TSN Radio Rumour: Phaneuf to Oilers for Gagner and #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cack

Jul 30, 2013
It was discussed on TSN 1050. Just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Simmons said and I am paraphrasing here, but he said he has heard rumours that dion could go to Edmonton for Gagner and the 3rd pick.

TSN may be back tracking now, but it was mentioned on their rumour. It may not be a confirmed rumour.

If someone else tweeted it that he also heard it on the radio, how did this not get discussed on their show around 10am today?

Steve Simmons is a disgrace to journalism.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So you know what sources writers in Ottawa, Calgary, and Toronto have.

If Bob McKenzie worked at the Star would be an insider?

Is Damien Cox now an insider because he does not work at the Star any more?

Damien Cox, Steve Simmons, Eric Francis, Bruce Garrioch all writers...are not insiders. They are there for opinionated discussion and to draw listeners in.

Bruce Garrioch is the worst because you can tell half the time his **** sucks. He's an obvious fluff piece. He makes up the the most absurd crap. Just read his rumour stuff in the Ottawa Sun, it draws people in. It's not true.

buttman*

It'll never happen. We should walk slowly and inconspicuously away from the crime scene if we are even able to trade Dion and 8 for Gagner and 3.

Basically lose the Leafs best Dman to move up 5 spots in a draft where there is little to choose from the 3rd and 8th.

Gagner is a waste of 5 million and I would prefer to have the cap space.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Damien Cox, Steve Simmons, Eric Francis, Bruce Garrioch all writers...are not insiders. They are there for opinionated discussion and to draw listeners in.

An insider is someone who has information that others do not have....anyone can be an insider!

It stands the reason that some sports witters would have information that others do not have....

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Bruce Garrioch is the worst because you can tell half the time his **** sucks. He's an obvious fluff piece. He makes up the the most absurd crap. Just read his rumour stuff in the Ottawa Sun, it draws people in. It's not true.

Cox is an insider. He was just hired by Rogers to be the head insider

buttman*

Sportsnet can call him whatever they want, as can you, but in the last 10 years Cox has broken very few if any deals.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

I don't think people actually know what that means. All he does is he gets a 30 second slot on tv shows for the latest rumors that have been collected from other mainstream sources. There's nothing "inside" about him.

K19*

Basically lose the Leafs best Dman to move up 5 spots in a draft where there is little to choose from the 3rd and 8th.

Gagner is a waste of 5 million and I would prefer to have the cap space.

And that's why your name is buttman.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't think people actually know what that means. All he does is he gets a 30 second slot on tv shows for the latest rumors that have been collected from other mainstream sources. There's nothing "inside" about him.

He was the one who broke the Shanahan hiring, the Carlyle re-hiring, and the Phaneuf deal. So, I'd say he knows some people.

Listien, I don't like the guy either, but he's an insider, there's no denying it

TheThrill81*

Another laughable rumour with no substance to it. Carry on folks.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He was the one who broke the Shanahan hiring, the Carlyle re-hiring, and the Phaneuf deal. So, I'd say he knows some people.

Listien, I don't like the guy either, but he's an insider, there's no denying it

There was nothing secret about the Dion deal. It was widely assumed he would sign during the winter classic festivities.
Agree to disagree.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Yes, but according to some he is not an insider. I'm not a fan, but he is a person who gets inside info.

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
There was nothing secret about the Dion deal. It was widely assumed he would sign during the winter classic festivities.
Agree to disagree.

Is this turning into a debate as to who's an insider?

Who in your opinion is an insider then?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh, Cox was also the one who reported the "list" the Leafs have of Bernier, Rielly, Bozak and Kessel

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Oh, Cox was also the one who reported the "list" the Leafs have of Bernier, Rielly, Bozak and Kessel

How does such a thing get confirmed?

I could say Gunnarsson and JVR are the only untouchables and there wouldn't be anyone there to correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad