GDT: Running Preaseason GDT: Game 8 (FINALE) PIT & CBJ, 7 PM EST (Stream on bluejackets.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I was a little disappointed with the Laine - Texier - Voracek line this evening, and I do not think that you could say it is all Texier. I actually do not think that Voracek had a good game.
I also notices one other thing, against better team, you are far to often punished for doing to much alone. Laine or Roslovic it do not matter.

The PP was much more predicable and stressed in this game, it is now we will see if it really works.
They seamed to static in their positions. In the other night, Bjorkstand, Laine and Voracek where all constantly changing position.
In this game they was more static and more like the previously seasons.

Do still not think that the Bjorkstand and Nyquist worked to well with Jake Roslovic. I also noticed that the Pegvins almost constantly had two man on Bjorkstrand and Voracek, and that also partly count when they was short handed.

Most importantly, they was skating and skating a lot.
In my point of view, we was outworked.

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Laine has the best defense... :yo: Btw
It`s interesting how stats can change view. :nod:

I was a little disappointed with the Laine - Texier - Voracek line this evening, and I do not think that you could say it is all Texier. I actually do not think that Voracek had a good game.
I also notices one other thing, against better team, you are far to often punished for doing to much alone. Laine or Roslovic it do not matter.

The PP was much more predicable and stressed in this game, it is now we will see if it really works.
They seamed to static in their positions. In the other night, Bjorkstand, Laine and Voracek where all constantly changing position.
In this game they was more static and more like the previously seasons.

Do still not think that the Bjorkstand and Nyquist worked to well with Jake Roslovic. I also noticed that the Pegvins almost constantly had two man on Bjorkstrand and Voracek, and that also partly count when they was short handed.

Most importantly, they was skating and skating a lot.
In my point of view, we was outworked.

Laine has started to believe himself finally but he can`t be new Roslovic although he didn`t lose the puck and can pass. But I like chemistry of the whole line. Of course I'm rating players and lines based on the fact that there`re preseason games. If it is season games, the rating would be completely different.

It`s interesting how stats can change view. :nod:

EDIT: I repeat, It`s only preseason, so I don't notice a lot of things that I would have noticed in the season. For example, for Cech internet site Voracek said, for rxample, his skating sin`t ideal yet....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Bad is Gavrikov isn`t TOP 6 defensman but he played there.

I'm wondering if this is just language barrier? Gavrikov is an excellent second pair shutdown D, and did nothing this game that would put that into question. His pinch led to the Kuraly goal and he wasn't on for any goals against.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm wondering if this is just language barrier? Gavrikov is an excellent second pair shutdown D, and did nothing this game that would put that into question. His pinch led to the Kuraly goal and he wasn't on for any goals against.
He`s a good player but I think not the second shutdown D. Of course for our roster yes and ideal to Boqvist.

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I didn't have a good feeling about this game after watching us squander the 5 minute major.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

:whaaa?:

upload_2021-10-9_23-47-47.jpeg

8.6 on the “Gavy Lutz” just before….

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Language barrier??

Gavrikov is a terrible skater and somehow even worse with the puck on his stick, with either giving or receiving a pass.

He also has plenty of trouble with coverage and being able to tie sticks up around the net. He’s also shown to have many issues with ‘on the rush’ attacks. To put it simply, for a guy that gets credit for being a “defensive defenseman”, he’s not actually that good at playing defense. He can block shots, but, very rarely is he stripping guys of the puck or actually getting his stick on passes/pucks in the lane or danger areas.

3rd pair D at best, imo.

Reactions: VT

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Laine has started to believe himself finally but he can`t be new Roslovic although he didn`t lose the puck and can pass. But I like chemistry of the whole line. Of course I'm rating players and lines based on the fact that there`re preseason games. If it is season games, the rating would be completely different.

First of all I was not rating the line in general yet, but it did not quite work as well in this game.
Also I agree, that the Laine and Voracek has been the one, that has been working best. Just...
As I write, they pretty much took out Bjorkstrand and Voracek, by having their defensive focus on them, and both line look a little tame. Yes even Bjorkstrand had a goal, they looked a little tame.
So it seems like they has been scouting our team, and notice who our key offensive player is.
That should probably not be any surprise for anyone, but I do have some fate..

And yet, Laine tried to play around Voracek, at the end of the game, but do it alone, does not work as well.
That said, I think Laine has been our third or fourth best player in the preseason, and that is a huge improvement.
Voracek has clearly be the best, except for yesterday.

Yes Roslovic is long down the list, simply because we too often end up loosing the puck, when he has gotten it. He is simply not good enough passing under stress and not good enough using his linemate.
That is however probably the same thing.
He need to improve that part of his game and he will become the teams best center.

That said, there are still reason for optimism.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
First of all I was not rating the line in general yet, but it did not quite work as well in this game.
Also I agree, that the Laine and Voracek has been the one, that has been working best. Just...
As I write, they pretty much took out Bjorkstrand and Voracek, by having their defensive focus on them, and both line look a little tame. Yes even Bjorkstrand had a goal, they looked a little tame.
So it seems like they has been scouting our team, and notice who our key offensive player is.
That should probably not be any surprise for anyone, but I do have some fate..

And yet, Laine tried to play around Voracek, at the end of the game, but do it alone, does not work as well.
That said, I think Laine has been our third or fourth best player in the preseason, and that is a huge improvement.
Voracek has clearly be the best, except for yesterday.

Yes Roslovic is long down the list, simply because we too often end up loosing the puck, when he has gotten it. He is simply not good enough passing under stress and not good enough using his linemate.
That is however probably the same thing.
He need to improve that part of his game and he will become the teams best center.

That said, there are still reason for optimism.
I noticed it. What's happen Roslovic's line who is the best from it every must know. Your words about Roslo are righ. But I'm not sure if he's able play under forchecking. I think Sillinger could be our the best center. What's happen Texiers's line, Tex isn't an ideal center yet. I don't understand words "play around Voracek" but I think these games showed why him and Voracek are better than Bjorkstrand. Of course it's only preseason.
What's happen chemistry look at Texier's play. He finished holding the puck too long, one tries to use his teammates, which I liked. Besides, it was the only line that played very good in defense, which wouldn't have been possible without the good cooperation of the whole trio. Although I prefer Sillinger there.
Still to Roslovic. Play of the center showed Sillinger.
Even younger without experiences he played better than Jack. And will be only better. I really liked the third line.

Language barrier??

Gavrikov is a terrible skater and somehow even worse with the puck on his stick, with either giving or receiving a pass.

He also has plenty of trouble with coverage and being able to tie sticks up around the net. He’s also shown to have many issues with ‘on the rush’ attacks. To put it simply, for a guy that gets credit for being a “defensive defenseman”, he’s not actually that good at playing defense. He can block shots, but, very rarely is he stripping guys of the puck or actually getting his stick on passes/pucks in the lane or danger areas.

3rd pair D at best, imo.
It's maybe too, but he is good only to Boqvist who must to learn defense. Although when I'm thinking about it... maybe it would be better to move Bean to Boqvist and Peeke to Werenski. Jake has very good speed, puckhandling, hockey vision and the camp showed he's good in defense. Besides Lars's style is about play with the puck, skill, very good passing and not play without the puck.

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
They tip pucks in the NHL.

CBJ radio guys talking about how Elvis likes “hard pads” and that most guys like “soft pads”.

NO, THATS JUST AN EXCUSE BECAUSE HIS REBOUND CONTROL IS SHIT!!

Look, I don't truly favour one of our goalies over the other. I will always support any goalie wearing the CBJ jersey.
If it was Korpisalo in net and a tipped puck got past him, I would've made the same comment and came to his defense.

Reactions: thebus88 and LJ7201

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I noticed it. What's happen Roslovic's line who is the best from it every must know. Your words about Roslo are righ. But I'm not sure if he's able play under forchecking. I think Sillinger could be our the best center. What's happen Texiers's line, Tex isn't an ideal center yet. I don't understand words "play around Voracek" but I think these games showed why him and Voracek are better than Bjorkstrand. Of course it's only preseason.
What's happen chemistry look at Texier's play. He finished holding the puck too long, one tries to use his teammates, which I liked. Besides, it was the only line that played very good in defense, which wouldn't have been possible without the good cooperation of the whole trio. Although I prefer Sillinger there.
Still to Roslovic. Play of the center showed Sillinger.
Even younger without experiences he played better than Jack. And will be only better. I really liked the third line..
Oh my, you are aggressive...
Actually I think I has made it clear what I mean about both Roslovic and Texiers game. They simply generally have to much focus on their puck handling. What is worse there two things happens far to often with both of them,
  • They shows off and end up in a corner, or something, where two defense men easily pick the pucks and bang we are in defense.
  • They shows off and too late they realize they are trapped, and make a bad pass and bang w....
Compare Sillinger's game is a little difficult, but I temp to agree and I think we needs to play Jenner at center on the first line.

However in this last game, it was not really Texier, that was the source of problems. In the end of the game, that chemistry seamed to be somewhat gone. Both Laine and Voracek was trying also to show of their individuel skills, and to much the same result as when Roslovic do it.

So about how good Voracek is compared to Bjorkstrand, I tent to agree, except in this last game he wasn't.
In this game, the first game where anyone really tries to put pressure on Voracek, he is in trouble and made quite few bad passes.
So, in this came Bjorkstrand was actually better, and he was not too good.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Oh my, you are aggressive...
Actually I think I has made it clear what I mean about both Roslovic and Texiers game. They simply generally have to much focus on their puck handling. What is worse there two things happens far to often with both of them,
  • They shows off and end up in a corner, or something, where two defense men easily pick the pucks and bang we are in defense.
  • They shows off and too late they realize they are trapped, and make a bad pass and bang w....
Compare Sillinger's game is a little difficult, but I temp to agree and I think we needs to play Jenner at center on the first line.

However in this last game, it was not really Texier, that was the source of problems. In the end of the game, that chemistry seamed to be somewhat gone. Both Laine and Voracek was trying also to show of their individuel skills, and to much the same result as when Roslovic do it.

So about how good Voracek is compared to Bjorkstrand, I tent to agree, except in this last game he wasn't.
In this game, the first game where anyone really tries to put pressure on Voracek, he is in trouble and made quite few bad passes.
So, in this came Bjorkstrand was actually better, and he was not too good.
I wasn't agressive. But because of my English isn't ideal sometimes it can look similar. I'm sorry. :(
I agree, Tex wasn't a problem what I wrote. Similar like Laine played like Roslovic only not so much and without turnovers (miracle :sarcasm:). I have meant their qualities like players and not only one game. I say about Bjork, Laine and Voracek. But I can be wrong because it's only preseason.
Btw, Lars must explain them that the puck is faster than a player. The team doesn't need more players like Roslo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad