Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Game-3.png

*Time above are Mountain Time

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Mikhail Abramov, Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
Yegor Afanasiev, CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Rodion Amirov, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Zakhar Bardakov, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL)
Danil Bashkirov, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Yegor Chinakhov, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Vladislav Firstov, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Arseni Gritsyuk, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Maxim Groshev, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Marat Khusnutdinov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vasili Podkolzin, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vasili Ponomaryov, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)
Ilya Safonov, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yegor Spiridonov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Defencemen:
Roman Bychkov, Buran Voronezh (VHL)
Danil Chaika, CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Semyon Chistyakov, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Kirill Kirsanov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Artemi Knyazev, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yan Kuznetsov, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Shakir Mukhamadullin, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Yegor Shekhovtsov, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)
Goaltenders:
Artur Akhtyamov, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yaroslav Askarov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vsevolod Skotnikov, CSKA Moscow (KHL)

full

USA
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Matthew Beniers, University of Michigan (NCAA)
Brett Berard, Providence College (NCAA)
Matthew Boldy, Boston College (NCAA)
Bobby Brink, University of Denver (NCAA)
Brendan Brisson, University of Michigan (NCAA)
Cole Caufield, University of Wisconsin (NCAA)
Sam Colangelo, Northeastern University (NCAA)
John Farinacci, Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)
Arthur Kaliyev, Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL)
Patrick Moynihan, Providence College (NCAA)
Landon Slaggert, University of Notre Dame (NCAA)
Alex Turcotte, University of Wisconsin (NCAA)
Trevor Zegras, Boston University (NCAA)
Defencemen:
Brock Faber, University of Minnesota (NCAA)
Drew Helleson, Boston College (NCAA)
Ryan Johnson, University of Minnesota (NCAA)
Tyler Kleven, University of North Dakota (NCAA)
Jackson LaCombe, University of Minnesota (NCAA)
Jake Sanderson, University of North Dakota (NCAA)
Hunter Skinner, London Knights (OHL)
Henry Thrun, Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)
Cam York, University of Michigan (NCAA)
Goaltenders:
Spencer Knight, Boston College (NCAA)
Logan Stein, Ferris State University (NCAA)
Dustin Wolf, Everett Silvertips (WHL)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited by a moderator:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Group B is going to be a dog fight with USA, Russia, and Sweden. There's a decent chance this game decides who takes first place in the group.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Maybe so. It's such a turkey shoot this year. Haven't seen the USA play, saw the Russians yesterday. Most players haven't played all year for the most part I don't think. Makes it hard to judge. USA Russia should be a good one.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pumped for this one, this should be a fantastic game.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is probably my favorite matchup in the preliminary round. The best 2 goalies, some great forwards on both sides. The Americans have the edge on D I think but this should be a fun game. 3-2 USA in Overtime.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Zegras impresses the hell outta me. Caufield did once he had that confidence looked dangerous. Puck followed those two around. Russia in the exhibition game didn’t look dangerous nearly enough. Hope they step it up. Amirov needs to be better.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think USA is on another level than Russia this year but in one game (and with Askarov in net) anything can happen.

I'll say USA 3-1.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't want the best game of the round robin to be short. I want a tight game that goes into overtime - after that, I don't care who wins.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sounds cliched but I think this one will come down to goaltending. I expect to see the U.S. apply a lot of pressure in the offensive zone and I also expect the Russians to get more than a few odd man rushes. We'll see which keeper holds down the fort and comes up big and crucial moments. That seems to be Askarov's MO while I see Knight as the more predictable and steady presence in net.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Should be a hell of a game. Hard to pick a winner. I'm giving a slight edge to Russia. I think it will be a 3-2 / 2-1 game

It will surely be a very fast paced game. I expect the US to be maybe slightly more active but Russia can play a very mature game in their own zone.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Will have to be switching my attention from the game to attempting to be social to the company I will be keeping tomorrow so it isn't likely I can be 100% on this one tomorrow.

I say 3-2 U.S, p.p being the difference. But I could also see Askarov out dueling Knight and the score being the other way.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think the Americans have a slightly better team but Askarov is the difference. Russia couldn't really sustain offensive zone time last night but in typical Russian form they looked dangerous on the counter attack multiple times. 2-1 Russia.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm sure you will. Anyway, I do think the U.S. has a better team than Russia this year but in reality it doesn't mean all that much.

We aren't ever allowed to be good. In a year where Russia has a weaker 19 year old crop and their best player is by far their 18 year old goalie, who has no track record of playing well in this tournament, we aren't allowed to be better. Only certain teams are allowed to be really good. If we win this game (or tournament) its because we scrapped and fought and got some luck. It can't be that we were simply better than they thought. And don't forget that our 19 year old crop is very overrated. Why? Who knows, but they aren't allowed any credit because it might defy logic why a team with such a good 19 year old crop gets no respect in some quarters.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
We aren't ever allowed to be good. In a year where Russia has a weaker 19 year old crop and their best player is by far their 18 year old goalie, who has no track record of playing well in this tournament, we aren't allowed to be better. Only certain teams are allowed to be really good. If we win this game (or tournament) its because we scrapped and fought and got some luck. It can't be that we were simply better than they thought. And don't forget that our 19 year old crop is very overrated. Why? Who knows, but they aren't allowed any credit because it might defy logic why a team with such a good 19 year old crop gets no respect in some quarters.
I have to agree, what is there? 8 returnees? something like that and very good talent, I think they have more on hand then Russia this year.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad