Rundblad

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Even Bylsma reportedly received interest/offers after not just underperforming with the Penguins for several years, but leading Team USA to an underwhelming performance at Sochi (finishing with a rather embarrasing blowout in the bronze game), and you're saying someone with Quinneville's track record would not be able to yield a single offer? I have to assume you are trolling at this point, c'mon now.

There was a member on this board who remembered in an interview where Q said he would have a heck of a time finding a job if he was let go. I do recall hearing that and it has been mentioned on this board by others,

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There was a member on this board who remembered in an interview where Q said he would have a heck of a time finding a job if he was let go. I do recall hearing that and it has been mentioned on this board by others,

Somebody referenced Q having trouble finding a job coming off of a DUI six years ago. You said some terrible team "might" take a flier on him if he was available today.

Revisionism at its finest.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think he's referring to a post I had made about a month ago. That Q said when he was hired, he was worried if he would get work. As said, at the time he was fired from Colorado and had the DUI as well. Times have changed and he has won 2 cups since then. None of his worries then have anything to do with now.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Somebody referenced Q having trouble finding a job coming off of a DUI six years ago. You said some terrible team "might" take a flier on him if he was available today.

Revisionism at its finest.

5-6 years on that..........The B. Smith joke and hiring all those great assistant coaches that everyone loves. Right? Most boards questioning his decisions but he is outstanding.
Well see how outstanding he is in the next few seasons. When the exit comes the IF this or IF that excuses will happen once again. In the meantime, the pumping goes on............

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
5-6 years on that..........The B. Smith joke and hiring all those great assistant coaches that everyone loves. Right? Most boards questioning his decisions but he is outstanding.
Well see how outstanding he is in the next few seasons. When the exit comes the IF this or IF that excuses will happen once again. In the meantime, the pumping goes on............

I seriously don't know how to respond to this. Their are plenty of people on this board who will tell you I'm hardly Q's biggest fan.

But that doesn't mean these jumps in logic and conjecture you pull out of thin air have any basis in truth or reality.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Times have changed since he become our HC and I still wait for the Links he said that are all over the Internet :laugh:

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Mediocre is far too generous. Runblad at this point is not an NHL player. Some prospects cannot take the next step forward in development and hes clearly one of them.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If this keeps up there is no doubt there are many, many players more deserving of that roster spot. I was willing to give it a chance and play "wait and see", as often is the case with transactions, especially ones with younger, still-developing players.

I'm not prepared to "wait" much longer.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Still willing to give him time, but yeah, he hasn't looked great at anything. If he doesn't show something here in the next 7 games, waive him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
With Rozsival back it is going to be difficult for him to get ice time unless TvR gets injured. He definitely shouldn't be taking any ice time away from TvR, that much is certain.

Well even when Rozy is back, I wouldn't expect to see him treated any different that the past seasons where he gets off plenty of time.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I think the choice this year between Rosie and Runblad is the difference between a bull**** sandwich and a horse**** sandwich. No matter what you're eating crap.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Well even when Rozy is back, I wouldn't expect to see him treated any different that the past seasons where he gets off plenty of time.

That's why I said it would be difficult for him to get ice time because there will be the inevitable maintenance day for Rozy.

I don't think playing once every week is going to do much for his development. I wish they would just give him the boot now. We'll see though.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
With Rozsival back it is going to be difficult for him to get ice time unless TvR gets injured. He definitely shouldn't be taking any ice time away from TvR, that much is certain.

True enough, but Rozy won't be playing every game, and is bound to get hurt again. Unless you get the Rockford shuttle going every other game, would prefer to see the other kids in Rockford playing every night than having them in and out with Rozy. Rundblad would be good for that I guess, assuming he picks up his game a little.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
I think the choice this year between Rosie and Runblad is the difference between a bull**** sandwich and a horse**** sandwich. No matter what you're eating crap.

Runblad makes Rozy look like Ray Bourque.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Wow, you guys should really save your contempt for Rundblad for when he actually plays terribly.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I shudder to think what him playing terribly looks like if what we have been witnessing isn't it.

Name a goal this far that was his fault? He has been shaky but certainly not terrible.

Guess you all always need someone to ***** about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad