Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
**** no. You've ruined my Sunday with those proposals man :madfire:

:razz:

Sorry Brian, I guess it needed more Reinhart.:scared:

I'll throw out a more basic trade for the simple minds like yours then.:razz: I know three ways and flipping assets can be confusing at the best of times.

Strome for Rieder

RFA for RFA

Strome Brothers Connection for Zee German Connect

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
I am not going to hear this Hoffman stuff for a while now.I just do not see him waive his NTC though. Check out his GF and boy is she a looker I just do not see him going to anger his Kagome.

Reactions: McDaddy

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'd love Hoffman simply because he's a shooter and would fit in well with all 3 centers on this team.

Also, trading Klefbom is dumb and i'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
When the Sens went after Duchene :snide:
That was a three way trade an there wasn't a single piece in that trade that I'd consider as valuable as Faulk himself let alone adding Klefbom and a bunch of picks plus 2 rising prospects.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hoffman would be a Stome + EDM 2nd + Jones type package, take it or leave it.

EDM 1st and stuff like Klefbom ... lets not get crazy.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
What level of winger does Strome, Caggiula, and a 2nd/3rd round pick get you? Is that Hoffman territory?

I do agree with Dazed and Confused in that Hoffman might not be as great of a fit on the PP as we might like to think, and that's his bread and butter. Simmonds would be ideal to replace Lucic on PP#1 in front of the net, with Puljujarvi taking Letestu's spot. We still really need a RHD and a Woodcroft firing to make the PP formidable though.

Nice to see another who agrees with my madness :laugh:

I like the Simmonds, though true be told I'd love to try Zack in that role.

Kassian's gotten about 200 seconds on the PP so far this year, and actually has a nice primary assist during that time. I wouldn't ever want him QB'ing the play, but he's great at creating chaos and generating chances out of it. To me he's a near perfect front of the net/ slot bumper option. Not to mention unlike Lucic and Maroon, he's actually a good puck carrier on the rush.

I'm still wanting to see a top unit of...

Kassian-Draisaitl-McDavid
Pulju-Sekera

And that leaves you with a still decent 2nd unit of..

Strome-RNH-Lucic
Letestu/Slepy/Benning/-Klef

This is why I'm open to dealing Maroon: the return should be decent, and Lucic, Kassian, and Khaira should be able to replace is role. Plus it lets you potentially get a more rounded player in the top 9 (see my want for Sobotka).

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Karlsson, Hoffman

For

Draisaitl, 2019 1st, 2018 2nd, Jones

Ottawa can then trade Draisaitl for futures if they don’t want to pay for his contract.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Karlsson, Hoffman

For

Draisaitl, 2019 1st, 2018 2nd, Jones

Ottawa can then trade Draisaitl for futures if they don’t want to pay for his contract.

No why is that trade going go through.if you are trading Karlsson you must have another young defacemen back that is way more established then Jones(Nurse or Kelfbom).

Also agin both players and their Kagomes will say no.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I keep thinking about Ceci and Hoffman on the oilers with Klefbom and something going to the Sens
If the ask on Ceci was anything more than Strome I'd pass, visually he can look rather good at times, but in practical terms he just isn't all that good at his job, I'd play Russell over top of him.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I am not saying this trade is going to happen or even talked about by either GM but going off what my friend has said and what is scary is he has been bang on with his info so far this year. what he said to me is slepy is all but a Senator so take that with a grain of salt and once again I have no proof and I am not starting a bs rumor just passing on what was said to me...

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I am not saying this trade is going to happen or even talked about by either GM but going off what my friend has said and what is scary is he has been bang on with his info so far this year. what he said to me is slepy is all but a Senator so take that with a grain of salt and once again I have no proof and I am not starting a bs rumor just passing on what was said to me...
As part of a deal for Hoffman?

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I feel like if that were the case, Speedy would have said something by now.

Reactions: Darkwinter

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Good ol Tracylane is making rumbles on Oilers finalizing a trade soon. And since I keep hearing about Slepyshev, it won't surprise me if he's moved.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
@TreenasOil said the Oilers are close to a trade. Not that it has ever meant much. Also speedy seems to be just a rare occurrence as opposed to the leaker of all credible rumors.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Slepy for Nick Paul makes some sense.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
@TreenasOil said the Oilers are close to a trade. Not that it has ever meant much. Also speedy seems to be just a rare occurrence as opposed to the leaker of all credible rumors.

My brother's uncle's newphew's sister's doctor's cousin's ex-husband told me that it's Slepyshev for Karlsson but they are hagling over draft picks and whether or not Eric Gryba is included.

Reactions: hugeegosorry

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't know how likely Hoffman is.

Chia seems super hesitant to add salary beyond this year and Hoffman is signed at $5.2M for two more years after this one.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I like Hoffman because he's fast. I think he'd work well with Draisaitl. Or you could play him with McDavid and move Lucic down with Draisaitl. Either way it would be an exciting move that would give me a little bit of hope for the rest of the season.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I can't see it being Hoffman unless a bigger name than Slepyshev is involved. Who else makes sense out of Ottawa? Slepy does only have 1 game left before he is no longer waiver exempt and Ottawa currently has 14 forwards on the roster so. I'll guess Dzingle for Slepy, but would love a bigger trade involving Pageau or Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad