Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Last edited:

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
So before the end of the year means before the deadline. You'd think they'd get better value at the draft.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So before the end of the year means before the deadline. You'd think they'd get better value at the draft.

The draft is usually when picks have their highest value, so unless we are dealing guys like Eberle and Yak for futures the trade deadline is likely a really bad time to deal them.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
The draft is usually when picks have their highest value, so unless we are dealing guys like Eberle and Yak for futures the trade deadline is likely a really bad time to deal them.

Not necessarily. It is a gamble to take a pick early. If we sell our first pick it would have huge value then what happens when, sorry if we win and end up 25th or something. Then we got more than draft day value. Works in reverse of course.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
If we are trading Eberle (and Yak) I wish it was for top pairing dmen (or ones with that potential).

I like RoR but prefer using those assets for dmen.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Decimate the wing depth for a 6 million dollar+ a year 2nd line center type that will be a UFA next year, all without addressing the defensive issues plaguing the club...

Sounds like something the Oilers would do.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Even Mac T I don't think is dumb enough to risk Eberle our leading scorer right now for ROR given the contract situation.

I think Yakupov + Petry or something he'd do for ROR though. Worth the risk I guess.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
the C position won't be decided on until they know if they are starting the season with one of the McDavid or Eichel. If not, they may try for a FA signing. Alot depends on what they do with Roy. But, they won't be trading for ROR. Trades will be for draft picks (Petry) or for a Dman (Yak, Schultz, Ebs, Marincin, the 4th overall pick if that's what they end up with.

Couse, I'm about what I think or wish. Chances are there will be no bold trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 9, 2011
Oh why can't we clear out OBC and Eakins before any moves. It's sad that I am bracing for disappointment

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the C position won't be decided on until they know if they are starting the season with one of the McDavid or Eichel. If not, they may try for a FA signing. Alot depends on what they do with Roy. But, they won't be trading for ROR. Trades will be for draft picks (Petry) or for a Dman (Yak, Schultz, Ebs, Marincin, the 4th overall pick if that's what they end up with.

Couse, I'm about what I think or wish. Chances are there will be no bold trades.

plus since we probably have Roy as an option, with Lander looking okay as well, why not try to focus our assets on D or in goal? To me that's a bigger issue for us, particularly to find a LHD somewhere. I know that O'Reilly makes us better but I cringe at the possible cost, not just to get him but to re-sign him as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not necessarily. It is a gamble to take a pick early. If we sell our first pick it would have huge value then what happens when, sorry if we win and end up 25th or something. Then we got more than draft day value. Works in reverse of course.

How often do rebuilding teams deal their 1st round pick at a trade deadline? Most win now teams are more willing to part with 1st rounders at the deadline than at the draft.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
PM was sent to the poster making inside claims, he did not respond to it therefore I will not vouch for it and will disregard it as hearsay. Until I hear from said poster he is also thread banned from this thread.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I wouldn't be opposed to dealing Eberle. Ottawa could be a potential partner. They are looking for offence and a "Ryan type trade". I would look to do something like this:

Eberle for Lehner, Chiasson, 2nd

We get a big power forward to plug into our top-6 and give us another dimension. Lehner gives us a guy that could potentially be our starter for years to come and helps us shore up that position and a 2nd can be a decent trading chip on draft day.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
Nikitin+Pits 1st for Phaneuf

Schultz for Coburn

Fayne-Phaneuf
Coburn-Petry
Klefbom-Ference
Nurse

Don't look so bad. Really don't think we lose out on offence and get tougher to play against.

Jun 9, 2011

Schultz for Coburn

Fayne-Phaneuf
Coburn-Petry
Klefbom-Ference
Nurse

Don't look so bad. Really don't think we lose out on offence and get tougher to play against.
No to Phaneuf. A lot of Toronto fans would be thrilled to remove that lengthy contract.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If we end up with 1 of McDavid or Eichel, Do we make Draisaitl available in a trade for a top Dman or do we keep him and shift one of the young C's to wing?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't know if the rumours are true... but we all know that Yak has had one foot out the door in Edmonton since last season under Eakins.

For all we know it's not just a coincidence that Yak finally gets a shot at the shootout... trying to get him a little showcase time as he's likely on the block.

Not saying GM's are naive and think a shootout goal is anything that makes him more attractive... but it certainly doesn't hurt to try and get Yak looking like he has something going right if they are trying to deal him.

I'll be disappointed as hell if he's dealt as I think he has great work ethic and potential and I think he's a genuinely great person... but it is what it is.

I have pretty much resigned myself to this management group making moves and shuffling bodies just to make it look like they are doing something useful... with the same mediocre end results as always.

As for Eberle... I'd be surprised as hell if Hall's BFF is moved out. It would certainly be a "bold new plan" by MacT if one of the core is moved out... especially Eberle.

It's possible they are going to rip it all apart yet again and start fresh since they are going nowhere in the West with what they have.

If so... I assume size/grit/physicality are going to be coming back into the lineup and the dream of building the fast and dynamic Boys on the Bus 2.0 team is finally over.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
PM was sent to the poster making inside claims, he did not respond to it therefore I will not vouch for it and will disregard it as hearsay. Until I hear from said poster he is also thread banned from this thread.

that is why people who may or may not now something needs to send a PM to the nmods before hand. Last but of info I had--had Mact going behind the bench when he sacked Eakins--did not know thou it would be for a short time

voodoo rocks are somewhat silent--just what is publically known about a possible Petry move with either a 2nd or 3rd coming back with the wings and a few other easters team hovering, waiting-hoping the price goes down

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

Schultz for Coburn

Fayne-Phaneuf
Coburn-Petry
Klefbom-Ference
Nurse

Those two trades are MIGHTY optomistic.

And if we can get a ham cheese sandwich for Nikitin, let alone a 1/2 dman, I will drive his stuff to the airport. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad