Rumour, Trade, FA 2020-2021 COVID edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Top pairing D for a uni-dimensional Winger. I'd have a tough time moving Morrissey for a player like Connor or Laine, i think. Even considering that, i think Werenski is a superior player to Morrissey, so even tougher...... Especially with Wing being one of the easiest position to fulfill via UFA.

Easier to fill in the draft as well. Wingers are pretty ubiquitous. I'd have a hard time passing up a Laine for Werenski trade 1 for 1. Ditto goes for Connor but I don't think that gets the deal done. Ehlers I'd hesitate but only because he drives play and we really need that right now.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think it's more likely Laine returns just Werenski. But that entirely depends on how much CBJ wants him.
you're probably right. Id hope to get Bjorkstrand too this org probably has lots of viewings of him as a former Portland Winterhawk and his stats look very good. Only reason i bring up including 1 of Samberg+Heinola is b/c one of them will likely never be in the lineup unless they can play the right side. What are the chances Samberg or Heinola are superior to Werenski? probably very low. Werenski is 23, and Morrissey is 25, that's your top 4 LD for 5+ years. Id trade one of those top 4 LD prospects for a top 6 C prospect/ELC/young player, like Foudy.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Rangers clearing room for Laine?

Clearly #1oa, Kakko, Fox and Chytil are off the table.

Maybe Nils Lundqvist, K'Andre Miller, Vitali Kravtsov, Brett Howden and Carolina's 1st for Laine and Lowry.

Imagine having Panarin, Laine, Lafreniere and Kakko as your top 4 wingers. Zibanajed and Chytil in the middle.

I know it is extremely rare, in fact I can't recall it ever actually happening, but I think NYR might trade 1OA. I certainly think they should. I'm sure they could get quite a price for that pick.

They went out and signed Panarin as a FA for 11.6 mil cap hit. Then they extended Kreider until he is 35 YO at 6.5 cap hit. Both with bonus laden contracts and NMCs. Another LW, even an elite one, just doesn't make sense for them. They could leave Laf on the table and take either Byfield or Stutzle but if they are going to do that it would make more sense to trade the pick. Or just get LAK to pay them to pass on Laf.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Maybe Nils Lundqvist, K'Andre Miller, Vitali Kravtsov, Brett Howden and Carolina's 1st for Laine and Lowry.

Imagine having Panarin, Laine, Lafreniere and Kakko as your top 4 wingers. Zibanajed and Chytil in the middle.

I know it is extremely rare, in fact I can't recall it ever actually happening, but I think NYR might trade 1OA. I certainly think they should. I'm sure they could get quite a price for that pick.

They went out and signed Panarin as a FA for 11.6 mil cap hit. Then they extended Kreider until he is 35 YO at 6.5 cap hit. Both with bonus laden contracts and NMCs. Another LW, even an elite one, just doesn't make sense for them. They could leave Laf on the table and take either Byfield or Stutzle but if they are going to do that it would make more sense to trade the pick. Or just get LAK to pay them to pass on Laf.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Just noticed that NYR have not signed Nils Lundqvist. What's up with that? Has the signing deadline passed? Was it moved along with everything else? He may be back in the draft pool. It is pretty unusual to see a 1st rd pick go unsigned.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
What makes anyone think that Columbus would trade Werenski?
i think just the note that CBJ has been a rumored trade partner, so ppl just theorizing what a return could be. Idk if they'd do it (probably not), but that's who i would target.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

Rangers definitely need a C more than a W and Panarin likely has that top LW locked up for his contract. Do they unload or demote Kreider? Wonder what a deal between LA and NYR would look like. LA has a lot of C depth if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What makes anyone think that Columbus would trade Werenski?

Just some rumours that CBJ is interested. Their fans seem to be okay with a Laine for Werenski move. You know its a fair trade when both parties know it's going to hurt but both parties would be happy with the return. It's not some futures kind of deal. Both players are good at what they do and both players are top players in their position so from that stand point the value is there. CBJ is desperate for a high end winger. We want a true #1 D. It's not ideal that he's a lefty. But you can make it work with one strong side as long as the guys on the other side can pull their weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad