Rumor: Rumors & Proposals VIII: Somethings gotta give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Balloon

Jan 20, 2010
Nothing gonna give now. Maybe spare parts for spare parts.

What worries me is that no big deals will be made in the offseason again and we'll have ground hogs day next season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Probably a good thing the rumours have died down. I wouldn't trust the idiots running this team to make the right trade.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Man, if we could deal Nikitin for Umberger I'd be thrilled. For now, a move like that would give this team a shake and a new look. If nothing is out there, make lemonade out of a lousy situation.

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
I wonder if the team could move Perron + Marincin + a 2nd for the best possible left handed shot defenseman they could get. Then convert Hall to centre, if they get McDavid or Eichel he can go back to the wing but IMO he needs to be a centre if the team is going to win with him. I think Hall has the talent to be top 5 player in the league if he succeeds at centre. If this plan works they are then set at centre and they can fill in the wings with free agent talent accordingly. Finally i think many can agree that the team is just not hard to play against and for that my solution is that Eberle puts on 20lbs of solid muscle, takes boxing lessons and turns into a little **** like Brenden Gallagher or Brad Marchand.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I wonder if the team could move Perron + Marincin + a 2nd for the best possible left handed shot defenseman they could get. Then convert Hall to centre, if they get McDavid or Eichel he can go back to the wing but IMO he needs to be a centre if the team is going to win with him. I think Hall has the talent to be top 5 player in the league if he succeeds at centre. If this plan works they are then set at centre and they can fill in the wings with free agent talent accordingly. Finally i think many can agree that the team is just not hard to play against and for that my solution is that Eberle puts on 20lbs of solid muscle, takes boxing lessons and turns into a little **** like Brenden Gallagher or Brad Marchand.

Hall doesn't have the brain to be a C.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Man, if we could deal Nikitin for Umberger I'd be thrilled. For now, a move like that would give this team a shake and a new look. If nothing is out there, make lemonade out of a lousy situation.

Was there a rumor about this or just an idea? I'd be on board too.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Is there any way EDM and COL can sort out a deal to help each other's floundering?

Schultz obviously back to Colorado.
ROR to EDM.

Question is, what else has to be passed between the clubs?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is there any way EDM and COL can sort out a deal to help each other's floundering?

ROR to EDM.

They would probably want Perron too. Patrick Roy would love him.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

ROR to EDM.

I think Colorado would prefer Marincin to Schultz.. Perron added to that makes some sense.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

ROR to EDM.

Colorado has no need for Schultz. They have Barrie and Johnson on the right side. I think they'd more ineterested in Marincin to be honest.

Edit: Damn it Moss, you beat me to it.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hmmmm....I'd have to seriously consider Marincin and Perron for ROR

BUT

I'd rather it be Schultz and Perron

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure if this was mentioned yet:

@TSNRyanRishaug
Don't expect Mactavish to move a core player anytime soon. Return isn't there, dealing from position of weakness.

@TSNRyanRishaug
Lateral move is possible but not imminent at this point. Draft pick won't be used. this group has been told no cavalry coming, up to them.

Ebs4Josi

Nov 22, 2014
Happening right now...

Ryan Mcdonagh, Chris Kreider, and Mats Zuccarello

FOR

Our 2015 1st round pick.

I WISH!

The last thing this team needs is another 18 year old.

Ebs4Josi

Nov 22, 2014
well many people on this board are CONVINCED that the more top 3 picks we get the better we will get

They are deceiving themselves.

Trade the 2015 pick now for 3 solid pieces.

2nd line C, top pairing D, and servicable winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad