GDT: Rush GDT Squared, New Jersey Yukons @ Arizona Misfit Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Stafford has played very soft.
And yes I'm concerned about Trav.

Wood has to stop with the penalties and Zacha can only blame himself last night as he looked very slow.

Sami was very impressive last night.

Col was much more physical than us last night and looked faster.

Very tough game expected tonight vs a faster young team that has a lot of skill.

Despite those shortcomings they won and could have won handily with a bit more luck. NJ is a flawed team but at this point you just watch them and hope for the best while the roster continues to be worked on. Playoffs or not the team has taken a big step forward this year and Zajac aside the young core is either in their prime or young enough to trend up.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
At this point it makes no sense to keep him up. He is going to keep losing confidence and continue to not progress. Send him down.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Pretty awful decision. Whatever. That second line will be anemic and will be broken up after a period. And the 4th line will be anemic because it’s two sloths and a mentally challenged person.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
did shero draft zacha or was that LL's last guy? Zacha has been off his game but give me a break.. he is playing as good as Mr. Softie Stafford.. if anyone out there doesn't fit this team its stafford... he is weak along the boards weak in his own end.. and isn't really scoring.. hayes i mean you want to see him in the lineup but we are less skilled tonight than last night.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Facepalm. Send the kid down already, he needs a lot of seasoning. Add another plodder in. Let's see how slow they look tonight. They are dissecting the speed up front that made them so tough to play against. Let's all pay attention to see if it's noticable in the upcoming stretch of tough games.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hopefully Hall, Hischier, bratt can do something. It was fun being a fast team now the devils are slow apart from the first line and not even a good possession team to make up for that

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Hopefully Hall, Hischier, bratt can do something. It was fun being a fast team now the devils are slow apart from the first line and not even a good possession team to make up for that

Yep, it's like the have forgotten what has made them successful. You can tell by watching they don't play with anywhere near the pace. Remember when they skated Toronto into the ground TWICE? I wish there was some indication that JQ was in the fold this season, but doesn't appear to be the case. Seems they are content with Stafford and Hayes plodding around.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hynes is clueless. Absolutely f***ing clueless. Either send him down or trade him. He can't do anything right for this troglodyte of a coach

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hayes for PZ is not giving your team the best chance to win.

Zona is very fast, we are icing a slow lineup tonight.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
did shero draft zacha or was that LL's last guy? Zacha has been off his game but give me a break.. he is playing as good as Mr. Softie Stafford.. if anyone out there doesn't fit this team its stafford... he is weak along the boards weak in his own end.. and isn't really scoring.. hayes i mean you want to see him in the lineup but we are less skilled tonight than last night.

PZ was Conte's pick.

It's not why he's being scratched though.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Hayes for PZ is not giving your team the best chance to win.

Zona is very fast, we are icing a slow lineup tonight.

That's the issue I see with zacha clearly getting dummied around and henrique traded. The speed of the lineup up front, which is what has made them so successful. Not that I am against the vatanen deal, but it's almost like you helped negate your biggest strength even in filling a weakness. I wish they would give him an extended look with hall and Nico, two guys who can set him up at will. But I knew that would never happen. Zacha is hynes scapegoat up front, that's clear to me. Thought him scrapping Lovejoy early on was a sign he was turning a corner in terms of roster deployment, but obviously that was wishful thinking.

Reactions: Owenay

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
PZ wasn't good last night but no worse than Stafford or Wood.

Look at Zona's fleet forwards plus OEL.
Will we be able to chase down the puck at all tonight with the lack of speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad