Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and Armchair GM talk - XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
And Eichel and Reinhart are 50% retained on their contracts.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
So with Byron & MayRay on waivers and Granlund assigned to Stockton, here's what I have for our opening day roster:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bouma - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Bennett - Jooris
Bollig - Stajan - Jones

Giordano - Hamilton
Russell - Wideman
Englelland - Wotherspoon
Kulak

Ramo
Hiller
(Ortio)

Can we have another forward to get to the 23 man roster limit or do Brodie and/or Colborne still count towards that?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So with Byron & MayRay on waivers and Granlund assigned to Stockton, here's what I have for our opening day roster:

Bollig - Stajan - Jones

Giordano - Hamilton
Russell - Wideman
Englelland - Wotherspoon
Kulak

Ramo
Hiller
(Ortio)

Can we have another forward to get to the 23 man roster limit or do Brodie and/or Colborne still count towards that?
Wotherspoon is in Stockton. Injured players do not count against the roster limit. Pretty sure the Flames will keep one of Raymond or Byron with the big club.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Bollig - Stajan - Jones

Giordano - Hamilton
Russell - Wideman
Englelland - Wotherspoon
Kulak

Ramo
Hiller
(Ortio)

You got that right:

But got this kinda wrong:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Wotherspoon is in Stockton. Injured players do not count against the roster limit. Pretty sure the Flames will keep one of Raymond or Byron with the big club.

Oh I missed him being sent down. That makes more sense.

I would imagine Byron stays.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
That LW depth is absolutely horrendous. lol. Three spots assigned to bottom six players, including a rookie and a guy who shouldn't even be taking a regular shift in the NHL.

I agree that we definitely have some pretty bad LW depth after Johnny, but I think the bolded is incorrect. You are either talking about Bouma or Bollig with the bolded. Bouma looked great last year. Bollig has won a cup with Chicago, and come into camp following a very strong playoffs leaner and more fit than he's ever been. I think he's had a great preseason.

So... I don't really understand your derision. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Honestly, there isn't really a single thing Bollig could have done differently this camp to change people's minds. People just don't like changing their minds.

Personally, at the start of camp I thought Bollig was going to end up being the casualty of competition, and playing in Stockton. He's definitely earned his spot in the opening night.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Stajan looked liked Gretzky that night and Bollig was the benefactor. Still impressive though.

I would say Bollig was more the beneficiary. Stajan was the benefactor.

But it was more than one game for Bollig. He followed that up by being one of our best forwards against Winnipeg, too.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Nothing imminent on the goaltending front according to Treliving:
Flames general manager Brad Treliving was asked to evaluate the pulse of current market for goalies in the NHL.

“With goalies, you never know,” he said. “There’s only two goalies on a team, so there’s not a lot of jobs. Right now, there’s not an outcry from anyone that needs one. There’s all kinds of factors … but there’s not a shortage of goaltenders, that’s for sure.
Flames notes: Crowded crease remains as Ramo draws opening-night start

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I think the flames should put in a claim for Panik to replace Byron. Panik has higher potential IMO then Panik and has enough skill to play in the top 6 if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad