Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
In the offseason, there needs to be a major shakeup in the pipes as we know.

I’d trade Skinner to San Jose for Blackwood and do whatever to land a guy like Merzlikens, hell even Markstrom. I know people are going to say Merzliken’s numbers are bad. Well, he’s on a pretty bad team so not surprising. But he is a capable starting goalie.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Another Drai rumor. Pushed by Toronto homer and SN piece of shit Jeff Marek now:

Yeah he is going to go to a rebuilding team that won't be prevalent for another 6-7 years lol sure Draisaitl will be happy not making his next playoffs till age 37

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Another Drai rumor. Pushed by Toronto homer and SN piece of shit Jeff Marek now:

I mean Mike Grier can throw 15 million at him. If that's what they're speculating. Commend Grier for getting a lot of bad contract off his books.

Whether Leon who seems to live for playoffs wants to go 2-3 years to be 2-3 years away from making the playoffs? Doubtful.

Linus Ullmark would be at the top of my list.

1. Linus Ullmark
2. Juuse Saro

A new goalie coach should be at the top of every list. Schwartz could turn a block of granite ready to be sculpted into rubble.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Sure we win the cup this year or next then it makes sense. He can go there and become the first player to receive a max NHL contract. But I highly doubt he is going to want to SJ when he is 30 while they still probably have a couple of years of rebuilding if not more.

I mean Mike Grier can throw 15 million at him. If that's what they're speculating. Commend Grier for getting a lot of bad contract off his books.

Whether Leon who seems to live for playoffs wants to go 2-3 years to be 2-3 years away from making the playoffs? Doubtful.

A new goalie coach should be at the top of every list. Schwartz could turn a block of granite ready to be sculpted into rubble.
Woodley should be on the list. It's not just the goalie position itself that he knows, but he understands how defensive systems can help damn near every goalie as well as he knows what the other team is going to throw offensively at the goalie and defensive system.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Pickard is a UFA at the end of the year and if he find some continued success in the playoffs he might get himself a solid offer somewhere.
I don't mind him signing elsewhere. Get himself a nice retirement money. He deserves it.

I would prefer to trade Campbell for Ullmark but I doubt that would work

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't mind him signing elsewhere. Get himself a nice retirement money. He deserves it.

I would prefer to trade Campbell for Ullmark but I doubt that would work
Yeah I would too, but you are very likely correct. I wonder if they would do Kane and Skinner + for Ullmark?

They get a physical scoring power forward and a back up goalie.

Especially with a few of the guys that might walk this summer on them.

Reactions: Canovin

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Reactions: Oilhawks

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Skinner+ for Ullmark

Ullmark, Pickard, Rodrigue for next seson
I always thought Ullmark would be the perfect goalie for this team but trading Skinner for 1 year of Ullmark would be bad asset management. I think there will be a big market for Ullmark this summer and a team will overpay to get him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I don't know seems like he is gone regardless. Even if we win the cup we need to restructure the drafting and developing side of things and it seems clear Jackson is going to be the one to continue fixing that by bringing in someone more aligned to his way of thinking

I'm also curious at his age if he even wants to get into another GM role with a rebuilding club. Maybe just president of hockey operations or some sort of senior advisor in CBJ makes more sense to me.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

feecf41b-2fe0-42b2-8a28-c72740cc3933_text.gif

Take Bob Nicholson with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad