GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Gm 8 FINALE | CBJ @ WSH 7 PM EST | 10/08/22 | Stream on bluejackets.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Laine and Gaudreau playing with each other on PP. :D Need some killer instinct there but otherwise it's promising and fun to watch (if not a bit frustrating).

Eh it looks to me like they need a lot more practice.

Some movement is good but they keep parking Gaudreau and Laine on their non one-timer sides and that doesn't seem to be any threat for the PK. We should be learning from the Caps' PP about keeping your best shooter in shooting position.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Johnny a bit rusty with his passing or just unlucky today. At least 3 blocked passes that led to giveaways so far. They still create chances every shift so minor complaint

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's cool hearing Dennis Maruk on the broadcast. He was our best player on the Barons for 2 years. I still remember seeing him play and when they would call his name after scoring a goal. He was a solid player.

Reactions: Tube Skates

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland

Some movement is good but they keep parking Gaudreau and Laine on their non one-timer sides and that doesn't seem to be any threat for the PK. We should be learning from the Caps' PP about keeping your best shooter in shooting position.
Yeah I don't disagree. They need practice. But the calmness of their puck control was refreshing, not a care in the world, just passing to each other... It has to start clicking soon in terms of high danger chances and goals, but for now I've been happy with this.

So far it's also looked like Laine finds Gaudreau with a cross-ice pass more than the other way around, so they need to figure out how to open up Laine better (indeed just like Caps do with Ovechkin, he's had at least two good opportunities at an open net today I think).

Reactions: Marioesque

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Yeah Larsen talked about not overthinking it early when asked who Gaudreau was going play with but then when it comes to the PP they handicap themselves and take away the biggest threat the team has. In what world is not setting Laine up on his one timer side not the best play? Even if hes not scoring it creates a 4-3 on the rest of the ice because they have to respect the shot

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah Larsen talked about not overthinking it early when asked who Gaudreau was going play with but then when it comes to the PP they handicap themselves and take away the biggest threat the team has. In what world is not setting Laine up on his one timer side not the best play? Even if hes not scoring it creates a 4-3 on the rest of the ice because they have to respect the shot

Using right handed Boqvist on point in PP1 would allow faster puck movement from the point to Laine. Caps are successfully blocking Johnny's cross ice passes today. Carlson sets up Ovie a lot like that.

Reactions: majormajor

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Welp, give it up in one end and it's in the net in the other end.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Nothing terrible, Johnny still gets up to speed. Just don't let him do what he did today in OT. By the way, I liked Laine better with Voracek anyway.

Whenever the opposing players are in front of Merzlikins, I get a bad feeling.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad