Russia vs Canada U20 frendlies

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
:laugh:
I made one positive post about Horvat.
Bennett had a bad game. It's exhibition hockey in the summer.
No need to take it personally.
Now go out and enjoy the summer weather![/
QUOTE]

Canada had a bad game.

And that's exactly my point. It's an exhibition game in the middle of summer, yet posters (like you) are calling for Bennett's head, and others are calling him a bust.

Who's overreacting?

I never called him a bust and I never called for his head. I said he had a bad game.
You've attacked every single poster who had anything negative to say about him.
You're taking it too personally. It's an exhibition game.
Anyways, that's my last response.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Canada had a bad game.

And that's exactly my point. It's an exhibition game in the middle of summer, yet posters (like you) are calling for Bennett's head, and others are calling him a bust.

Who's overreacting?

1) I don't see where he called for Bennet's head

2) I didn't call him a bust. Like you said, he's still young.

Please stop stretching and twisting the truth. :help:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Don't be so mad that Comrie is so over-hyped by Jets fans like yourself. If he was amazing he would have made some saves regardless of the play of his teammates. His play just shows he is another average goalie prospect.

Evidence is this game and the first game.

Evidence of Comrie being overrated is two games in the middle of the summer, ignoring what he did during the actual season.:laugh:

Oh Primeytimey, your agenda is always good for a laugh.

Primetimey*

Evidence of Comrie being overrated is two games in the middle of the summer, ignoring what he did during the actual season.:laugh:

Reading that Comrie should make it over Fucale on the Jets boards is always good for a laugh as well.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So...He missed 2 hits and accidentally caught a knee, which is dangerous to him as well, and he bumped a player after the whistle. The NHL should definitely ban him for fear of randomly sucker punching a guy.

#BackesTheGoon
#ThugLife

:laugh: He didn't watch the videos, he read the sensationalized description and posted them.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
So...He missed 2 hits and accidentally caught a knee, which is dangerous to him as well, and he bumped a player after the whistle. The NHL should definitely ban him for fear of randomly sucker punching a guy.

#BackesTheGoon
#ThugLife

Please tell me how he missed the check on Stajan, that was a viscous play. Okay I admit, the third video was quite a reach :laugh:

Either way, the better player that is dirty who is American, would be Dustin Brown. He was taking liberties in one of the games at the Olympics this year, forget which one though. Doesn't really matter though since they didn't medal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This team left me underwhelmed. From this team only Mcdavid, Fabbri and petan should make the team. Sanhiem has a shot as all well. Bennett left alot to be desired. Wasn't impressed with his play these games. Looked good offensively but for pushed off the puck easily and made since bonehead plays and penalties. His d zone coverage wasn't good either. He has an outside shot, but his play in these games hurt his shot. Hell have to come back stronger and more mature in the CHL season to make it

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Exactly this. Comrie singlehandedly dragged the Tri-City Americans into the playoffs and was the 2nd best goalie in the WHL last season. But please, tell us about how much his stats reflect his ability in a 2 game sample size.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Please tell me how he missed the check on Stajan, that was a viscous play.

Either way, the better player that is dirty who is American, would be Dustin Brown. He was taking liberties in one of the games at the Olympics this year, forget which one though.

I don't think anyone is denying that Brown is a dirty player... Except Kings fans who are convinced he's just dumb and falls a lot.

Every nation has their dirty players. If you haven't noticed, hockey players on the whole aren't very honorable people.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Nurse left alot to be desired. Wasn't impressed with his play these games. Looked good offensively but for pushed off the puck easily and made since bonehead plays and penalties. His d zone coverage wasn't good either. He has an outside shot, but his play in these games hurt his shot. Hell have to come back stronger and more mature in the CHL season to make it

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Out of any of our forwards, I was the least impressed with Brendan Perlini.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This team left me underwhelmed. From this team only Mcdavid, Fabbri and petan should make the team. Sanhiem has a shot as all well. Bennett left alot to be desired. Wasn't impressed with his play these games. Looked good offensively but for pushed off the puck easily and made since bonehead plays and penalties. His d zone coverage wasn't good either. He has an outside shot, but his play in these games hurt his shot. Hell have to come back stronger and more mature in the CHL season to make it

Nurse left alot to be desired. Wasn't impressed with his play these games. Looked good offensively but for pushed off the puck easily and made since bonehead plays and penalties. His d zone coverage wasn't good either. He has an outside shot, but his play in these games hurt his shot. Hell have to come back stronger and more mature in the CHL season to make it

LOL.. :facepalm: Nurse was one of the best d man according to the coach and Cory Pronman liked his game as well.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Just those 3 guys?? If Fabbri and Petan make the team than Horvat sure as hell is going to make the team.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Please tell me how he missed the check on Stajan, that was a viscous play. Okay I admit, the third video was quite a reach :laugh:

Either way, the better player that is dirty who is American, would be Dustin Brown. He was taking liberties in one of the games at the Olympics this year, forget which one though. Doesn't really matter though since they didn't medal.

Because Backes knows that he can skate through most NHLers...Which is why he lays back to not try and kill someone. Blues fans see him do it a lot. The mistake wasn't the knee...It was not committing himself fully to the hit, and he clearly knew it.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Canada vs. America, so you can try to demean my country somewhere else.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Because Backes knows that he can skate through most NHLers...Which is why he lays back to not try and kill someone. Blues fans see him do it a lot. The mistake wasn't the knee...It was not committing himself fully to the hit, and he clearly knew it.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Canada vs. America, so you can try to demean my country somewhere else.

I'm actually becoming an American Citizen either this or next year, so yeah...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The season is a month and a half away. While it can't hurt to look good at this point, I would think the coming four months are much more important when it comes to winning a spot on the WJC teams.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Backes leaned in with his shoulder but Stajan moved and they went knee on knee. That wasn't Backes's intent. You can watch other players do it and they don't even attempt to make body contact

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
If summer Hockey is causing this much emotion can you imagine come World Juniors time, these boards are going to be a war zone. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad