Russia National Team discussion thread

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Btw, the same thing happaned to Makarov after he went to the NHL. He was a far worse player in the 1990 WC than he was in the 1989 WC In 1989 Makarov was one of the best players in the tournament where in 1990 he was a 3rd or 4rd liner with very little scoring. He scored that one great goal against the Czechs though which was the best in the tournament.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This is so absurdly Rotenberg. He is replacing everybody with a voice. I officially hated Vorobyov as HC, but Kudashov is even worse. It's not even a change as he was Vorobypv's assistant, but the guy literally lacks big stage expirience.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Vorobyov had to go, after the team's unprecedented meltdown in the medal round of the WC this year. That was cringeworthy beyond even other coaching meltdowns in the past. In my opinion, coaches, particularly those like Vorobyov and Kudashov who are not established and respected, are in a hopeless spot. How do you crack down on, motivate or discipline NHL superstars when they give only half of what they have to offer? After all, they "donate" their valuable time, when they could otherwise be sailing on their fabulous luxury yachts in the Mediterranean instead!

I can't think of a single player (maybe Vasilevsky) who was willing to give up his body and play to the death for Russia, the way every single Finn, Canadian, American and even Swedish player was willing to do. After winning Gold almost every year in the WC under the Soviet flag, only 4 Gold Medals in 27 WCs since the best started going to the NHL. Trying to mix NHL and KHL players on national and Olympic teams has been a total disaster for Russia. Since there seems to be no hope for Gold, why not limit the national team to KHL players, and let the NHL'ers sail? Since their yachts are much less fabulous, KHL'ers could probably respond to motivation and disciplinary measures.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Channel One Cup roster:

Goalkeepers: Ilya Sorokin (CSKA Moscow), Alexander Samonov (SKA Saint Petersburg), Timur Bilyalov (Ak Bars Kazan).

Defensemen: Nikita Nesterov (CSKA Moscow), Vyacheslav Voynov (Avangard Omsk), Rushan Rafikov (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl), Artyom Zub, Igor Ozhiganov (both SKA Saint Petersburg), Andrei Pedan, Albert Yarullin, Nikita Lyamkin (all Ak Bars Kazan), Andrei Mironov (Dynamo Moscow).

Forwards: Mikhail Grigorenko, Kirill Kaprizov, Anton Slepyshev, Sergei Andronov, Pavel Karnaukhov (all CSKA Moscow), Andrei Kuzmenko, Anton Burdasov, Vladimir Tkachyov, Evgeny Ketov, Alexander Barabanov (all SKA Saint Petersburg), Vadim Shipachyov (Dynamo Moscow), Vladimir Tkachyov (Ak Bars Kazan), Kirill Semyonov (Avangard Omsk), Damir Zhafyarov (Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod), Nikita Soshnikov (Salavat Yulaev Ufa).

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Swedish Hockey Games roster:

GK
Timur Bilyalov
Igor Bobkov
Alexander Samonov

D
Grigoriy Dronov
Danila Galenyuk
Bogdan Kiselevich
Nikita Lyamkin
Andrei Mironov
Rushan Rafikov
Alexander Romanov
Artyom Sergeyev

FW
Grigoriy Denisenko
Artyom Galimov
Anatoliy Golyshev
Artur Kayumov
Pavel Kudryavtsev
Maxim Mamin
Kirill Marchenko
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Alexander Sharov
Andrei Svetlakov
Sergei Tolchinskiy
Dmitriy Voronkov
Denis Zernov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

GK
Timur Bilyalov
Igor Bobkov
Alexander Samonov
D
Grigoriy Dronov
Danila Galenyuk
Bogdan Kiselevich
Nikita Lyamkin
Andrei Mironov
Rushan Rafikov
Alexander Romanov
Artyom Sergeyev
FW
Grigoriy Denisenko
Artyom Galimov
Anatoliy Golyshev
Artur Kayumov
Pavel Kudryavtsev
Maxim Mamin
Kirill Marchenko
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Alexander Sharov
Andrei Svetlakov
Sergei Tolchinskiy
Dmitriy Voronkov
Denis Zernov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Those will be fun to watch at least.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

GK
Timur Bilyalov
Igor Bobkov
Alexander Samonov
D
Grigoriy Dronov
Danila Galenyuk
Bogdan Kiselevich
Nikita Lyamkin
Andrei Mironov
Rushan Rafikov
Alexander Romanov
Artyom Sergeyev
FW
Grigoriy Denisenko
Artyom Galimov
Anatoliy Golyshev
Artur Kayumov
Pavel Kudryavtsev
Maxim Mamin
Kirill Marchenko
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Alexander Sharov
Andrei Svetlakov
Sergei Tolchinskiy
Dmitriy Voronkov
Denis Zernov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tolchinskiy and Voronkov are out with injuries, Ivan Igumnov, Pavel Poryadin and Artyom Shvets-Rogovoi have been called up to replace them.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
I have not seen game with Finland, but for weekend games I would mention players like Romanov, Rafikov, Poryadin, Zernov, Galimov as best.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Official enough now? It was just the COVID lag. Bragin takes over the NT and SKA. Larionov the junior NT. The world is reversed once again. A NT coach I like and a junior NT coach I hate.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Imo, Bragin shoud've been given a chance a year earlier.
The Kudashov travesty was stupid enough. The only good thing that came of it was that it was so bad, they realized they had to pull the brakes.

"Good" thing the season is null and void. We probably were spared some embarassing performances by the NT.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
If the World Championship is going to happen, what players should be considered to represent Russia? Given that the tournament will go on completely without NHL-players. Olympic 2018 team was pretty easy to predict, now I have to admit I have no idea who could make it to the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad