Line Combos: Run the Draft Simulator - Give us your skeleton line up

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Run the Draft Simulator - http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

Be honest with the results. Tell us where you landed, make a pick.

Make some realistic off-season moves that fall in line with the clubs direction. Even if you can't necessarily fill in all the slots, try to make a couple of realistic moves. I do fully expect more then half of these lineups to have Stamkos in them.

No BS, I landed 1st overall with Toronto with my first try. Pretty exciting stuff (I was kind of hoping for more of a challenge though). With the 1st overall pick, the Leafs are proud to select, Mr.Matthews.

The Leafs sign Zaitsev

The Leafs sign Ramo to a 1 year contract

The Leafs sign Dominic Moore to a 1 year contract

The Leafs trade Kadri, Holland, Percy to New Jersey for Damon Severson and a 2nd round pick.

Next seasons line up -

JVR-Matthews-Michalek
Komarov-Nylander-Lupul
Leivo-Bozak-Marner
Winnik-Moore-Soshnikov
Greening

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Severson
Harrington-Zaitsev
Corrado

Bernier
Ramo

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Ended up with 3 this time.

Puju at 3
Stamkos signed
Bickell (for Greening) contract taken for pick/prospect
copied your Severson and Moore signings - except Holland stays.
Ward signed.

JvR-Stamkos-Marner
Komarov-Nylander-Michalek
Puju-Bozak-Bickell
Hartman-Moore-Winnik
Lupul

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Severson
Harrington-Zeitsev

Bernier
Ward

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ended up with 3 this time.

Puju at 3
Stamkos signed
Bickell contract taken for pick/prospect
copied your Severson and Moore signings - except Holland stays.
Ward signed.

JvR-Stamkos-Puju
Komarov-Nylander-Marner
Michalek-Holland-Bickell
Hartman-Moore-Winnik
Lupul

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Severson
Harrington-Zeitsev

Bernier
Ward

What did you do with Bozak and Greening?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I got Matthews as well, which is funny because the last 3 times I used the sim(not in one sitting) the Leafs have won the lottery each time.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
my first go was
Montreal, Winnipeg and Vancouver.

i had to stop and go throw up.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Ran it 10 times, in this exact order

Leafs-CBJ-Oil
Canes-Flames-CBJ
Leafs Coyotes Oilers
Wild Leafs Jets
Flyers Wild Canucks
Canucks Jets Leafs
CBJ Oilers Buffalo
Jets CBJ Leafs
Habs Sens Flames <---Yikes!
CBJ Leafs Oil

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
So the first time I ran it, we picked second. Guess who was first?

YEESH! :edmonton

So, just for S&G's, I ran it a bunch more times. But I'm pretty sure this things isn't set up properly. Because even though we are third in the draft order, they were at least half a dozen times where we came in 5th, which as you know is no longer possible if you're in the top 3, 4th is the lowest you can drop to.

And now that I've run it a bunch more times, it appears that the simulator has a glitch. If Edmonton doesn't get a top three pick, they drop to 4th. However, if the either Toronto or Columbus doesn't make the top three, they drop to 5th or 6th and the Oil always remains 4th.

That being said:

With the 2nd selection in the 2016 NHL entry draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select Patrick Laine.

Summer: Sign Steven Stamkos, Zaitsev. Luke Schenn (1.5m 1 yr)

Opening night lineup:

JVR-Stamkos-Nylander
Komarov-Kadri-Marner
Leivo-Bozak-Lupul
Winnik-Holland-Leipsic
Brown/Soshnikov

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Schenn-Corrado
Percy

Reimer
Sparks

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
So the first time I ran it, we picked second. Guess who was first?

YEESH! :edmonton

So, just for S&G's, I ran it a bunch more times. But I'm pretty sure this things isn't set up properly. Because even though we are third in the draft order, they were at least half a dozen times where we came in 5th, which as you know is no longer possible if you're in the top 3, 4th is the lowest you can drop to.

And now that I've run it a bunch more times, it appears that the simulator has a glitch. If Edmonton doesn't get a top three pick, they drop to 4th. However, if the either Toronto or Columbus doesn't make the top three, they drop to 5th or 6th and the Oil always remains 4th.

That being said:

With the 2nd selection in the 2016 NHL entry draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select Patrick Laine.

Summer: Sign Steven Stamkos, Zaitsev. Luke Schenn (1.5m 1 yr)

Opening night lineup:

JVR-Stamkos-Nylander
Komarov-Kadri-Marner
Leivo-Bozak-Lupul
Winnik-Holland-Leipsic
Brown/Soshnikov

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Schenn-Corrado
Percy

Reimer
Sparks

Click on standings when you first get to the site. Itll explain everything.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Click on standings when you first get to the site. Itll explain everything.

Sorry, but that doesn't tell me anything. It's still impossible for any team in the top 3 to finish any lower than 4th, according to the new rules of the draft. Unless it's the fact that Columbus and Buffalo are tied in points percentage, which is throwing everything off. Still doesn't explain why the Oilers never finish out of the top 4.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
ran simulator. we ended up with 4th overall :cry: leaf luck

at 4 i think the leafs take tkachuck. imo hunter will have a good knowledge of him and shanny probably knows the father. kid has pedigree and we have marner to play with him. he is obviously a step below the finns but i think he has jvr upside which isnt too shabby.

i think given that the leafs draft 4th they will look to gut the team while bringing up some rookies so they can bottom out again next year.

i am 100% convinced in my heart that stamkos will sign with the leafs. i think zaitsev will as well. other then those 2 i dont see the leafs doing anything else to improve the roster.

next season opening night;

jvr stamkos marner
michalek bozak lupul
komorov nylander leivo
winnik carrick greening

rielly zaitsev
gardiner hunwick
percy corrado
harrington

bernier
sparks

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Sorry, but that doesn't tell me anything. It's still impossible for any team in the top 3 to finish any lower than 4th, according to the new rules of the draft. Unless it's the fact that Columbus and Buffalo are tied in points percentage, which is throwing everything off. Still doesn't explain why the Oilers never finish out of the top 4.

Where did you hear that no team in the top 3 can fall outside of 4? To my knowledge the lowest last place could fall was 4, then 2nd is 5th etc. All 3 picks can be lotteried. (I thought)

So if 1 team outside of the bottom 3 win the lottery then the next 2 picks are only lotteried with the bottom 3?

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
ran simulator. we ended up with 4th overall :cry: leaf luck

at 4 i think the leafs take tkachuck. imo hunter will have a good knowledge of him and shanny probably knows the father. kid has pedigree and we have marner to play with him. he is obviously a step below the finns but i think he has jvr upside which isnt too shabby.

i think given that the leafs draft 4th they will look to gut the team while bringing up some rookies so they can bottom out again next year.

i am 100% convinced in my heart that stamkos will sign with the leafs. i think zaitsev will as well. other then those 2 i dont see the leafs doing anything else to improve the roster.

next season opening night;

jvr stamkos marner
michalek bozak lupul
komorov nylander leivo
winnik carrick greening

rielly zaitsev
gardiner hunwick
percy corrado
harrington

bernier
sparks

Dude...what happened to Kadri and Holland? We had to have gotten more than just picks back. At least one servicable roster player.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Where did you hear that no team in the top 3 can fall outside of 4? To my knowledge the lowest last place could fall was 4, then 2nd is 5th etc. All 3 picks can be lotteried. (I thought)

So if 1 team outside of the bottom 3 win the lottery then the next 2 picks are only lotteried with the bottom 3?

You're right. My error. I had it in my head that any of the top three could only drop to 4th. But of course, that's if you finish last. Here's the rule:

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

Guess I just can't stand the fact the Edmonton still has the best chance to score Matthews. There really oughta be a law!!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ran the simulator 20 times.

Calgary got #1 5 times, Leafs 4 times

guitarist37

Dec 8, 2010
I ended up with leafs picking 5th. Edmonton was 4th, and I assume they took Chychrun so we can't even take him..... sigh..

I wanted to make a trade around JVR for Trouba. With Ladd leaving, they could use a big LW on a good contract to help them compete for the next 2 years. Doubt they can re-sign Trouba anyways.

So i did what many of you would hate me for: Drafted Tkachuk cause he's a LW

I sign Perron Because we need someone to play with stamkos in order to get him here. Need a veteran to replace JVR. Can michalek play LW?

Moves:
Sign Stamkos
Trade JVR for Trouba
Sign Perron 4.5 x 4
Bozak for picks at draft

Michalek

Perron Stamkos Marner
Tkachuk Kadri Komarov
Leivo Nylander Winnik
Lupul Froese Holland

Gardiner Trouba
Rielly Corrado
Harrington Hunwick
Loov/Percy

Reims
Sparks

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not gonna lie, I was pretty tempted to restart.

1. CBJ- Matthews
2. MTL- Laine
3. OTT- Puljujarvi
4. EDM- Chychrun
5. TOR- Nylander

2016-2017 Lineup

JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Komarov-W.Nylander-Marner
Johnson-Holland-Brown
Leivo-Winnik-Soshnikov

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Harrington-Corrado
Loov

Key losses: Bozak (Traded for a mid to late first rounder and expiring contract who won't be here next year.), Greening (Buried in minors).
Key additions: Nylander (Graduation), Marner (Graduation), Johnson (Earns a spot out of training camp.), Zaitsev (Free agent signing), Loov (Graduation), Soshnikov (Graduation).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad