Russia playing at 4.15pm local time???

sivert

Apr 5, 2007
Kazan
Are you sure?

There is no concrete schedule on ihwc.net yet. It's only written that games E1-F4 and E2-F3 will be played on may 9. So i guess Russia will play at 20.15

UPDATE: you were right. I didn't notice this:
In case Russia is qualified for quarter-/semi-final game(s), these game(s) will start at 15:15 or 16:15

Last edited:

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
I forgot about the holiday in Russia, because the holiday is today in western Europe ...

damn

Pushkin*

May 9th is a Holiday and the whole point is having Russia playing the early game so they could have the most rest come 1/2 and finals...

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Which holiday is that? Is it a Russian holiday? There is no holiday here in Sweden that day anyway. The only thing in the calendar is the "Europe day", but that isn't a holiday.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Which holiday is that? Is it a Russian holiday? There is no holiday here in Sweden that day anyway. The only thing in the calendar is the "Europe day", but that isn't a holiday.
I think in Russia its the 9th of May to celebrate the end of the war cause thats when the Germans surrendered to Russia while the Germans surrendered to the US on the 8th of May.

I think its due to that but not sure.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
I think in Russia its the 9th of May to celebrate the end of the war cause thats when the Germans surrendered to Russia while the Germans surrendered to the US on the 8th of May.

I think its due to that but not sure.

No, it's beacuse when the unconditional surrender was signed it was already early morning of 9-th in Moscow,

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
You can check the exact times of matches by going to the IIWC website, pressing the Live Games banner, then clicking on Select Games. A page with the timetable of scheduled matches will come up, giving you both Moscow and GTM times.

Russia will play at 16:15. Which is very good for me -- it will only be midnight in New Zealand! I have to wake up at 4am to watch 20.15 games... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad