Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Rattie to EDM, Oesterle to CHI, Pitlick to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And Bergevin has what to do with this?

It's hard to take GMs at face value when they're usually so tight-lipped about everything.

I mean, Chia would have to be braindead to trade Drai.

For the record, I don't think he will. But it was just a rumour started by a nobody and he had to clear it up? Weird.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm really worried about the Montreal offer sheet. It almost seems likely at this point.

Bergevin has the cap space, the need, and the desperation to make a reckless move like that.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
I'm really worried about the Montreal offer sheet. It almost seems likely at this point.

Bergevin has the cap space, the need, and the desperation to make a reckless move like that.

I wouldn't be. They still are weak on the backend and they need to sign this goalie named Price to a new contract next season.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
"I'm not trading PK Subban"-Bergevin 2016

I still think that was more to do with ownership meddling and how they viewed Subban was becoming bigger than the Habs than Bergevin acting rogue trading Montreal's biggest star (yes, bigger than Price).

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't be. They still are weak on the backend and they need to sign this goalie named Price to a new contract next season.

I think they might be worried about convincing him to re-sign with the team.

I certainly would be looking elsewhere if I was Price considering the team in front of him. Bergevin needs to quickly find some scoring up front especially while Weber is still a force.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Tracy Laneâ€Â
@TreenasOil
Following
More
Oilers are not trading Draisaitl but calls have come in latest with Avalanche offering Mackinnon and Barrie.....as purr Garfield

I know the source is garbage. If Draisaitl were holding out for big $, I would gladly do that trade. Our D is set, and Mackinnon is signed to a good deal for 6 years, and he + Connor would terrorize together with their speed and skill.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
I think they might be worried about convincing him to re-sign with the team.

I certainly would be looking elsewhere if I was Price considering the team in front of him. Bergevin needs to quickly find some scoring up front especially while Weber is still a force.

I don't disagree with your points but still don't see it happening.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I still think that was more to do with ownership meddling and how they viewed Subban was becoming bigger than the Habs than Bergevin acting rogue trading Montreal's biggest star (yes, bigger than Price).

Also Patches wanting Subban gone didn't help.

I'd wager if McDavid said keep Draisaitl, Chiarelli would do whatever it takes to keep him.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Curious on offer sheets

Say a team offersheets Draisaitl. Is Chia allowed to negotiate a different deal with them? "We don't wan't the picks. We will match unless you give us this instead" ?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Mackinnon and Barrie for Draisaitl would actually be a winning trade for Chia

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Curious on offer sheets

Say a team offersheets Draisaitl. Is Chia allowed to negotiate a different deal with them? "We don't wan't the picks. We will match unless you give us this instead" ?

No I'm pretty sure only the picks are allowed to be traded for compensation

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Curious on offer sheets

Flyers fan. Answer is yes. When we OS Weber Nashville wanted Schenn, Couts, ect don't remember what else instead of 4 first rounders.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Curious on offer sheets

Once it's signed I think the only choice is to match or to decline.

Montreal could threaten the offer sheet though to try to force Edmonton into trade talks though. This would of course require the Draisaitl camp to declare their intention to sign one if offered.

Edit: Or I'm wrong based on the above post... Time to do some reading.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Tracy Laneâ€Â
@TreenasOil
Following
More
Oilers are not trading Draisaitl but calls have come in latest with Avalanche offering Mackinnon and Barrie.....as purr Garfield

I know the source is garbage. If Draisaitl were holding out for big $, I would gladly do that trade. Our D is set, and Mackinnon is signed to a good deal for 6 years, and he + Connor would terrorize together with their speed and skill.

McDavid and Draisaitl were the highest scoring duo in the league, but what about the mystery box?!

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
MacKinnon and Barrie for Draisaitl would be a great trade. Might be some salary issues to work out, but absolutely you would find a way. There is zero chance that trade was offered.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Curious on offer sheets

I assume you'd just match it and then negotiate a trade after.

i also wonder maybe.....you see chia hold off on the mcdavid signing so maybe teams don't know exactly how much to offer sheet draisaitl.

perhaps chia misjudged this and will decide to to drai first then mcdavid.

or almost more likely is this has all been speculation and we are all fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad