Prospect Info: Rw Gavin Hayes 3rd 66ov (Flint) Ohl

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Though Hayes’ numbers don’t pop off the page, he’s got some offensive upside due to his playing style. A big part of his offensive game is that he’s a strong forechecker who isn’t afraid to create havoc behind the net, as well as in front of the net. In addition to his work on the forecheck, he has an impressive shot, which will only get better as he adds more strength to his frame. When given time and space, he can wire the puck:

@dylan_krill

Gavin Hayes (@FlintFirebirds #92) is heating up folks🔥 After finally seeing his time on ice increase from averaging 8-12 to 14-20 minutes, he has 6 points in his last 3 games Expect to see his name rise draft rankings as he’s now getting the opportunities that he deserves #OHL https://t.co/wuSpIXySqf

6:02 AM · Nov 30, 2021

Hayes is also a good skater who isn’t afraid to start the attack on the rush. He might not be a play-driving winger in the NHL, but he shouldn’t be a drag on his linemates because he can’t play off the rush. It’s the best of both worlds with him; he can play off the rush, but he’s also a capable forechecker.

Another positive about Hayes is most of his goal scoring came at even strength. Of his 19 regular-season tallies, 16 of them came at even strength. Twenty-four of his 32 even-strength points were also primary points, which is usually a good indicator of future scoring. With further development and a more prominent role for the Firebirds next season, he could be in line for a relatively big jump in his counting totals.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Can't believe I just noticed Hayes played and scored more points (albeit more games) as a 17 year old than Musto's boy... 20 year old Ethan Keppen.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Can't believe I just noticed Hayes played and scored more points (albeit more games) as a 17 year old than Musto's boy... 20 year old Ethan Keppen.
Keppen played at a ppg clip. He would have eclipsed Hayes if he played as many games.

And Vancouver stunted Keppen's development with their shitty AHL team.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Same amount of points in the playoffs (both tied for 4th on the team) Anyway you slice it, it's pretty impressive by an underager.
Sure.

I haven't watched Hayes play but for a third liner, I think his point totals look respectable.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But when the 3rd goal of a hatty is an en goal,is it really a hatty (because you only beat a goalie 2 times not 3)?

Am I correct or mistaken that his first hatty this month also ended with an en goal?

Hey ...not complaining...just pointing out that if he had beaten goalies 3 tines iin a game it would have been even more impressive.

However he also got an assist...so 4 point night is really good...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
But when the 3rd goal of a hatty is an en goal,is it really a hatty (because you only beat a goalie 2 times not 3)?

Am I correct or mistaken that his first hatty this month also ended with an en goal?

Hey ...not complaining...just pointing out that if he had beaten goalies 3 tines iin a game it would have been even more impressive.

Still counts

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Still counts.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Through 19 games, Gavin Hayes is a +17 for the Flint Firebirds.

Also through 19 games, the Flint Firebirds have a -12 goal differential on the season. It would be great if he'd get traded to a team like Peterborough, London or Kitchener that can make a run at it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Through 19 games, Gavin Hayes is a +17 for the Flint Firebirds.

Also through 19 games, the Flint Firebirds have a -12 goal differential on the season. It would be great if he'd get traded to a team like Peterborough, London or Kitchener that can make a run at it.
Prefer him going to Peterborough. Kitchener is loaded obviously but almost too loaded if he went there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad