Rumor: Rumours and Proposals PART7 for 2016/2017-Complaint window 2 is now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I meant how could Anaheim afford Lindholm :)

edit:
They're right up against the cap aren't they?

Yeah, just under $600K of cap space with over $3M on LTIR.

So what I would like to see the Oilers do. Move Pouliot and Nurse for Lindholm and Stoner, then move Fayne and Reinhart (and something) to Carolina for Stempniak

That would work out nicely.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Yeah, just under $600K of cap space with over $3M on LTIR.

So what I would like to see the Oilers do. Move Pouliot and Nurse for Lindholm and Stoner, then move Fayne and Reinhart (and something) to Carolina for Stempniak

That would work out nicely.

I don't wanna move Nurse, but that's interesting

duul

Jun 21, 2010
It's going to have to be something more like Nurse, Pouliot, 2017 1st round pick, and probably something else of value for Lindholm + Stoner.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, only five minutes till Stauffer goes on air.

We should know more by then.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Well, only five minutes till Stauffer goes on air.

We should know more by then.

My expectations are suitably set:

37686773.jpg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It's going to have to be something more like Nurse, Pouliot, 2017 1st round pick, and probably something else of value for Lindholm + Stoner.

Dang, would be sad to see Nurse go and I know the love of Nurse as a person and potential as a player runs very deep through the whole org. But, that is very obviously a significant upgrade for the team. From one of the worst D groups in the league to one of the best in a few months.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
There's really no point in making a trade right now unless it is to get a RHD that can play the PP. That's only if the deal involves just draft picks/prospects. Anaheim trading Lindholm to Edmonton is a pipe dream. That would be like us trading Draisaitl to Anaheim.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Nothing is going to happen (with trades). Especially not Lindholm. The Ducks will free up space using long term LTIR for Despres ($3.7) and Thompson ($1.6). They've already place Despres there. They will move Bernier to LA and free up more cap space giving them enough to sign Lindholm

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Nothing is going to happen (with trades). Especially not Lindholm. The Ducks will free up space using long term LTIR for Despres ($3.7) and Thompson ($1.6). They've already place Despres there. They will move Bernier to LA and free up more cap space giving them enough to sign Lindholm

Lindholm was never an option in my mind. Defensemen like him don't get traded in division. Trouba is another story, although his contract demands or willingness to sign in EDM might be an issue. I would bet Lindholm to EDM has a 0% chance of happening.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Stauffer not hinting at anything so far.

He's pretty much saying Nurse and McDavid are best bros though. So I think trading Nurse is out of the question now.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
There's really no point in making a trade right now unless it is to get a RHD that can play the PP. That's only if the deal involves just draft picks/prospects. Anaheim trading Lindholm to Edmonton is a pipe dream. That would be like us trading Draisaitl to Anaheim.

You do realize we have LHD that can play the right side ?

Lindholm Larsson
Klefbom Sekera
Russell Davidson once he returned

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Stauffer not hinting at anything so far.

He's pretty much saying Nurse and McDavid are best bros though. So I think trading Nurse is out of the question now.

McDavid: "if I ever get sold to LA, Nurse is coming with me"

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Someone needs to call in and directly ask him if he's heard anything about the Oilers acquiring another defensemen "soon".

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Would you do a 1st and JP for HL?

I am not familiar with him. Not sure Value...

Is there an NHL D-man you could compare Lindholm too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad