Rumor: Rumors & Proposals | Turtleman, Turtleman, Does Whatever a Turtle Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
???

Hall has played a full season at the same pace he played the first half. He's done it twice in fact... that's what got him two top-ten finishes in scoring.

Never said he didn't, this past year is the most recent sample of any players level of play.

He definitely fell off this 2nd half... you'll note it happened only after we were pretty much mathematically eliminated (yet again).

This is a valid excuse?

Anyone who thinks a stud like Hall can handle losing for 5 seasons and still be highly motivated at the end of the season is being unfair. He's definitely frustrated... it isn't cool... and it isn't entirely his fault.

Then he is not elite becasue elite players lift the teams they play on, not go for a ride on them.

This is exactly what we all worried would happen... that we (the Oil) would break his spirit. I don't think it is too late, but this is definitely a warning sign that we need to get better NOW.

Oh for gods sakes, if we 'broke' his spirit he is a much worse player than anyone has ever said.

He needs teammates on D who can do their job as well as he can... then I have no doubts of his consistency/effort.

You are reaching here.

If the trade/UFA market doesn't allow us to get significantly better this summer, then we MUST trade Hall to accomplish that goal before we infect McD and so that we can hopefully salvage RNH and boost some value in Ebs.

We should not be trading Hall at all unless he is part of a package bringing back a top dman and I mean a guy like Subban. He should not be traded for spare parts or for one dimensional number two guy.

Your post and the comments you make about him is far more derogatory to Hall than me saying he did not play like an elite player all of last year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He has Mark Fayne potential..
Has the size but is a stick checker and is certainly not a goal scorer.

Mark Fayne potential? Give me a break. Fayne has never shown any offensive promise at any level. Hell, Faynes career high in points in the NHL is 17 points in 82 games. That's what Severson had in his first season, in 51 games. He put up 21 points in 72 games last year on the team that was last place in goals scored in the entire league last year. There's no reason to believe he can't be a solid 2nd pairing guy who puts up 30-35 pts consistently, and that's a fairly conversative estimate. Mark Fayne is a terrible comparison.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Devils fans think Severson has Top pairing potential :laugh: You should read what they say when we only offer them Yakupov for him.

Build from Yak for him and the Devils fans hate it.
Build from Eberle and a plus coming back and we hate it.

I wish so badly that we had another first rounder this year. Severson instead of Reinhart is nice.

I wonder if the Oilers could build a Yak and Pouliot bundle. Give them some positive possession numbers and 40 points. Plus the illusive Yak.
Two wingers for Severson is... tough.
I could get behind it if that San Jose bottom six forward comes to fruition.
BUT it opens holes.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
HEY! Gazzola isn't a stooge :laugh:

I've never been more convinced that they're not given much actual info, just an agenda to push the GM's propaganda and keep fans on edge. Probably for the best.

That's exactly what their role is. They don't know anything.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 3m3 minutes ago
My guess is that Peter Chiarelli will find a way to add 1 top 4 right shot D in next 2 weeks. That player, plus Sekera (NMC), Klefbom and...

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
@Bob_Stauffer 5m5 minutes ago
My guess is that Peter Chiarelli will find a way to add 1 top 4 right shot D in next 2 weeks. That player, plus Sekera (NMC), Klefbom and...

‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m1 minute ago
... Davidson (who could end up being a #4 ) will likely be the 4D the Oilers protect if they go the 4-4-1 route in expansion

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

... Davidson (who could end up being a #4 ) will likely be the 4D the Oilers protect if they go the 4-4-1 route in expansion

Ugh... Demers

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

If that's all chiarelli is planning, say hello to another guaranteed bottom 10 finish. Especially if the addition is someone like severson. Hopefully stauffer is just underselling here.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

Still not enough, not unless that top 4 they are adding is PK Subban. :rant:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Ryan Ellis has great stats for 2nd pairing dman 2nd pp as well as he can really move the puck. I would be very happy if Oilers aquired him. Lets not forget he plays behind Weber Josi Ekholm . And one of the better ev strength point gettening dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad