Rumor: Russo: Wild are looking for top 6 help

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
As I said -- I'm not sure of Mitts' value......and I'm not sure how the Wild fanbase views some of their prospects.

Making it easy -- Mitts is easily a 3rd line center right now with the capability of being a solid #2C.

What's the equivalent in the Wild system? Preferably a D.
Mitts has turned into a good defensive center, with a great release, vision and IQ. Add in he Is playing physical and has added foot speed, I'm going to get him wingers and let him explode in a hybrid offense/defense third line.

They can have Olofsson, he provides what they need and it really would be a win win trade.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Minnesota isn't trading dumba or especially 1st round pick for rental

Should have been more clear. The whole he's young, Minnesota wants a top 6 guy and he probably look good with KK, I was thinking they sign him long term, and moving out Dumba (not re-signing him) opens cap room. Wasn't implying they should rent him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Should have been more clear. The whole he's young, Minnesota wants a top 6 guy and he probably look good with KK, I was thinking they sign him long term, and moving out Dumba (not re-signing him) opens cap room. Wasn't implying they should rent him.
I wouldn’t give a 1st for a him when he’s a UFA at the end of the season and this draft is loaded with centers in the 1st round. I would like to take a shot at signing him in the offseason though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wouldn’t give a 1st for a him when he’s a UFA at the end of the season and this draft is loaded with centers in the 1st round. I would like to take a shot at signing him in the offseason though.
Not me, but I don't see him signing for anything less than 5M, and that at fairly longterm. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, and rely on one of Hunt, ROR, SJO, Faber to make the team, or at worst, sign a guy in FA for short term, low bucks.

I can't see any way that the Dumba era isn't at an end in MN. There are too many teams out there looking for top 4 RHD that can skate, handle the puck, and play physically, for him to re-sign on the cheap.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Not me, but I don't see him signing for anything less than 5M, and that at fairly longterm. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, and rely on one of Hunt, ROR, SJO, Faber to make the team, or at worst, sign a guy in FA for short term, low bucks.

I can't see any way that the Dumba era isn't at an end in MN. There are too many teams out there looking for top 4 RHD that can skate, handle the puck, and play physically, for him to re-sign on the cheap.
I was talking about Kuzmenko, not Dumba. Dumba is as good as gone in my book.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
No team outside the playoffs at the QTR mark should even consider trading their 1st round pick. If anything, the Wild should start to seriously consider selling.

That doesn't mean the Wild can't add to their top 6 using other assets. Top 6 doesn't mean adding a fringe all star, it simply means that the Wild have a lot of injuries and a lot of mediocre players fighting for top 6 minutes that shouldn't be.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not sure the Wild cap situation currently but at some point in season if financially viable

To :wild
C/W Max Domi

To :hawks
C Caeden Bankier or D Ryan Masters
Wild 2023 2nd Round Pick

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Not sure the Wild cap situation currently but at some point in season if financially viable

To :wild
C/W Max Domi

To :hawks
C Caeden Bankier or D Ryan Masters
Wild 2023 2nd Round Pick
Max domi sucks with attitude. So Minnesota says no! He's also a rental where he recently only got a 5th or 6th . No team wanted him so he signed with Chicago

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Wild have any interest in Garland? Boeser has too high of a cap hit I assume at 6.65m, then it falls off to Pearson at 3.25m who should be back before christmas.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Any interest in Kempe, Iafallo, or Kupari? The Kings would be interested in Middleton, O'Rourke, Lambos, or Hunt I'd suspect.
I would be down for giving Kupari a shot centering Boldy. My personal belief is that Middleton, O’Rourke and Hunt could be included in some type of deal. I highly doubt Lambos could be had in a trade.
Kings should trade Fiala to Minnesota
I can think of at least 5 Wild posters that would love to reverse the trade.
Wild have any interest in Garland? Boeser has too high of a cap hit I assume at 6.65m, then it falls off to Pearson at 3.25m who should be back before christmas.
Probably. What’s the ask for Garland?

Reactions: BringTheReign

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Boeser isn’t good any longer. He's also slow and play a 1side game. No thanks. If any hometown player is still a little good, it's Casey Middlestat
isnt good yet has 14 points in 16 games playing with Galrand and Dries at 5 on 5 and having a PP2 role. i agree that he's slow and average defenisively at best but he's still an elite offensive player. Name one other player available producing more than he is let alone with the linemates he plays with. If he's not good anymore then whats that say about everyone else being offered thats being outproduced by him?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
isnt good yet has 14 points in 16 games playing with Galrand and Dries at 5 on 5 and having a PP2 role. i agree that he's slow and average defenisively at best but he's still an elite offensive player. Name one other player available producing more than he is let alone with the linemates he plays with. If he's not good anymore then whats that say about everyone else being offered thats being outproduced by him?

Has played like 20 minutes of even strength hockey with that line and it hasn't scored a goal yet.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Has played like 20 minutes of even strength hockey with that line and it hasn't scored a goal yet.
just checked 45 minutes with dries and 30 with garland so far. Doesn't sound like a lot but its 16 games and his highest ice time with any other forward at 5 on 5 is JT miller at about 67 minutes. Dries is catching up to him for the most 5 on 5 ice time spent with Boeser and Dries only has 11 games played. If Dries had been on the roster for all 16 of Boeser's games he likely would be the top linemate for Boeser.

Obviously Boeser is in a slump for goals when he only has 3 but even in a goal scoring slump for a goal scorer he's racking up points at even strength and on a split between pp1 and pp2

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
just checked 45 minutes with dries and 30 with garland so far. Doesn't sound like a lot but its 16 games and his highest ice time with any other forward at 5 on 5 is JT miller at about 67 minutes. Dries is catching up to him for the most 5 on 5 ice time spent with Boeser and Dries only has 11 games played. If Dries had been on the roster for all 16 of Boeser's games he likely would be the top linemate for Boeser.

Obviously Boeser is in a slump for goals when he only has 3 but even in a goal scoring slump for a goal scorer he's racking up points at even strength and on a split between pp1 and pp2

And only 20 minutes with both. Now check how much time he's logged with Horvat, Miller. 9 even strength points and 6 of them came with either Horvat, Miller or Pettersson. 5 powerplay points and 4 of them came on the top unit with all three of them.

You don't get to play the "oh look how good his production is with these bad players" card when most of his ice time and a vast majority of his production comes from playing with Horvat, Miller or Pettersson.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
And only 20 minutes with both. Now check how much time he's logged with Horvat, Miller. 9 even strength points and 6 of them came with either Horvat, Miller or Pettersson. 5 powerplay points and 4 of them came on the top unit with all three of them.

You don't get to play the "oh look how good his production is with these bad players" card when most of his ice time and a vast majority of his production comes from playing with Horvat, Miller or Pettersson.
you're right. i didnt look too deeply into his stats so i agree he's not producing with the weaker players. i'd still say its impressive that with about 35-40% of his ice time split between dries and garland at 5 on 5 and about 20-25% split onto pp2 its still impressive hat he's producing as much as he is. That means he's picking up his points in reduced ice time with the top guys. Theres potential that if he was given more ice time on the 2nd line with miller and horvat or on pp1 that he could be producing more than he has been already. Obviously he could just end up spending more ice time with them and be still having the same results as well.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I would be down for giving Kupari a shot centering Boldy. My personal belief is that Middleton, O’Rourke and Hunt could be included in some type of deal. I highly doubt Lambos could be had in a trade.
I think just about the entirety of the HFBoards Kings contingent would be interested in something around Middleton and Kupari, and I'd agree Kupari would fit well with Boldy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad