Russia U20 National Team

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why no Fedotov, Poltapov.
I propose we make a list of underagers who did not make it, but are still eligible next year(and would not look out of place this year, but something has to give).

Fedotov, Poltapov, Perevalov, Petrov

Ivanov

Just off the top of my head. I bet there are a couple more.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Which guys do you feel would be good checkers on this squad?

At FWs the team indeed lacks size and power, but Trineyev could be fine at that. Ponomaryov was legit at the checking duties last year, I think Tankov can do similar things too. Not sure about the checking, but as for the poweful net-front presence it could be Didkovskiy. Khusnutdinov is undersized, but doesn't mind some hitting.

As for the D, I think it is fine both in terms of size and power.

Reactions: Fantomas

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Thanks. I think for NA-based players, I'd just want Chayka and Kuznetsov (maybe on the same pairing) and that's it. The forwards look fine to me, despite some question marks about size and grit.

Reactions: Caser

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks. I think for NA-based players, I'd just want Chayka and Kuznetsov (maybe on the same pairing) and that's it. The forwards look fine to me, despite some question marks about size and grit.

As much as I didn't like them last year I still think our D could use them, yes, just because it can't be worse I guess. As for FWs, if the roster is of 25 players as last year, I'd consider Gushchin too, he got some very useful speed and can play both wings.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Via OHL expert Brock Otten. I wonder how highly Mintyukov is thought of in Russia , among National team coaches and if he is a WJC candidate

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Via OHL expert Brock Otten. I wonder how highly Mintyukov is thought of in Russia , among National team coaches and if he is a WJC candidate

Bold claim. That would put him ahead of Chayka(38th overall). Should we believe it? I think the body of evidence is not there yet. Next year, like so many other underagers.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Bold claim. That would put him ahead of Chayka(38th overall). Should we believe it? I think the body of evidence is not there yet. Next year, like so many other underagers.

Actually purely talent wise I'd say Mintyukov > Chayka, but at this point Chayka has much more experience and it matters for the WJC.

Reactions: Atas2000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad