Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
No, it's to support to the ECHL and to replace Fanti who's not likely to be re-signed. It's general depth, Campbell's right where he needs to be to find success.

Has that been reported? Not saying it's not true, I just never saw anything mentioning that. He just came back from injury and his ECHL stats look pretty decent.

When I saw the signing, my initial thought was that the Oilers were seriously considering promoting Rodrigue as Skinner's backup next year.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
It's clear handedness matters for the Oil coaching staff and management with the Stetcher deadline pick-up. He's a right-handed veteran who will get his shot with the Desharnais injury. The Oil with Broberg foolishly over estimated the ability of a green banana defenseman to onboard on his off-shooting side while choking minutes and erratic dressing. Broberg might get some games down the stretch but it will be at LD where he has excelled by all reports on his natural side in Bakersfield.

Stetcher's competitive. But he'll need to be able to hold up to net front defending against bigger players.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Clearly to replace Fanti.

Has that been reported? Not saying it's not true, I just never saw anything mentioning that. He just came back from injury and his ECHL stats look pretty decent.

When I saw the signing, my initial thought was that they were seriously considering promoting Rodrigue as Skinner's backup next year.
Might be, I'm not sure, and it's possible. Fanti hasn't progressed as a pro much since signing so I think they're looking at a different guys to see if he can push more.

They haven't said, but it seems pretty obvious.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Clearly to replace Fanti.

Might be, I'm not sure, and it's possible. Fanti hasn't progressed as a pro much since signing so I think they're looking at a different guys to see if he can push more.

They haven't said, but it seems pretty obvious.

Fanti had hip surgery in the offseason and just recently returned, so I would be surprised if the Oilers would give up on him so quickly.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Fanti had hip surgery in the offseason and just recently returned, so I would be surprised if the Oilers would give up on him so quickly.
Maybe, he's an RFA this offseason and though he's been decent this year since coming back, he was pretty lack luster last year.

It also might be organizational depth, but I think it's a replacement for Fanti, because they have Day and a couple a European guys who might make that jump as well. Plus Campbell won't be here next years.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It says on the Oilers tweet that he will report to the Condors
Which is the team that sends players to the ECHL, so, yeah.

I suspect there are things in place to make all the appropriate contacts with the Oilers organization in Bako, much less so in Fort Wayne.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Yes, he was brought because they probably felt Broberg was not ready.
More like they didn't want Broberg sitting I the stand a as the 7 d it'd be a mistake not to give Broberg a chance stretcher has no real future with this organization past this year Broberg still might.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just listening to Rishaug on the Nielsen show and he says "A thought went through my head watching the pace of that game (against the Avs), I wonder if the Oilers are a top 4 Dman short because their guys, namely Ceci and Desharnais struggled with the pace of the game".

No shit Ryan, most of us knew this for a few years. He's acting like he's saying something out of the blue or groundbreaking. Was him and most of the media completely blind to this for this long? You hardly heard a peep out of these guys for months as the deadline in terms of needing to upgrade on Ceci and now they're starting to notice after the deadline when it was blatantly obvious to everybody else? Just odd

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad