RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
Good for Evgeny

He said he wanted to stay in Russia to help qualify for the Olympics. Got hurt and didn't make the team.
Now he has a chance to come across the pond and play in the NHL.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Won't expect too much from him in the points department for the remainder of this season. It will be good experience so he knows what to work on in the summer, and prepare for in the offseason.

I think he'll put up some points. 18 games left and he'll be avilable for 17 of those. I'm thinking 10-12 points, but we'll see.. I look forward to watching his first game.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I think he'll put up some points. 18 games left and he'll be avilable for 17 of those. I'm thinking 10-12 points, but we'll see.. I look forward to watching his first game.

All depends on whether or not he is used on the power play, which I hope he is. They would be smart to go Orl Ovy on the points and Backstrom, Kuz and Johanson or Grabo down low. That would give them 3 legitimate shooting options and 3 playmakers (Kuz is used at both). That would stop teams from cheating on OV at the point.

unstoppable, the points will pile up for all of those guys if they try that.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
All depends on whether or not he is used on the power play, which I hope he is. They would be smart to go Orl Ovy on the points and Backstrom, Kuz and Johanson or Grabo down low. That would give them 3 legitimate shooting options and 3 playmakers (Kuz is used at both). That would stop teams from cheating on OV at the point.

unstoppable, the points will pile up for all of those guys if they try that.

Knowing Oates, the PP will probably stay the same with OV in his normal spot, Carlson/Green at the point, Backstrom on the wall, Johansson down low and Brouwer in front. I could see him maybe taking Johansson's spot, but I wouldn't count on it.

Stizz09

Jul 13, 2012
Question about Kuznetsov

I know Kuznetsov signed his ELC over the weekend... 2 yrs at around 900k. What I was wondering is if these 20 or so odd games left will burn a year off his ELC, thus making him a RFA at the end of next season in the summer of 2015.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I know Kuznetsov signed his ELC over the weekend... 2 yrs at around 900k. What I was wondering is if these 20 or so odd games left will burn a year off his ELC, thus making him a RFA at the end of next season in the summer of 2015.

Yes this will burn off a year.

JustinW

Dec 14, 2006
Yes if Kuznetsov plays atleast 10 games he will burn off one year from his ELC

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
It seems like a waste to have him this year, he signed his ELC and you have him at a cheaper caphit for an extra year.

Stizz09

Jul 13, 2012
yeah complete waste, but then again I guess if hes just overmatched with the NHL (not saying he will be), or really doesn't gel with the coaching staff or whatever, its 1 and done and back to the KHL free and clear. it really gives Kuza a lot of leverage. pretty much a 1 yr deal and some change

Stizz09

Jul 13, 2012
Or... if you try to low ball Kuz with this ELC thing, he might find it benefitial to stay in Russia.

cant really lowball an ELC... most guys that come over as European Imports pretty much get the same contract. He knew that coming over he wouldn't be making the same kind of money as he did in the K. An ELC is unavoidable. its in the CBA and its capped to top out at no more than 900k with opportunities for "incentive bonuses"

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
It seems like a waste to have him this year, he signed his ELC and you have him at a cheaper caphit for an extra year.
I suspect it was part of his contract negotiations. He could make more in the KHL, but by burning a year this season, he only really has to play one year on his entry level contract and can then negotiate a bigger money deal.

Probably not the Caps idea.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
cant really lowball an ELC... most guys that come over as European Imports pretty much get the same contract. He knew that coming over he wouldn't be making the same kind of money as he did in the K. An ELC is unavoidable. its in the CBA and its capped to top out at no more than 900k with opportunities for "incentive bonuses"

You can lowball if the player wants to burn a year's contract in 20 games and you try to make him play 2 full seasons on the contract.

tohaa

Apr 23, 2012
To each their own. I personally think he's got some ways to go to catch up with Hall and Seguin, even Skinner and Fowler.
From his KHL performances, I'd say he's nowhere close to any of those names. His game today wasn't horrible, but he did stand out a little bit as the clueless guy. Who knows, he might be better than Seguin and Hall put together, or he might only last 10-12 NHL games. I don't think I'd be surprised either way.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Caps fans, how did he look in his first game? Only 10 minutes of ice time I see, did he get any pp minutes at least?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Yes if Kuznetsov plays atleast 10 games he will burn off one year from his ELC

The Caps are idiots if they let this happen unless they win 9 straight games starting tomorrow(0r conversely, get 16 points in 9 games, which would be tolerable).Burn a year of eligibility for what, otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad