RW Eeli Tolvanen Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2017, 30th, NSH) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Says the swede who comes to take digs on Tolvanen here, priceless.

Crawl back to which ever hole you came from.
Yeah I was taking shots at the guy/guys that thought that Tolvanen would "take the Preds on his back and get them a Stanley Cup", not the player (Tolvanens not here, right?).

Oh, your one of those guys that looks at flags, borders - and I guess you look at other things as well, dont you, when you try to have a converation with someone.

"Arrrrh, f*** you , dumb swede, perkeleeeee!". Priceless indeed.

Reactions: Bearr

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Yeah I was taking shots at the guy/guys that thought that Tolvanen would "take the Preds on his back and get them a Stanley Cup", not the player (Tolvanens not here, right?).

Oh, your one of those guys that looks at flags, borders - and I guess you look at other things as well, dont you, when you try to have a converation with someone.

"Arrrrh, f*** you , dumb swede, perkeleeeee!". Priceless indeed.
Quote those "guys" who said that, please. I think you are unable to do that, spewing bullshit is not uncommon in this place.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Quote those "guys" who said that, please. I think you are unable to do that, spewing bull**** is not uncommon in this place.
Yep. I don’t think anyone claimed that Eeli would right away be carrying the Preds this season. The talks about his talent have been here about what he can be in the future. But mostly people have been thinking that it will take two or three years for him to become a real star player in the NHL. The absolutely great talent is there. But he is still very young and physically raw.

He is obviously still lacking too much in strength and stamina to be yet really successful in the NHL. Especially after the long and tough season that he had in Europe that obviously took it’s toll, as he was obviously tired and not the same player at the end of the season that he was during the first half of the season.

Having a good off season might already help him have a good start for his NHL career next season, but he has still a lot more to do physically, and it will most likely take him two or three years of hard off season training for him to become really efficient in the NHL. But if and when that happens, I strongly believe that he will become a real superstar in the NHL.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Quote those "guys" who said that, please. I think you are unable to do that, spewing bull**** is not uncommon in this place.
Yeah, if you think that people just like to make up stuff, thats your way of looking at thing.

In case you missed it, I’ve already said in a previous post that I posted here since I cant find the original thread, since I figured the guys that made that claim would hang around here as well. Also, Ive already said that Ive shouldnt brought it up here, so I blame the last few postt on that super defensive finn - and you :)

Edit: actually found it! Had another thread-name, though: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/enter-eeli-tolvanen.2471245/

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Yeah, if you think that people just like to make up stuff, thats your way of looking at thing.

In case you missed it, I’ve already said in a previous post that I posted here since I cant find the original thread, since I figured the guys that made that claim would hang around here as well. Also, Ive already said that Ive shouldnt brought it up here, so I blame the last few postt on that super defensive finn - and you :)

Edit: actually found it! Had another thread-name, though: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/enter-eeli-tolvanen.2471245/
That OP is as serious as your dumb comments on this thread. I hope.

But grats, you really showed us. One user made a thread with a trollish OP, which obviously means that the entire nation of Finland & all the Nashville fans were expecting Tolvanen to carry them to the Stanley Cup.

You're so smart.

Reactions: Ippenator

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
That OP is as serious as your dumb comments on this thread. I hope.

But grats, you really showed us. One user made a thread with a trollish OP, which obviously means that the entire nation of Finland & all the Nashville fans were expecting Tolvanen to carry them to the Stanley Cup.

You're so smart.
Well, youre not that smart.
Why would I wanna ”show” finnish fans that Eeli got a bit overhyped, at least for this season? Two of my favorite players are Laine and Barkov, I was poking at people who overhypes prospects, just like I do to Nucks fans in the EP-thread.

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Well, youre not that smart.
Why would I wanna ”show” finnish fans that Eeli got a bit overhyped, at least for this season? Two of my favorite players are Laine and Barkov, I was poking at people who overhypes prospects, just like I do to Nucks fans in the EP-thread.

Some posters here are just hella weird. You say one slightly negative sounding comment on their current fav prospect and they be like hyeenas on you.

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
You haven't still quoted anyone claiming that he will carry the Preds to the cup. And btw you used a plural to suggest there was more than one, so one OP baiting people in mainboards doesn't count.

lol doesn't count.

Why are you so touchy about this? This is serious question because I'm very honest when I say I wasn't bothered by the Swedes comment at all.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
lol doesn't count.

Why are you so touchy about this? This is serious question because I'm very honest when I say I wasn't bothered by the Swedes comment at all.
Of course you aren’t, as you were yourself taking part in those false claims about Finns generally overhyping Tolvanen.

People who rightfully think that the truth was completely bent here just corrected the false claims. Nothing touchy about that. Just people reacting how people react when they see something done in an unfair way. You getting upset of that is touchy though. Wonder what your motives really are?

Reactions: Hockeyisl1fe

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Of course you aren’t, as you were yourself taking part in those false claims about Finns generally overhyping Tolvanen.

People who rightfully think that the truth was completely bent here just corrected the false claims. Nothing touchy about that. Just people reacting how people react when they see something done in an unfair way. You getting upset of that is touchy though. Wonder what your motives really are?

Well honestly I felt that there is a lot of truth in that claim that lot of Finnish posters tend to go overhype-gear pretty easily. You yourself being one prime example of that. You seem to be pretty passionate about hockey, which is good I guess. Only passion tends to cloud reason.

Of course not only Finns are guilty of hype-crime, all the more reason to not to be in denial about this.

Anyway, we have not seen the last of Tolvanen I'm sure, so it might be in few years we can say that the early hype was well deserved.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
lol doesn't count.

Because I don't like claims that are bullshit? This also applies irl. I don't mind posters criticizing and saying for example "he is not that good as he was advertised for reasons x and y", that's a good starter for a conversation... but ffs can people stop generalizing others every damn time here?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not for anything, but more than the poster on here, the hockey media fueled the Tolvanen hype. Headlines such as, "The Powerful Predators To Get Even Stronger With Scoring Sensation Tolvanen" type of crap were all over the place. I mean, Tolvanen did some great things in the KHL, and the media ran with it on hyperdrive.

You were hyping Tolvanen as much as anyone.

Many of you got all bent out of shape when I said Hextall showed no vision by taking Patrick at 2 and passing on the better potential in Mittlestadt... then in the SAME draft, traded Schenn (which was silly to begin with) for a 1st rounder, then PASSED on Tolvanen.

I had a lot of faith in Hextall after the Sanheim and Provorov picks, then trading up for Konecny. I hated the Patrick pick from the start and couldn't believe my eyes when he passed on Tolvanen for Frost lol.

In 2-3 years, we're all going to watch Mittlestadt and Tolvanen start to emerge as world class talents - perfectly suited for today's game - and we're going to be irate when Patrick is a Jordan Staal clone, who averages about 68-72 games a year.

You're kidding on Frost right? Tolvenen had some of the best pure hands in the entire draft and is putting the KHL through the shredder - on par with, or eclipsing what Tarasenko, Kucherov, Kuznetsov did at the same point. He's breaking games open himself. Same with Mittlestadt, who in the summer, a coach was quoted as saying, "I've never in my life seen an American HS kid toy with Canadian Junior kids like this..."

Hextall's "thinking" has puzzled me a lot lately to be honest.

Reactions: Tripod

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Why he shouldn’t be hyped? He had a magnificent season in the world’s second best adult hockey league as an 18 year old. He might not be ready for the NHL right now, especially after the long season that he already had, but still no reason to start saying that he is not worth of hyping, if the hype is still about the great potential that he has, especially when he becomes stronger and better conditioned. I definitely believe that he will be a real NHL star latest in three years, and most probably he will be showing his talent well already next season.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Right. And I would still take him 10x out of 10 over Frost. The same way I would take Mittelstadt over Patrick. Man, I've been a Flyers fan since the 70's and you could be the biggest kool-aid drinker I've ever seen when it comes to them lol. I've watched the Flyers long enough to know their front office and philosophy flaws. I've seen them make mistake after mistake after mistake. Meanwhile, I thought Sam Morin was supposed to be Rob Blake by now? According to you he was "untouchable." He might be a big contributor when he's 28 years old.

Some fans just think their team can do no wrong, no matter what. You, my friend, fall into that category. Stepford?

Let me guess, Gudas is great and Elliott was an awesome signing by Hextall lol.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Goal and assist vs Canada. His flight from Nashville landed 6 hours before the game. He also had not played since April 6th.

I guess it could have gone worse.

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad