to Laine and Matthews, its just going to be a bit harder to get out.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
First period i've seen from him in this tourny.

He's literally coasting, i haven't seen him take a hard stride even once :laugh:

Nice goal.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Beauty shot, his skating down the flanks has also been insane this game. While I prefer to be top 2, he's a hell of a prize and would be perfect for Babs. Hard working, elite skating and great shot and vision. He just needs to refine it. Has a ceiling similar to Laine and Matthews, its just going to be a bit harder to get out.

Yup, he looks like he can be developed into a complete winger at the next level. Someone who hounds the puck relentlessly for his linemates, and he's one of the best in this draft in making plays as a playmaker. His shot, or his goal scoring instincts, has been underrated here.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Yup, he looks like he can be developed into a complete winger at the next level. Someone who hounds the puck relentlessly for his linemates, and he's one of the best in this draft in making plays as a playmaker. His shot, or his goal scoring instincts, has been underrated here.

It's been said so many times here over an year or so, difficult to find player for comparison. Pulju has so much tools he can literally become new kind of complete player (if everything goes right for him).

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Projected to be like Wheeler, expected to look like Bure :facepalm:

Bure wouldn't do much in 2020 era NHL..

That's like saying McDavid won't do much in the 2020 era NHL, considering how similar their styles are. Bure would be great in this or any era. Despite all the complaints there is drastically less obstruction today than there was when Bure played. Goaltending is a lot tougher now but Bure could shoot it, not just dangle into the net. He was a legend, one of the most dynamic players to ever lace 'em up. I agree that it doesn't make much sense to bring up Bure with Laine. There are no similarities there at all.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Projected to be like Wheeler, expected to look like Bure :facepalm:

Bure wouldn't do much in 2020 era NHL..

Yea Bure would just hate an era that doesn't allow defenders to hold, clutch, grab, use the stick to hook you......or really even touch you. That would suck for one of the most explosive skaters in the history of the game.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
That's like saying McDavid won't do much in the 2020 era NHL, considering how similar their styles are. Bure would be great in this or any era. Despite all the complaints there is drastically less obstruction today than there was when Bure played. Goaltending is a lot tougher now but Bure could shoot it, not just dangle into the net. He was a legend, one of the most dynamic players to ever lace 'em up. I agree that it doesn't make much sense to bring up Bure with Laine. There are no similarities there at all.

Think Yakupov or Drouin instead, McDavid is much more complete (besides he hasn't done much either yet). Nowadays GM 's prefer skilled power forwards for a reason.

Mudd

Mar 31, 2009
Everytime i see him play he mishandles the puck a lot, whats up with that?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Jesse looks pretty good today. He seems calm and composed which seems to rub off on other players too. However it feels like he's holding back a bit. He isn't overly aggressive, looking more to pass than shoot.

The overall compete level in these games seem to be low.

But the puck seems to find Pulju.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Everytime i see him play he mishandles the puck a lot, whats up with that?

A lot of people say it's due to a recent growth spurt, however, he was the same height at the 2015 WJC where he still displayed pretty good hands. Maybe he just put on a lot of mass recently though and needs to adjust to feeling bulkier.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Think Yakupov or Drouin instead, McDavid is much more complete (besides he hasn't done much either yet). Nowadays GM 's prefer skilled power forwards for a reason.

are we talking about Valarie Bure here? Pavel would be a lot closer to McDavid than Yakupov and this comes from an Oilers fan who saw plenty of Bure live.

Had the guy stayed healthy he would we up there with guys like Ovechkin in goals.

Comparing him to Yakupov and Drouin is just not right.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
A lot of people say it's due to a recent growth spurt, however, he was the same height at the 2015 WJC where he still displayed pretty good hands. Maybe he just put on a lot of mass recently though and needs to adjust to feeling bulkier.

Is it not possible that his current listed heights is not updated? I think that's more likely

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is Hossa a good comparable?

I'd say Hossa is not a bad one.
Wheeler/Hossa.

He is a lot bigger this year than he was last year, and he is 6'4 so it can take some time to get his puck handling under control, and overall his puck handling has been better today than it was last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad